Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Serious Cramping....

Hey ladies, I was just wondering what is the strongest OTC medicine you can find for menstrual cramping...this is my second period since surgery, and this one is a doozy complete with nausea, joint ache, back ache, and painful cramps. If I didn't know any better I would seriously think I was in labor...I was hoping my periods would be a bit more manageable with out pain meds after the surgery, but reality has quickly kicked me in the lower abdomen and reminded me that, this is the norm for me. Even at smaller sizes, I've always had horrible cramps and the nausea was an added perk after I had children. This bad cramping varies from month to month, some months I barely have cramps and others I swear my uterus is trying to twist itself inside out. I have been tempted to take the left over liquid Tylenol 3 in the cabinet, but I'm concerned about the alcohol content, there is also vicodin up there, but I don't want to make my self sicker, vicodin always makes me sick. The extra strength Tylenol is NOT working....warm tea helps a bit, and I am sitting here with a heating pad under my stomach, it's not working either... :(:wacko:

try naproxen (Aleve) and see if it helps. that's what I usually recommend for moderate pain

try naproxen (Aleve) and see if it helps. that's what I usually recommend for moderate pain

I was told no NSAIDs. Aleve or Advil. Too hard on the stomach.

NSAIDs are definitely safe for short term use in Sleeve patients.

My dr recommended that I take an acid reducer with the NSAID, but I still find it too harsh with my stomach...gives me major heart burn. I will be looking to see if I can get the injectable NSAID at my next PCP visit.

They calmed down a bit, but I know another round is coming so I will ask my surgeon about the Alieve, I have that in the cabinet too, but was afraid to take it because they told me no NSAIDS too. Thanks for the suggestions though, I really appreciate it :)

They calmed down a bit' date=' but I know another round is coming so I will ask my surgeon about the Alieve, I have that in the cabinet too, but was afraid to take it because they told me no NSAIDS too. Thanks for the suggestions though, I really appreciate it :)[/quote']

I swear by percogesic and it's not an NSAID. I'm not looking forward to that post op :/ I usually take 800mg of ibuprofen religiously to combat cramps. my doctor is very stern about the no NSAID thing, too. Heating pad can't hurt either :)

My dr recommended that I take an acid reducer with the NSAID' date=' but I still find it too harsh with my stomach...gives me major heart burn. I will be looking to see if I can get the injectable NSAID at my next PCP visit.[/quote']

PcP gave me injectable NSAIDs so I am set and it had helped...and I don't mind getting shots.