Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Anecdotes Book

Ya know I just had an idea. Would love feedback on this from you guys.

We keep telling our experiences with PBing, doctors, trips, etc. that are funny or at least entertaining. Why not put those into a book. Wouldn't that be a hoot? The proceeds could go into a fund for people that can't afford to pay for the LAP BAND.

Thoughts?

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

Penni, you have the best ideas!! Are you volunteering to be in charge??? :(

It really is a very good idea... At least newbies would have an idea of stuff that "could" happen.. We found out the hard way..

Let me know , I will send you stories..

What a wonderful idea. Maybe you could set up a email and people can send theirs stories.

I really think this could take off and really make a difference in someones life who could not afford their band.

Wonderful, wonderful idea !

Here is my personal email. Penni60@aol.com

Send the stories and I will get them in a story format. Please include your name, date of banded, where banded, starting weight, current weight or loss, include surgeon if you want, and anything else you want to add.

When it is published (and it will be even if we have to do it ourselves) we will not include anything but initials or first names. I need the names for my records to keep straight who submitted what.

The more stories the better. Don't necessarily have to all be funny but that helps.

This is gonna be fun.

What happened to all the story tellers out there? Send me some stuff.

NO problem just wanted to remind everyone.

I'll get stuff sent too. Teresa

That protrusion looks terrible. I don't remember seeing that on the pictures you sent us with the big red irritated ring awhile ago.

That protrusion looks terrible. I don't remember seeing that on the pictures you sent us with the big red irritated ring awhile ago.

That is because with all the swelling from the redness it was in hiding. Then when the swelling went down it reared it's ugly head again.

It is a tempermental protrusion thingy. UP DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN. If not for being in my abdomen it might be sexual with all this UP DOWN stuff.

Maybe you should try to treat it like a hernia and tape it down flat with something. I am not sure how expert that sounded. LOL I am glad you are going in for a second opinion. That definitely doesn't look right but hopefully its nothing too serious either. Too bad Pam is sick. I definitely think she needs encouragement. I was thrilled when I heard you guys were initially getting together. Does she seem any more inspired? Best of luck to you, Teresa

I have received ONE story so far. Where are all the stories????

I don't remember everything you wanted to put in book. But I would think a lot of these posts would be stories in them selves. MY last post on my daughters wreck and how I am reacting to gaining etc. could be used. I thought of a million things when you mentioned it, and now I am not sure what to send. Remind me of what you said...like what kind of stuff you are looking for. I am sure we could all use a reminder. Like you want, funny obviously, and serious stuff about how we feel and have felt. What else?