Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recipes for Slow Cooker

Slow Simmered Curried chicken

1 1/2 cups chopped onions

1 medium green bell pepper, chopped

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces

1 cup medium salsa

2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1 teaspoon suger

1 teaspoons curry powder

3/4 teaspoons salt

1. Place onion and bell pepper in the Slow Cooker, top with chicken. Combine salsa, ginger, garlic powdeer and pepper flakes in small bowl: spoon over chicken

2. Cover: cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until chicken is tender.

3. Combine cilantro, sugar, curry powdeer and salt in bowl: stir into slow cooker on HIGH for 15 minutes. Serve with rice.

SCALLOPED POTATOES & HAM

6 large russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds

1 ham steak (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into cubes

1 can condensed cream of mushroom Soup

1 soup can of Water

4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese

seasoning to taste

1. Grease the inside of the slow cooker with butter or nonstick spray. Layer potatoes and ham.

2. In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, water, cheese and seasoning;pour over potatoes and ham.

3. Cover;cook on HIGH for about 3 1/2 hours until potatoes are fork tender. TURN SLOW COOKER TO LOW and continue cooking for about 1 more hour until done.

SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND RICE

3 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup.

2 cups uncooked instant rice.

1 cup water

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders.

1/2 teaspoon salt.

1/2 teaspoon black pepper.

1/4 teaspoon paprika.

1/2 cup diced celery.

Combine soup, rice and water in slow cooker. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Sprinkle celery over chicken. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.

IRISH STEW

2 pounds of lean lamb stew meat.< /p>

6 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.

3 medium onions, sliced.

1 teaspoon salt.

1/4 teaspoon pepper.

1 teaspoon dried tyme leaves.

1 can ready-toserve beef broth.< /p>

Chopped parsley if desired.

1. Layer half each of the lamb, potatoes and onions in sloww cooker. Sprinkle with half each of the salt, pepper and thyme. Repeat layers and sprinkle with remaining seasonings. Pour broth over top.

2. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 8 to 10 hours, or HIGH heat setting 3 to 5 hours, or until lamb and vegetables are tender.

3. Skim fat from stew (if desired). Sprinkle parsley over stew.

If you like green peas in your stew. Thaw a cup of frozen peas, stir them into the stew after you skim of the fat, for 10 minutes.

BEEF and POTATOES with ROSEMARY

1 pound of medium red potatoes, cut into fourths.

1 cup of baby-cut carrots.

3 pound beef boneless chuck roast.

3 tablespoons Dijon mustard.

2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tyme leaves

1 teaspoon salt.

1/2 teaspoon pepper.

1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)

1 1/2 cups beek broth

1. Arrange potatoes and carrots in slow cooker.

2. Trim excess fat from beef. mix mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper; spreas evenly over beef. Place beef in cooker. Sprinkle onion over beef. Pour broth evenly over beef and vegetables.

3. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender

NOTE TO CONVERT POUNDS TO METRIC

1 POUND = 455 GRAMS

Oh Maria, I love you! :hug: Thank you! This is SO weird, cause I was JUST lying in bed, unable to sleep, thinking of what I could throw in the slow cooker tomorrow for dinner tomorrow night!! Creepy!

I don't have alot of the stuff to make pretty much anything in your recipes (but I'll be getting that stuff!), so I was thinking of taking a couple chicken breasts, some canned mushrooms, cream of mushroom Soup, (Water?) and throwing that in for the day. Then making some noodles or something when I get home to go along with it (even though I know *I* won't eat the noodles, probably)... think that would be ok? Or gross/boring?

I have a couple questions though. Is it bad to put frozen meat in the slow cooker? Cause my chicken breasts are frozen (if I weren't so lazy, i'd go take them out right now).

Also, my slow cooker is weird. It says that if you're actually cooking stuff for 7-8 hours, to turn it on high for that time. And that only to use 'low' to warm things up. My stew that I cooked on the weekend, I did on high for 7-8 hours, and it turned out really good. Should I listen to the instructions, and do that again, or cook my stuff on low? I'm actually going to be away for almost 10 hours tomorrow. Would that be pushing it?

