Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lap Band in Springfield Mo

Hello Earlene-

I just attended a seminar Monday night and Dr. Edwards was the Dr. who put it on and HE IS WONDERFUL! I had a few reservations about weight loss surgery but, I feel sooo much better about it now! I feel like Dr. Edwards answered any questions or concerns anyone had and answered them in ways that we understood. I do not think you will be disappointed in coming to Springfield St. John's and having Dr. Edwards perform your surgery. Have a wonderful day! ~Heather

Hi My insurance did not approve me for lap Band, I was so disapointed but they did approve me for Gastric Bypass, which I am having, I see DR, Edwards tuesday, to set the date. But I think you would be wise to stay close to home, I have complete confidence in the St. Johns Bariatric program. Why go to KC and all the extra expence. I wish you luck wherever you go. Glenda

I received my frist fill last Thursday but I notice I can still eat most things. I can't drink and, of course, we aren't supposed to drink when eating. I try to eat Protein first. I am worried I won't lose since I don't feel a lot of restriction but guess time will tell. I'm having a hard time right now as I lost my Mom in September and am going through a divorce right now and want to eat everything in sight but I've been doing really better than I thought. I have 125 lbs. to lose. I lost 18 is all before the surgery and have stayed the same. I need to start exercising but seems like I'm so depressed by the time I get home from work I don't want to do anything.

I am a "granny", too and one year younger than you are. I was wondering how you have done with the lapband. If you have any pointers for me, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks.

Earlene

Dr. Hodges did my lapband but left the next day out of the area so I'm seeing Dr. Edwards and I really like him.

Earlene,

Hi, I haven't been on in quite some time. I had the band 6/5/06 and have lost 74 pounds. I have had 3 fills and still don't feel extremely restricted. i can still eat any type of food without any problems I just don't eat as much of it as I used to. I started off losing 3-4 pounds a week and am now averaging 2 lbs a week. I also walk on the treadmill for an hour a day so I have put in quite a bit of work along with the band. Don't get discouraged about not feeling a lot of restriction. It still works. I read on here about people who are so tight that they can't eat anything. It doesn't seem like they lose weight any faster. I would prefer to be a little more normal whatever normal is. I did gain 2 pounds over Christmas, but I have alread lost those two pounds. However, I didn't lose any more than that. I'm not complaining because normally I would gain 15-20 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years. Dr. Edwards did my surgery, too. He is great. I am older also so I think that may make things a little slower. (57) Happy New Year to all.

Linda

:clap2: Hello, everyone, As my insurance would not cover lapband, I had gbp, the 27th of dec., came home next day, I am doing great, My hubby is taking good care of me, I am sore, but the meds are doing a good job. No nausa, I have been on a full liquid diet just like before surgery and no problems. I am walking as much as posibble and drinking Water all the time. Good luck to everyone who has wls no matter what kind of surgery you have and a happy new year. Glenda

Earlene,

Hi, I haven't been on in quite some time. I had the band 6/5/06 and have lost 74 pounds. I have had 3 fills and still don't feel extremely restricted. i can still eat any type of food without any problems I just don't eat as much of it as I used to. I started off losing 3-4 pounds a week and am now averaging 2 lbs a week. I also walk on the treadmill for an hour a day so I have put in quite a bit of work along with the band. Don't get discouraged about not feeling a lot of restriction. It still works. I read on here about people who are so tight that they can't eat anything. It doesn't seem like they lose weight any faster. I would prefer to be a little more normal whatever normal is. I did gain 2 pounds over Christmas, but I have alread lost those two pounds. However, I didn't lose any more than that. I'm not complaining because normally I would gain 15-20 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years. Dr. Edwards did my surgery, too. He is great. I am older also so I think that may make things a little slower. (57) Happy New Year to all.

Linda

Linda, Sounds like you are doing AWESOME. I'd be so happy if I can lose 74 lbs! I had a difficult weekend as my soon to be "ex" came over to pick up some things. I've always been emotional eater and all I wanted to do was EAT. I vomitted a couple of times this weekend which is something "new" for me but I did TRY to eat things I should not have and I'm ashamed of myself. This is an "emotional" trip for me as well as a "physical" one. OLD habits are hard to break but I'm so very thankful I had this surgery becuase I can't keep the food down. I think I didn't chew my food as much as I should have. I also had a flour tortilla which is a "no-no". I'm telling myself "I'm human and I'm going to make mistakes" and today is a 'new' day and I'm starting over. I will be fine. I had a new grandbaby girl last night so that was uplifting to me. God is good. Thanks for answering my email. I have felt pretty "down" the last few weeks and it was nice to see an answer to my email.

