Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on September 7. Everything is going fine - I have lost 32 lbs (8.5 weeks); however I seem to always be hungry. I had 1 cup 1% milk, 1/2 slice whole grain flax bread toasted with 1/2 Tbsp Peanut Butter and a cup of coffee for Breakfast. Hour and a half later I am starving.

I was told not to snack between meals but I can't go for more than 2 hrs without crazy hunger pain. Sometimes the hunger is so bad it wakes me up in the middle of the night. Thank goodness I am too tired to get up to eat and it eventually passes.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

No advice but I have the same problem. I wonder if it has to do with having less to lose (just speculating). I had 80 total to lose and seem to be in the same boat all the time. I just try to keep my Snacks healthy and stay below my carb and calorie count and exercise. I'm only 3 weeks out but that seems to be the only way I'm going to survive.

Hey you guys, you are doing great. Are you guys taking a PPI (nexium, omeprazole, tagamet). If your not you could be having some acid in your stomaches that mimick hunger. Are you getting all your Water in. Because if not it could be thrist, so I would try drinking some water when feeling hunger between meals. It is best to call your surgeon's office first and get their approval. :) IMO I am not a medical doctor.....

I am 6 weeks out today, and have just started experiencing hunger pains between meals. However, I have not been drinking my Protein Shakes untill later in the evening. I was wondering if it was normal as well?! I do believe however that if I start drinking the shakes sooner it will keep me full longer. Good Luck!

I take Protonix and I drink all day but I find it difficult to get enough to drink because of the straw thing as strange as it is. I actually don't like drinking directly from a cup and for some reason I won't drink unless I'm forcing myself or unless I'm using my favorite cup which is a double walled cup with a straw. It's a very strange quirk of mine - I have a bunch :rolleyes: .

Are you waiting the right amount of time to drink before and after eating?

Are you waiting the right amount of time to drink before and after eating?

I had the same thought. It looks like you are washing the "food" portion of your meal right down the tubes with the coffee and milk.

If you are drinking with meals you should stop. You'll have much more success. You could also consider something like a half scoop of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury in your milk (chocolate spleandor is great) to bulk up the meal and have it hold longer, (I make a latte with 8oz milk, 8 coffee and 1/2 scoop chocolate with some sf vanilla syrup). I'm plenty satisfied with that for some time.

Thanks for bringing the drinking thing to my attention. Funny how you forget so easily. I used to have a Protein shake every morning but got tired of them. Think I will get back to that.

Thanks everyone.