Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foods you live to regret

I ate a taco last night for dinner, it all went down fine and I had no problem in the middle of the night. It was really good while it lasted it had salsa and guacumole and sour cream and Beans. Ok maybe I went a bit over board. But it was yummy. Anyway I Had no issues digesting it threw my small section of my stomch or whatever.

BUT In the morning OMG my intestines felt like they went threw the ringer. The gas that must have been bult up in there and even still UGG. It actually kinda was so sensative I compare it to maybe drinking bleach. I just feel torn up. Hopefully I will be able to go to the bathroom soon or whatever LOL and maybe that wil help my twisted confused bowels feel better. I guess there are foods your stomach can handle but maybe your intestines just arent used to any longer.

I'm a little sensitive to dairy since banding. I feel nauseous if I drink full cream milk - which I havent drunk on a regular basis since I was a child, apart from if I buy a coffee when I'm out. Nine times out of ten I would request skim milk in my latte or cappucino anyway, but if I dont, look out. In fact even skim milk in coffee upsets my stomach a bit now.

I'm also having terrible trouble with major bowel cramps (as painful as labour, honestly) the day before I get my period. Its absolutely awful, it comes on suddenly, and I'm stuck on the toilet with the cold sweats for about 3 hours, and then it passes, and next day my period arrives. My doc reckons that's a hormonal thing, that all the estrogen stored in fat can cause problems.

The only time I had food regrets such as you're describing, Gummie, was when my gall bladder was acting up. Now, thanks to the miracles of surgical removal I don't have that anymore. I don't have those "emergency" trips to the bathroom either, thanks to my band because I simply don't eat all that deep fried, high fat crap. I indulge in a french fry once in a while, but nothing like before and no adverse effects as long as I keep it to a few instead of a biggie size.

Good luck learning what you can and cannot eat. I HAVE heard of the lactose intolerances post banding. I, fortunately do not have it. Ice cream has been a life saver for me in those times when I wasn't feeling so great, too tight or just needed a pick me up.

Rice is my big no no food. If I eat rice in any form, plain, with sauce, anyway, I regret it. I will pay with severe pain for at least an hour, sometimes a few hours. I cannot drink, eat or anything after eating rice, it's horrible!

As ddiedre mentioned it may be your gall bladder. I was banded August 8th and had to have my gall bladder out October 9th.

You may want to go see your PCP and have your liver enzymes checked. Trust me you don't want to wait until you have a full blown attack. That is the worst pain imaginable - I'd rather go thru childbirth again!!!

I had Hormel beef tips and noodles with the family. 1/2 cup and later in the night I was in excrutiating pain between my shoulder blades to the right of my spine. I think that was my gallbladder. Could have been the ball of dough from the noodle i guess, although I did not have that much of those.

Gummiebear,

I had a gas episode early on after adding solids much like you described. Felt like my band might break in to from the pressure. I finally walked it off (or out). Kinda wondered if it might not be reaction from gall bladder which hadn't seen fat of any kind in several weeks. I haven't had another episode that bad since.

How long have you had your band?