Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op And Scared!

Hey y'all!

I'm 33 yrs old from New Orleans and considering the sleeve surgery. I meet with my surgeon on Wednesday for my initial consultation. My husband is against it but supportive. I'm self pay and coming out of pocket $14,000. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around all the what ifs. Can any of you tell me about how long it was before you were able to lift your babies? My daughter is 20 months and I do not have a lot of help with her because my husband works mostly nights. She loves to climb all over me and worried about that too. Overall I am very nervous but very optimistic. I need a life change!

I am 2 1/2 weeks out and still can't lift 10 lbs without getting pain on my right side. I can sit on the couch and pull a small child onto my lap no problem! I am loving my sleeve already!

I don't have children, but was on a 20lb lifting restriction for the 1st 2 weeks. After that, I was released without restriction.

Hey y'all!

I'm 33 yrs old from New Orleans and considering the sleeve surgery. I meet with my surgeon on Wednesday for my initial consultation. My husband is against it but supportive. I'm self pay and coming out of pocket 14' date='000. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around all the what ifs. Can any of you tell me about how long it was before you were able to lift your babies? My daughter is 20 months and I do not have a lot of help with her because my husband works mostly nights. She loves to climb all over me and worried about that too. Overall I am very nervous but very optimistic. I need a life change![/quote']

Don't spend that much I'm from Louisiana as well and went to TJ Mexico through ready for a change I used alma as my coordinator and dr Garcia he is amazing. He has never had a leak. I would do it all over again I am five days post op and back at home in the states. I will be going back to Mexico for reconstructive surgery when I'm at goal. The total cost was around 6k for everything His surgery cost was 4500 what cost the most was my flight from Houston to Dan Diego then Samuel picks you up and brings you to the hospital and you stay two to three days on the hospital then two days on the lovely Marriott The experience was amazing better care then on the states

Agree except I used Dr. Lopez so glad I didn't waste my money in the states. I spent exactly 6000. 4500 for surgery, 1000 for airfare, and 500 on sightseeing after surgery.

goodluck! My kids are older and will be vacationing with my mil after my surgery!! I hope there can be someone to help you!!!

Thanks for all the info everybody! As far as going to Mexico, it's not an option. I am all for it but my husband is already on the fence and Mexico would through him over! I know it's a big difference but in the long run for my quality of life it's only pennies.

As far as my baby goes, I'm thinking of getting her a step stool so she can climb up to me. I could move it around the house so she could climb into my bed, couch etc.

This forum has been a great comfort to me! Thank y'all so much for sharing!

Amanda