I hope you continue to do well and am sure you will.

Happy New Year!

Earlene

Sorry to hear about your problems. I am an emotional eater, also. Actually, I'm just a big eater. Always have been. We always ate a lot and both my mom and I were good cooks when I was growing up. That sounds a little strange as we are still good cooks. I haven't lost any since the week before Christmas, but I'm trying not to be too concerned about it yet. I don't really think I need another fill at this time. Aren't grandchildren just grand? I have 5. Two of them are step grandchildren. It seemed like we weren't ever going to have any and then both our children got pregnant at the same time (really I guess I should say our daughter and our son's wife. ) Our son married a woman who had two children so we went from none to 4 all in one year. Then our son and his wife had another baby 8 months ago. I have learned to be careful what I hope for. Boy did I get a lot of blessings fast. Happy New Year and Happy losing.

Linda

MazieMommy,

I've never heard anything negative about Dr. Edwards. He is wonderful. You will do fine. I wish you the best of luck. I am a grandmother with three grandchildren and in my mid-sixties and I was really scared but am SO happy I decided to have this surgery. Please keep me posted on your progress. Do you go to the support meetings on the second Monday of each month? It is really helpful to me when I attend. I wasn't able to attend last month but plan on attending the next meeting.

Earlene:)

Thanks Earlene-I could probly find out by just reading longer (but, I have a one year old, time is of the essence) Are you Dr. Edwards patient, here in springfield too? Please do tell about your experience with him..... I want to know the good, bad, and the ugly....and can't fine any negative todate!!!!! Too good to be true?? best of luck to all

Maziemommy,

So far I have had no negative or bad experience. I am older so I am not losing as fast as some others I've talked to. I weighed 292.5 and am now at 256 and was banded last November so I am very happy with my results. however, I know of others who have lost much faster. I still haven't exercised that much and I know that makes a big difference. I am hoping to begin soon. I lost my Mother last August 31st, my husband found someone else, my daughter is not well and I help her, and a lot of stressers going on in my life. I know the exercising would help me greatly. I encourage you to thinka bout exercise along with the banding. The banding is just a "tool" but a good one. Some days I even forget to "eat" and that is unreal for me.ha I've always had a weight problem and the last four years have really been rough in that regard. I am still working and am so tried when I get home but I need to figure out a way to get the exercise in as it would make such a difference in my weight loss and my mental thinking.

I am so happy you answered my message. I've been at this website several times and haven't "connected" with anyone so this is good. If I can answer any questions or help you in any way, just let me know. I didn't have any problems at all and, in fact, would do it again tomorrow. I've had two fills and that was a good experience, both times. I know everyone is different but in my experience, the only time I have problems is when I try to drink liquids too soon after eating. I can't tolerate bread, either. I dont' think we are supposed to eat it anyway. That has always been a weakness for me. I can leave sweets alone but bread is hard for me. Every time I have tried to eat it, it comes back up. You will soon learn your limitations. It is really easy to follow and something you will wish you had done sooner.

Good to hear from you. Good luck!

Earlene

Earlene-Thank you for the info. I'm excited to be working with Dr. Edwards. I found out today that my date is April 2-2007!!! I am considering going to the meeting you mentioned (others in his office mentioned it also). I am hopeful that Hubby will come too.

I do wish my life did not have so many rough patches- now this wish goes out to you! Life may again become wonderful, even for Earlene!!! Thinking of you.

Hi!

Would enjoy contact with anyone in the Springfield area. I'm anticipating having Lap band surgery in August. Have had first appt with Dr. Edwards, Mary, psych eval, nutrition appt. Signed up for the Aug 6th all day class and appt with HHI exercise person is scheduled.

I'm a local native, 52, married to a very supportive DH, no kids.........and ready for the positive changes and challenges this decision brings.

:eek:

I am a Springfield native also...52 y/o female. It's so neat to see Springfield people post on here. I am scheduled for 8-8 in Kansas City. I live in Kansas now.

Hi!

You know, when I read your stats........my first thought was "Nut approval" was linked to the psych eval! Figured out it was short for abbreviation and then I chuckled!

My husband grew up in Independence and now lives here! Just flipped of your life! Cool, huh.

Not long now for you, that's exciting. Are you on a liquid diet prior?

:update:

Have a surgery date now:

Friday, August 31st.

Start the preop diet this Friday.

I'm excited to say the least!

:blush: