Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I need some advice from post oppers please. I have been on the list to have surgery in Doha for a long time and due to constant chest/respiratory infections (I am asthmatic) it has been delayed and delayed. Anyway - now I have just heard that my husbands company is moving us to Cairo, Egypt at the end of January. Given that it is an international move and will require all sorts of organising and for me to be fully operational would you put the surgery off until you get to your new country of residence or would you try to arrange for the surgery to go ahead at the end of November if they can fit you in? Michel Gagner is the surgeon here in Doha and probably the best you can get at this procedure... No idea who is in Egypt. Will I be able to deal with my responsibilities in good time for the move? I am so concerned that I might develop some kind of complication (I already have reflux) which might result in a delay for our move - which mustn't happen under any circumstances. Im so confused/nervous about it all. Anyone heard of good surgeons in Egypt? I am British by the way. Looking forward to some sensible advice. Many thanks x

I just wanted to say I am only 11days out and I feel fantastic, I am also a nurse, so maybe that gives me a little edge but I just thought I could help.

If your Dr is the best, and you have the confidence that he can call the shots, and he say's its a go because you have no infection or problem at the time of your date, Do It!!! you will be totally healed without weight limits in 6 weeks. But in the mean time there wouldn't be any reason you couldn't pack before your surgery and even 1 week after your surgery continue to pack and organize. I went shopping on day 3 from noon until 7pm and I am 60 yrs young, with HBP, and diabetes, with a little arthritis in my hips, NONE of this holds me back! You will have a weight limit, and basically will be told no pushing, pulling, straining, lifting for just about 4/6 weeks, nothing about packing and planning? :rolleyes:

My advise is follow your Dr's orders and if he says its a go then don't hesitate, procrastinate, or even think about it...RUN as fast as you can to the procedure and have it done...it will be the best day of your life, it may even save your life!!!

If you haven't had a flu shot get one! between now and then stay away from crowds and especially sick people, even if you have to wear a mask in public do it, wipe off anything that the public uses with antibacterial wipes, and wash your hands after everything.............AND GO HAVE YOUR SURGERY!!!

Debbie