Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any suggestion about my meds?

I hope this will change with time but for now I am taking 6 large pills and 3 small pills a day. Now my MD wants me to add 2 large fish oil tablets too.

It is difficult for me. Pre band I would choke them all down at once but I had a PB (?) and YUK. So now I put them in a cup and snack (lol) on them at the end of my evening. Anyone else going thru this? Any suggestions? Since my weight loss I have cut down 2 large and one small and 2 shots of insulin a day.

edie:think

I hope this will change with time but for now I am taking 6 large pills and 3 small pills a day. Now my MD wants me to add 2 large fish oil tablets too.

It is difficult for me. Pre band I would choke them all down at once but I had a PB (?) and YUK. So now I put them in a cup and snack (lol) on them at the end of my evening. Anyone else going thru this? Any suggestions? Since my weight loss I have cut down 2 large and one small and 2 shots of insulin a day.

edie:think

Im not banded so I cant say I have had this problem. But my Sister in law takes fish oil for a condition she has. They have it in liquid form . From what I hear its NOT Pretty tasting. BUT Just looking around really quick I did find some for Kids , so i bet that tastes better. You could probably take that.

http://www.evitamins.com/product_grid_sub.asp?catID=65&subID=471

HTH

Mindy

Hello to all you banders.

I am happy to have found this site. I have read a little and already found lots of information. I was banded on Sept. 25th. Cancelled first appt. because I was afraid I wouldnt wake up after surgery. I have diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Now, I am glad I did. I am down 22 lbs. Had first fill and cannot tell it. She put in 4.9 cc's but I am not restricted enough. Trying to maintain before next fill next week. My doctor does not use fluro. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can help the doc give me the right fill? Does fluro work everytime.

Thanks,

Suesue:whoo:

Sue.....you might post start a new thread and post your question re fills.....either on this forum on on the 'fill' forum. You'll come nearer getting appropriate responses. Glad to have you here!!:)

Edie....I was told to crush my pills.....I got a little 'mortar and pestle' (amazon has lots of them) - I crush them and mix them with applesauce or something. I was on 11 scripts when I had surgery.....now I'm on ZERO so it's all been worth it! Best wishes!!

SueSue how many cc's does your band hold? If you have 4.5cc currently with no restriction I would assume your band holds 10cc, but if your band only holds 4cc of Fluid like mine they may be missing the port all together. I think fluro is the better option, but it is more expensive if you are a self pay. With fluro you can see the barium swallow they give go down and see how tight you are actually getting. Plus with fluro the doc can usually access the port with only 1 stick. I have heard horror stories about docs that don't use fluro sticking patients over and over again trying to access the port. That is not to say it wont happen with fluro, but the chances are better when they can see what is going on. Plus with fluro the doc and you can see how the band is doing, if it has slipped, etc. I feel for me it is extra ensurance to see my band and my port, and how the fluid flows thru it every time I go for a fill.

I could not take the fish oil at all, the taste and aftertaste made me sick. My doc put me on flax seed oil instead. Still they are hard to get down. I drink a hot cup of coffee before i take my meds. Helps open the band a little, I think. Donna