(I think if I get hooked on this slowcooking stuff, I will go out and get an actual REAL CrockPot, so I can actually follow all the recipes I find! You don't even want to know how much I paid for the one I just got!)

Mandi my slow cooker is a Rival, so the recipes i sent are from the Rival recipe books that i have, and two are from a Betty Crocker recipe book.

I turn mine on in the morning when i leave for work on the low setting, i am gone for about 10 hours as well, and so far i have had no problems.

I am not sure about yours, what you are thinking of making sounds okay to me. but maybe you should take the chicken out of the freezer tonight.

Maria:)

chicken wondermere

2 cans golden mushroom Soup

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup mayonaise

4 boneless chicken breast cubed

1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl pour into slowcooker

cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low

serve over rice or egg noodles

this is my family's favorite. I made it tonight for dinner

Also

Marie Calendars makes some great New slow cooker meals . I found them in the freezer section of my grocery store. I bought the chicken and noodles, and the beef and vegetables and the pork with red potatoes. They are all delicious

I love this time of year..my slow cooker is my best friend.

Is it bad to put frozen meat in the slow cooker? Cause my chicken breasts are frozen

No, I do it all the time as a matter of fact the Marie Calendar meals all have the frozen meats in them and they are all uncooked

I take a lean beef roast and add a packet of low sodium Soup mix and several cups of Water and cook on 200 (low) for 6 or 7 hours. I have a Nesco, not a traditional crockpot. The last 2 hours I add very small potato pieces and a med onion cut into large chunks. When the roast is done, I remove the meat and potatos and pour the left over broth into a sauce pan and add a packet of powdered gravy mix to thicken it slightly. The roast is always tender and juicy and the gravy is to die for. The next day I chop up the left over roast, add that and the gravy to a soup pot along with 2 cups of water. I add a can of corn, green Beans and a can of potatos. Heat until, everything is bubbly and hot. This makes 2 great meals, roast and beef stew. There is never anything left for a 3rd night. My family loves when I make this combo of meals. ~Mandy

Maria, I did do the chicken! I took the chicken out last night like you said... even though it was partially frozen when I put it in. Cooked it on low for like... 11 hours! It was cooked really well. So low is definitely do-able. It wasn't exactly good... pretty boring. But at least I found out that it does cook ok on low.

I have some stuff for beef stroganoff, so I'm gonna cook that in the slow cooker tomorrow! Woooo!

Yummm... Sounds good. Last time I used a slow cooker there was a crisis and an $800.00 vet bill. I put a roast in the cooker in the am before work and recvd a call from the neighbour (she'd check on them at noon since I worked an hour away)saying that there was blood all over the floors and walls and that the dogs had got into a huge fight over the roast. What a dumb thing to have done! The dogs always swipe things off the counters, what made me think that a roast in a pot would be safe. Brain fart I guess. The lid and crook were in pieces, roast juice was all over the walls, ceiling and the dogs. Took one of the dogs to the vet to get his front paws and neck stitched up and returned home to clean up the mess. When I went to pick up Trenton (the one that got the short end of the stick) the Doctors and Animal Techs all said the clinic smelled of delicious roast that day. "Pass the mashed potatoes!"

I'm not sure how the roast tasted but it sure smelled delicious.

Cooker Pot Roast. 3 cups h2o, 3 packages of Hidden Valley dip seasoning and a roast. Cook on high for 8 hours. Tastes best when served from a plate rather than a ceiling. :)

Holy moly! What kind of dogs do you have?! I wouldn't have thought about dogs getting to it either!

But yeah, that sounds good. Is that a Hidden Valley ranch dip package?

Ya, that dry powder stuff. Your basic nutritional nightmare. Let me know how it tastes if you try it. :hungry:

Okay, I'm so influenced. I had to go out and buy a new slow-cooker!! Gonna try some of these recipes, they sound good. But I got to tell ya, when I read Mookie's title 'fit for a dog', I got a little scared, I was only looking for beef recipes......lol........then I read the rest!!

Great recipes and I love my crock pot too especially in the winter months. I'll have to go through my recipes and jot them down for you :D. Thanks for the thread!

Since I totally believe that the devil made cooking to punish me, I am ALL ABOUT the crock pot!! lol....I am going to try one of these today!

Thanks!:clap2: