Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ya'll...from TX of course!

I have wanted the lap band surgery for the last two years, but my insurance company didn't cover WLS. In September my company changed insurance companies and they approved me today!! Wooooo Hooooo!!! I'm estatic :clap2: I'm looking to get the surgery in December. I need to lose around 160lbs.

I've enjoyed looking at this board. Look's like a lot of support and information going on.

I'm looking forward to meeting ya'll :nervous

Barb

:) I am new to this site this is my first post I am having my surgery on Monday the 23rd of this month.

The last time I every had surgery was in the third grade and I am in my 60"s now. I was thinking about the lap band for a few years

I can't wait to get started on my new life I know down the road I will lhave many questions to ask.

I hope I am posting right as I am new to this and never posted before

Welcome all you Texans. Hope all of your journeys will be happy ones. I love my band, even when I have a few problems. It's definitely a tool and not the entire answer. You have to work with it.

Good luck and welcome.

Another girl in Texas saying "howdy". Glad to have you on the boards. They are a great resource for support and information. Make sure you check out the journals too, they're my favorite part.

or if anybody has a doctors names and numbers in dallas let me know please

My doc. was Dr. Jayaseelan with the Surgery Center of Richardson. Here're some links to check out:

www.texaslapbandcenter.com

www.aigb.com

Hi everyone! Good luck on your surg. two mon. after I can to this I had my surg. done. Barbara, Telly, Funny, just to name a few ppl. that have lost so much weight. I am doing well, and I thank everyone one the lapbandtalk family .

Welcome new Texans! All the best on this new journey. When things get a little tough, I remember to be thankful for the opportunity to get healthy. I have a whole new set of goals thanks to the band. Please share your experiences with us. We all learn when you do.

Welcome Texans! I am Calanne from Pearland. I was banded by Dr. Spiegel in Houston on May 11, 2006. I have lost 26 lbs and a bunch of inches! Good luck to all of you! I love my band! If I can help any of you, pleasde let me know!

Calanne/mayamom

Hi! Anyone from the Austin area? I would love to have a buddy for support and some walks around the lake... :-)

Hi everyone! I am a Texan too! Born and raised here!

AngelaT~ I live in Austin!!!! I would love to meet up with you after I have my surgery (tomorrow) and walk!

event.png

Hi Moon Goddess! Congratulations! WHere are you having your surgery? I just left Austin for several weeks....I am in San Francisco working, then Nov 5 I go to Mexico for my band, then back to L.A to recover a week with family, then back to SF to work and then back to Austin Dec. 2!!!!!!! Please keep me posted and we can meet in November and maybe even plan some exercise :-) What aprt of town are in? I am at 360/2222

It will be fun! Good luck tomorrow...awesome!