Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am Sorry Sleeve - I Won't Do It Again

I am eleven months out - thinking I had conquered the "eating" thing yesterday - I stopped at a local fast food restaurant and ordered the chicken sandwich (plain) - got back to my desk and ate the meat part way too fast (I was preparing for a big event at work and semi stressed out by all the things that were left to be done) - within ten minutes I began to get dizzy - sweaty and began to vomit without stopping! Had to be driven home - did not make the event (thank you to all those who filled in for me).

As I laid in bed still reeling from the experience - I chastised myself for abusing this tool that had given me my life back. I promised I will once again plan my meals better, eat slower, keep myself in check at all times.

I embrace the sleeve and all it as allowed me to do in the past year. I am sorry sleeve I will not abuse you again.

Has anything like that happened to you before?

Have you thrown up at any other time since your surgery?

I am almost 8 months out and this still happens to me on occasion, but without the getting dizzy - just the intense feeling of having to vomit. Sometimes even one or two bites too many, especially if I have eaten fast can send me running to the bathroom.

I guess old habits die hard. Thanks for the reminder as we head into Thanksgiving, we need to go slow and carefully to not overwhelm our little sleeves!

Anything fried.. With the except of a few and I mean a very few chips , potato, corn ect. Cause me to do this.. So I don't eat fried foods ...

I have only vomitted a couple times since surgery........ I know my body well enough to know what caused this

I'm 8 weeks out and have not vomited yet, nor do I think I've been close to it. One time I ate 1/4th of a creme brulee and felt extremely sick from so much sugar and fat. Last weekend I ate a nickle sized piece of the crust from some fish and chips batter and think that is why I didn't feel that great after.

I'm just wondering if I can expect this type of episode to possibly happen in the future. That's what I was wondering about when I asked if it had happened before. I really hate vomiting!

I totally agree..this sleeve will let you know how to treat it. Even one extra little bite will send you running.

I was graduated to Stage 2 Diet today, and we went to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast after. I figured I could have a couple eggs and a bite or 2 of oatmeal and yogurt.....NOPE! I ate 1 1/2 eggs, started mixing a spoonful of the oatmeal with milk, and had to push it away. The eggs had settled into my sleeve and NOTHING else was going to be welcome. I could tell it wasn't happy with what I had given it, so I stayed on the safe side and brought the oatmeal and yogurt home. Got a bit nausious, but mostly, just had that over-full, uncomfortable feeling. Next time I'll just fine the ONE thing on the menu I want and eat what I'm comfortable with. The restaurant will be there for a next time. :)

Man did I have an episode a few days ago....Ate a cup of soft cooked cauliflower and spent the next 10 hours vomiting and sure I was going to die. I am 5 weeks out and really have to be careful about eating too much and too fast. Boy I hope this never happens again, it freaked me out.

I was graduated to Stage 2 Diet today, and we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast after. I figured I could have a couple eggs and a bite or 2 of oatmeal and yogurt.....NOPE! I ate 1 1/2 eggs, started mixing a spoonful of the oatmeal with milk, and had to push it away. :)

Wow, surprised if you are just at that point that you could get 1 1/2 eggs down. I dont think I can get 2 full eggs down yet at 4 months out. Granted, I dont eat a lot of really solid food so anytime I am eating more than a well chewed Protein Bar, yogurt, or string cheese, I get full fast! Not that you are required ot eat how I do, it is just my choice to not eat a lot of solids.... Helps me get in my 1000-1200 calories a day.

But, I know that feeling you had, I have that whenever I eat anything solid so I need to really pay attention and eat slow. It is no fun but it is a learning process to adust to your new eating habits, a process and habit I will gladly get used to!

I have only vomitted a couple times since surgery........ I know my body well enough to know what caused this

I am sure you do at 11 months out!

Quite frankly I am surprised you didn't experience this sooner in the post-op stage, most of us have. Too much too fast and you end up with the symptoms you describe. Where I differed is that once I puked - typically ONCE and very little, very fast - I was alright and didn't KEEP upchucking.

Either you're a little more sensitive than most or the very real possibility that you got a hold of something "bad" from the fast food place.

If you're OK now then just chalk it up to experience and be more careful next time.

Quite frankly I am surprised you didn't experience this sooner in the post-op stage' date=' most of us have. Too much too fast and you end up with the symptoms you describe. Where I differed is that once I puked - typically ONCE and very little, very fast - I was alright and didn't KEEP upchucking.

Either you're a little more sensitive than most or the very real possibility that you got a hold of something "bad" from the fast food place.

If you're OK now then just chalk it up to experience and be more careful next time.[/quote']

You are very lucky! I ooze. I know gross, but up chucking is a thing of the past I think for me..vomiting involves choking and oozing!

My NUT told me that the single most often distress call she and the surgeon get is for eggs...Who knew?

Everyone assumes because eggs are soft that you can eat alot and fast. I can only eat one egg, slowly and am full at 11.5 weeks, be careful OP.