Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tracking obsessively?

Help!

although my doctor said 'take it easy' with the weighing, I find myself weighing myself once, twice a day! I think I've lost 14 pounds, and then it's really 13.5. I'm a real 'numbers' person and this drives me nuts! Should I toss the scale out, or is it important to have it, and I just need to have some control?

I was banded 10/6 and I'm trying to accept the learning process.

I love the cute little tickers in the signature, but I'm afraid it'll make me crazy to do that too!

Thanks!

- m

Hey Doobie,

if you eat right than toss the scale:-) Im quite obsessed as well but I weight myself only mornings, theres no point of weighting yourself during the day cause you drink and eat and thats why you weight more. I think weighting every morning is too much as well but I cant help it:-) Sometimes when the scale shows more I dont weight for two or three days and if I eat well and excercise then definitely in three days I see the difference on scales.:-) good luck

I literally threw my scale out the window!

Numbers can put me in a very bad mood. It is so not worth it to me.

I weigh once a week at curves. I usually skip TOM week though

I think once a day, at the same time, is the most we should weigh.

I've always heard to not weigh daily, but I do better when I do. And I read a study the other day that shows people who do weigh daily, and use the information to adjust their behavior, do the best. I think the key is knowing that weight will flucuate daily and looking more for a trend. If I only weigh once a week, I tend to eat more early on, then cut back a few days before my weigh-in, not a good pattern.

Like so much, it's personal, I don't think there is a "right" answer for us all. I think it depends on how much the daily flucations get to you.

It's easy to be obsessed by the scale. However, if you must weigh-in do it at a max. of (1) time per day. Do it under the same conditions (same time of day, empy bladder, no shoes, etc). Weight fluctuates daily, so don't be too hard on yourself. Of course, find what will work for you.

Shawn

you. I dont know if this will be good for an obsessive person or not lol. Im exactly the same and a bit of a control freak too. Check out the link bodybugg.com.. I could go and on about it but the website says it all. Just a little , I just got it today and its device you wear on your arm and it track calories burned for the day and it has an interactive program that you log your food intake for the day. Its sooo much fun. Basically there is no guessing as to what you will lose for the week. Its all right there on your personal screen. Its so cool. Check it out and tell me what you think.

I am a scale-addict as well. I weight about one- three times a day. It can put me in a bad mood. I know when NOT to weigh and sometimes i do anyway. (like after I eat a bigmeal, drink a buncha Water, or if I KNOW I am bloated).. then i getpissed and eat junk.

However, it does seem to keep me in check at times. I see that If i have lost a pound I want to do ANYTHING to lose another, and another. its a win/lose.