Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 5Th Surgeries!

I'm a Nov. 5 surgery gal too. I'm now in the process of experimenting with solid foods. The experiments have been interesting to say the least. Some foods agree with me & some do not.

As of this morning, I'm 19lbs down, and most of the loss was in the first 2 weeks. It seems like this week has been slow in loss, but I'm not letting it frustrate me. It's hard not to weigh everyday or compare ourselves to other sleeve patients.... We all lose weight differently. My reasoning for not losing much weight this past week is that my body is confused & wants to hang on to my fat. I know it won't last, especially if I keep doing what I'm supposed to do. I am having a difficult time getting all my Protein & liquids in everyday... But I get better everyday.

I live this forum and able to share @ get suggestions from others who are on this journey.

I am a Nov 5th as well and at my post op appt on the 19th (2 weeks from surgery) I was down 22 but since then I haven't lost ANYTHING. Beginning "mushy" phase tomorrow and hope that gets me moving again. Good luck to all of you!

I am a November 7th sleever -- I also feel a little frustrated with the weight loss. I am currently on mushy foods and will progress to stage 4 on wednesday. I will get to have ground chicken or turkey added to my diet. I know that I am down almost 15 pounds since my pre-op diet but lately I feel like nothing is coming off. I am trying very hard to get my 50 oz. of Water in but it is difficult and I know I am not getting enough Protein. I just feel frustrated!!

I'm Nov 5th also I have lost 26 pounds but since 5 days I have not lost a pound and even gained 1 pound i'm hoping my body figures things out soon because I don't want to get frustrated.

I'm having trouble with liquids and Protein shakes I try to have my 3 puree/soft foods a day and drink as much as I can but the Proteins are so heavy is so hard to get them down I prefer diet juices and my favorite plain old Water. My 2nd check-up is on the 29th.

PS: Is anyone feeling really thristy when they wake up and lightheaded before there Vitamins???

I had a gynecology appointment today and was so excited to get weighed ....I'm down 20lbs! Woohoo! I'm trying to stick to 600 calories a day( some days a Lil more or a Lil less) with Protein Shakes included....and Water

I had a gynecology appointment today and was so excited to get weighed ....I'm down 20lbs! Woohoo! I'm trying to stick to 600 calories a day( some days a Lil more or a Lil less) with Protein Shakes included....and water

Well chuffed for you Ebony. I don't get weighed again til Friday so fingers crossed I'm doing as well as you. :0)

Well chuffed for you Ebony. I don't get weighed again til Friday so fingers crossed I'm doing as well as you. :0)

LoRRaine I'm sure u are doing well.... make sure u let us know on Friday how good you have done :-)

I'm Nov 5th also I have lost 26 pounds but since 5 days I have not lost a pound and even gained 1 pound i'm hoping my body figures things out soon because I don't want to get frustrated.

I'm having trouble with liquids and Protein Shakes I try to have my 3 puree/soft foods a day and drink as much as I can but the Proteins are so heavy is so hard to get them down I prefer diet juices and my favorite plain old Water. My 2nd check-up is on the 29th.

PS: Is anyone feeling really thristy when they wake up and lightheaded before there Vitamins? ??

I do feel very in the a.m. and I feel extremely dizzy when I bend over...26 lbs is great....I think once you kick up your Protein it will start dropping again....eat try to eat foods high in protein...tuna salmon sardines boiled eggs etc...maybe that will help

Finally my stall broke and I was down a pound and a half more today. It only took 5 days! Geez!

Lucky you Terry I gained another pound but I think is because my TOM is coming and I'm retaining fluids.