Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Teavana

Ok..so I was in Nashville with the hubby for him....found out he has hyperthyroidism..he has always been able to eat anything and be thin..well now we know why! I always thought he was the lucky one...and now I feel some guilty about that..anyway....I found Teavana a specialty tea store. I tried the Youthberry and fell in love....so I would recommend trying it out if you have one in your area...it's a delicious way to get your fluids in! Expensive ..but for me worth it!

I got the Youthberry orange blossom tea...delicious..and I did add a little honey but you could try stevia or agave nectar as well.

Sounds like a plan but adding also a start to doing tea and adding not only flavor to cafiene, even non-caf stuff and bit of health.

i might see that I like this soon and trust the youthberry orange blossom as well, why not.

Thanks

Hey there again Piplula , hope you see this,

I am excited to say I am getting an order I made direct from the Teavana site on Monday, includes a teacup+enfuser. I have some black tea blends now, wow, it's all good, I have no need for coffee at all since more than a few days back. I got some herbal for post op in this shipment too, a few 2x 2oz. diet teas and a couple more. I figured to buy in 2oz. bags to keep it fresh and use it like that with no canisters around but what the hay, I may go much further with this post op and back into cafiene.

Thanks, this was a huge jump start for me to get the tea and its great now doing it.

http://www.teavana.c...ite-infuser-mug

http://www.teavana.c...illa-herbal-tea

Hey there again Piplula ' date=' hope you see this,

I am excited to say I am getting an order I made direct from the Teavana site on Monday, includes a teacup+enfuser. I have some black tea blends now, wow, it's all good, I have no need for coffee at all since more than a few days back. I got some herbal for post op in this shipment too, a few 2x 2oz. diet teas and a couple more. I figured to buy in 2oz. bags to keep it fresh and use it like that with no canisters around but what the hay, I may go much further with this post op and back into cafiene.

Thanks, this was a huge jump start for me to get the tea and its great now doing it.

http://www.teavana.c...ite-infuser-mug

http://www.teavana.c...illa-herbal-tea

I am so glad you are enjoying your tea! I have been enjoying mine very much! I find tea is easier on my sleeve than coffee, although I do partake in Joe Muggs as often as I can....sugar free of course! I am heading back to Nashville this week and will be dropping by Teavana again...I will check out your recommendations! I hope you are well! Take care! Let me know if you get more flavors..I will try them!

Hey again, I am following your leads on this, I went more for basic and for quantity first time around. I don't know that this is a great herbal or not, I want the youthberry orange though with out being able to say just yet, that's next time I shop on line and purchase there. I let you know when I tried all the stuff,but basically Honeybush is just another kind of tea, this one should be good as I did like my sample from Teavana fine and expect that it is, just saying that you'll know better than I having that store there and I bet they have taste samples on site, ooooh, thats sounds good little bit of a thing to do.

Thanks, I'll keep watching this post for any update.

I am also a Teavana drinker. My absolute favorite is the Golden Monkey... well it was before my sleeve surgery. I'm not normally a fan of herbal teas but I did get a few to try. My question is when you drink any of your teas do you use sweetener? I use to use the rock sugar. Now i have issues with the sugar subs they leave an off taste. Do you have any suggestions? They'd be greatly appreciated!

klperry, I don't ever use sugar, quit a long time ago with that. I am using organic agave Syrup and milk, agave I bought but it costs, you can get a lesser priced agave syrup at the market.

Heres a catch though, I also have been using just Equal and add lemon juice and this is how I plan to drink it post surgery with herbal teas. I have only some black tea blends I had gotten and add to a banana creme black tea the agave but I have also a couple others and one is lemon flavored and I add a touch more lemon juice and equal. I like it fine both ways, the agave is nicer but costs in calories (not like sugar would even more) equal would not have any calories.

I am sorry but the sugar you use I don't have a craving to use it and am quite used to these things instead, I fear you might feel its real plain to have it with equal and lemon juice but thats what I'd bet is best for you now.

Tea is on !

I bought four kinds, Slim and Slender, My morning Mate, Spiced Manderin Oolong, Honeybush vanilla. I have also a sample of Maharaja Samuri Chia. Got a one use rock suger too, I never will use it though.

The " Slim and Slender " diet tea needs to be drank in the long term for effect, I have 2 weeks for this that is if it lasts. it is suposed to inhibit the cells from taking on fat while being a metaboliser and apetite surpressant all from this mix. Started with this one to see whats the taste about, it smells real greeny and herby, it has a bunch ingredients giving it that scent and 2 teas mixed, Mate Green and pu-erh black tea, the scent from nettles.

So, that being said,

it tastes different, kind of as it smelled, like a more than just mild taste of a cristmas tree in a cup, lol. May be efective, can't really just now say. Yea, I can drink it daily once a day or something with out being disgusted, I don't expect that its a good tea to get out of bed with at all. It may just be that its purpose in whole is just for a die hard dieter. I added agave and ff milk to it.

I'll write again on the others but will be slow to get to any, starting with the My Morning Mate along with a daily of this up until nearly probably my surgery next month.I'll let you know that if I think it helped me stay down in the pounds as i am suposed to diet now. gees, I feel like tea critic here.

thank you Pipula for the insight on teavana. there is one in my area and I will make a point to go and check it out. I am a big tea drinker so I am sure I will enjoy the experience!!

Tea is on !

I bought four kinds' date=' Slim and Slender, My morning Mate, Spiced Manderin Oolong, Honeybush vanilla. I have also a sample of Maharaja Samuri Chia. Got a one use rock suger too, I never will use it though.

The " Slim and Slender " diet tea needs to be drank in the long term for effect, I have 2 weeks for this that is if it lasts. it is suposed to inhibit the cells from taking on fat while being a metaboliser and apetite surpressant all from this mix. Started with this one to see whats the taste about, it smells real greeny and herby, it has a bunch ingredients giving it that scent and 2 teas mixed, Mate Green and pu-erh black tea, the scent from nettles.

So, that being said,

it tastes different, kind of as it smelled, like a more than just mild taste of a cristmas tree in a cup, lol. May be efective, can't really just now say. Yea, I can drink it daily once a day or something with out being disgusted, I don't expect that its a good tea to get out of bed with at all. It may just be that its purpose in whole is just for a die hard dieter. I added agave and ff milk to it.

I'll write again on the others but will be slow to get to any, starting with the My Morning Mate along with a daily of this up until nearly probably my surgery next month.I'll let you know that if I think it helped me stay down in the pounds as i am suposed to diet now. gees, I feel like tea critic here.[/quote']

I gotta go with Youth berry and orange blossom...it's like drinking a smooth cup of fall..can't go wrong wi cranberry and orange! Although I am going back to Nashville Thursday...so I think I will drop in and see what else they have...not so big on the Chai...and whatever you do do nit buy white chai...it's awful!

thank you Pipula for the insight on teavana. there is one in my area and I will make a point to go and check it out. I am a big tea drinker so I am sure I will enjoy the experience!!

You are very welcome! I enjoyed it more than I thought I would! I hope you do too!

Thanks for reminding me of my real love. Teavana. Will have to stop and get some tomorrow as a treat. Now I have some new flavors to try. Ahhh.