Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello. I am in Ohio and was banded last Wednesday. Things seem pretty good so far. I have to admit that some of the posts on this forum are scaring me. I am glad I started reading them AFTER I had the surgery. haha..

Welcome. I'm also in Ohio. Banded at St. Vincent Charity in Cleveland. I was banded in March and have had little trouble. Being banded is just something that we have to adjust our lives to to make it work for us. I am having a little trouble right now because of a tight fill, but hopefully I'll work through it without having to have any taken out. Best of luck to you and your band.

Welcome to bandland! Just remember that this is a support board and a lot of people who never have problems don't post while a lot that have had some problems do. Good Luck!

Hi Buckeye, congratulations on your banding. A good place to check out is the October bandsters thread. You'll find a lot of people in similar stages of healing and with similar issues. Like Iluvharleys said, you just don't hear as much from people who are just humming along.

Hi Buckeye

Congratulations on your surgery! Welcome to the forum, I hope you get alot from the group!

And btw, congrats on the win.....I am (hating it) a Spartan! lol....good game.

:confused:

Welcome Buckeye,

I'm from Ohio, too. Don't let us scare you off too much. That's what forums are all about. People post their questions and problems, others answer. Those people who don't have problems don't often post and say "Hey, I'm doin' great".

Sometimes you'll see something called a NSV (non-scale victory) which is a little celebration of something good that happened not directly related to the scales going down.

Keep reading, you'll see that we're a great community and resource for information.

hi, good for you. im so happy with my band. ive had only minor trouble, that was due to being a tad bit too tight on one fill. i was eager to lose and pushed for a tight fill. now i know better. i just tell everyone to get plenty of Protein. gotta keep energy levels up. also exercise. good luck.

Welcome Buckeye.... I was banded Oct.6th and so agree about some of the things you read on LBT~there is tons of good info. Best of luck to you!