Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Luck Green!

:) Congrats on the weight loss, I was waiting to hear how it went. That is a great weight loss! I can't wait until I get banded !

Keep up the good work !

Yasmina :clap2:

Green: Is this a different clinic than Dr. Coburn's? (I'm not from T.O.) Wish they had booked my fills that way. I'm going to phone next week & tell Rose that I'm ready for another fill! ( in the back of my mind I keep wondering if this is going to work for me. U said U lost 13lbs. I have not lost 1lb.) since I started all this, & that includes four days in hospital having the band put on! ( I can't do anything the regular way!)

Hi Kattiegirl, I think that green went to TLBC. it's a different clinic. When were you banded? Do you have any restriction yet?

I was banded Sept. 12. had my first fill yesterday. but like I said I am starting to have alot of doubts. At the moment I can eat just as normal as I did before & it doesn"t seem right Has anyone else gone thru this?

Kattiegirl i had my first fill last thursday, that night and the next day i felt nothing!But.....after that restriction set in and i had the worst pb eva!!! i can only manage about half of what i could before. I think that you havent reached proper restriction yet. do you know your band size? how many cc's have they put in so far? are you using fitday?

Hi guys,

I went for my first fill today at the TLBC (afternoon). I desperately needed a fill and my original appt had been rescheduled to today. Kathy put in 5 cc but it was a horrible drowning feeling after the first sip of Water. After trying to gurgle up what I swallowed I had her remove 1 cc. I could BREATHE! And the Water is going down well. I had tea on the long drive home and that small tea more than filled me up. I'm was dissappointed with the scale but the inches are showing. Maybe now with the first fill I will have more success. Kathy has booked my next appts -31 Oct was full so I had to take 2 Nov :0( I didn't even feel the needle the first time but I felt it for the de-fill. I'm such a baby though.

Here's to Soup. Have a great week.

Roxanne

Green: Is this a different clinic than Dr. Coburn's? (I'm not from T.O.) Wish they had booked my fills that way. I'm going to phone next week & tell Rose that I'm ready for another fill! ( in the back of my mind I keep wondering if this is going to work for me. U said U lost 13lbs. I have not lost 1lb.) since I started all this, & that includes four days in hospital having the band put on! ( I can't do anything the regular way!)

Yep, there are two different clinics. I am not with Dr. Coburn (who sounds like a honey, by the way). I am with the Toronto Lap Band Clinic and they are situated at St. George and Bloor St. which is in the center of Toronto. This works out well for me because I live in the city and I don't drive. I never learned how to drive!!!

Dr. Coburn's practice sounds very sensitive to the needs of their patients. Just phone to book your fill and don't worry, be happy.:biggrin1:

Let us know how your fill goes. Now that I had my first one I am even more interested in the process, ya know.

Neenagh I'm not sure of the size, on the card it says ref: B 20250 & SN 12128002 max fill volume is 10 cc. I forget how many Dr. C. put in yesterday, I just remember asking for more & him saying NO! And I have no idea what fitday is, but if will help I am more than willing to try anything! kattiegirl

Neenagh I'm not sure of the size, on the card it says ref: B 20250 & SN 12128002 max fill volume is 10 cc. I forget how many Dr. C. put in yesterday, I just remember asking for more & him saying NO! And I have no idea what fitday is, but if will help I am more than willing to try anything! kattiegirl

As you can also tell I am very new to this computer stuff also ! So if something should appear more than once, ( like the above !) It is that I am still getting the hang of things . kattiegirl

Kattiegirl...don't worry 'bout it and don't get discouraged. It WILL work. Patience is key. Even if u have a fill, you may not have the right amount of restriction and it may take a few fills to hit that "sweet spot"....so till then, just keep pluggin' away!