Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery was 10/22/12 and everything went really well. And 17 pounds lost since surgery. I'm thrilled but I also feel really weepy.

Maybe it's lack of good sleep. Plus, I am so sick of sweet tasting things. The shakes, Jello, Popsicles ....yuck. On Sunday I can add some strained veggies , maybe that will help. I have lots of support and help which I really appreciate. But right now I just feel like locking the door, turning off the phone and crawling into bed. Blahhhhhh! Anyone else really emotional?

I had my surgery the same day!!!

I've had moments of being weepy for no reason, but it's normal as hormones are out of whack! I'm also in total agreement about being sick of sweet stuff. I can have strained cream Soups, but they just don't cut it for me. I am craving MEAT! Would totally love some refried Beans and cheese right now, but that's still another week away :/

I also feel generally run down and feel like I could sleep all day long. However, I feel MUCH better once I get myself up and out the door in the morning. Exercise and staying active will help with the blahs!!! Get some sunshine and emjoy the fall weather!

The cream Soups do help. Cream of potatoes is my favorite so far. I just want something to salt and pepper!

Thanks for the encouragement . And today is gorgeous where I live, so I'm going to put on my ugly garden Crocs and go poke around the yard for awhile!

It's very common to be emotional after this surgery. I cried for a week. Remember, hormones are stored in fat cells. As our bodies lose this excess fat, these hormones are released and can contribute to the emotional side of this surgery. In other words, it is a normal response. Also if you are like me, I don't react very well to anesthesia, and I cry every time I am put to sleep for any procedure. So this compounded my "crying". Also some people have that "WTH have I done moment"...I know did! I think what you are describing is a normal response and it gets better. If not, chat with your doctor for an assessment to see if you have clinical depression. Good luck!

Also, unjury makes a chicken Soup flavored Protein powder that is pretty good. Has 20 G Protein per 8 oz ..it's hot and savory going down. They also have a protein cheese powder as well.

I don't have any regrets either. It really has been an amazing recovery. I did get a horrible headache for about 4 days after surgery, but that's long gone!

Congratulations on 24 lbs gone! That amazing! I had my post op appointment yesterday and I am down 17 lbs. woot woot! Sadly, my diet won't progress until Sunday.

And I plan on eating a little bit of yam and the next day a little bit of mashed potatoes. My doctor takes the healing of the remaining stomach very seriously.

So I'm gonna follow his directions to the letter. Heavy Sigh.

Thanks Pipula. I keep hearing about injury. Guess I'll go do a little research. I appreciate the comments and encouragement

Thanks Pipula. I keep hearing about injury. Guess I'll go do a little research. I appreciate the comments and encouragement

You are very welcome. I am 7 months out and can honestly say I wish I had done it sooner. I am down 108# and keep on keeping on..when not if I get to my personal goal I will have lost 200#....only 92# more to go! Keep your chin up...it gets better day by day! It took me 3 months before I could honestly say I was started to feel "normal".