Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New from Kansas City

I've been feeling like a stalker in your lives....figured it was time to introduce myself, say Hi and Thanks for letting me lurk!!

My name is Lisa, I'm a 38 year old, SAHM/farmer. I live south of Kansas City, one husband, 3 boys (an 11 year old and 7 year old twins). Started researching the band in June with high expectations of getting it done during the summer. Of course that didn't happen with insurance but all the doctor appts, psych eval and dietician appts. are over and waiting on approval from insurance copany. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow and I truly beleive it is the longest 3 weeks of my life! Every time the phone rings I run! Thanks for listening to me, wish me luck and thanks again for letting me eavesdrop the past few months!

Hi, Lisa. Welcome, and I'm glad you're starting to post. We'll all get to know you now.

So you're on the home stretch. What is your exact surgery date?

Hello Lisa,

I am also fairly new to this site, but I have made a few posts. I did not start in this thread, but I believe there was a subject thread I clicked on from google I visited first. Welcome! I do not even have an appointment with a surgeon yet, but I am researching docs in the Dallas, TX area. Has anyone beeen banded by Dr. Hamn or Dr. Cribbins? Please let me know if you have.

Hi Lisa! Great to have you. I lurk most of the time anyway, but am thrilled to be banded. I'm in Kansas City also. What doc are you using? Katt

Hi! Welcome & Congratulations on your surgery date. I am in Kansas City too. My surgery date is coming up 10/31 - happy halloween, Dr. kaweneski, Lenexa, KS. Nice to meet you and look forward to your updates!

I'm still waiting for insurance approval.....more of that story under the insurance section!! Dr. Malley is who I'm going through. Any good or bad news to report on him? I know of a couple people who have used him and one who used, I beleive it was Dr. Lopez!?!?! I love this forum and am totally addicted to it!! My son will walk by and say, " Oh, Lap band stuff again!!" That's o.k. the more informed you are the better it should go!

Hi 5jacks, are you on the MO or KS side of KC? I'm in KCMO, about 15 minutes east of KCI. There is a good-sized group of us on here, ranging both states and in all directions.

I've not used Dr. Malley but I've heard of him. He's the one who runs all the commercials, I believe. I've heard of Dr. Lopez but not great things.

Wheetsin,

I actually live in Archie about 50 miles south of K.C. Mo. Is there a section in here for people around K.C. only? Also, I just noticed your beginning and now totals....impressive! I have weighed over 280 for the last 10 years(currently at 325). I'm about 5' 11" so can carry a little extra weight but not this much!!! Looking forward to hearing more from K.C. area people!

There are local areas for Kansas and Missouri on the board, but not for specific cities. Though coty groups are welcome to form under the state areas. There's a group of us across KS & MO who have sort of "come together" by virtue of having used the same surgeon. We met in the surgeon's support group, but use this board as our main way of communicating, and have tapered off with the support group in favor of our own local gatherings. Stop by and say hi. Here's a link to our little "home away from home". We just met in OP for dinner, and will probably do something else in the near future.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=316760#post316760

I'm about 5'11 too, and am a LONG way from what I can "get away with"!! :)

Im Also Going To Be Living In Missouri Dec 1st Im Being Banded Nov 23 In Mexico Trying To Figure Out How To Post On Here Its My First Day,,,have A Great On Trac