Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anyone Else Feel The Same?

I get hungry but I just.don't even feel like eating. Some things sound great to me but the thought of eating whatever.sounds good just disgust me:(

I get hungry but I just.don't even feel like eating. Some things sound great to me but the thought of eating whatever.sounds good just disgust me:(

I'm not even sleeved yet and get that way just watching what I'm eating. My fiancé came home this morning with my favorite cracker barrel Breakfast, while it looked delicious I just felt nauseous thinking about chewing and swallowing it.

I think with all we've prepared for and done for this step in our lives a teeny part of brain looks at food as the reason we've done so much. food is bad. And that part of brain sometimes screams over the part saying "you've gotta eat to live, dummy."

Focus on the nutrients you have to get from what you're eating and not the actual act of eating, if that makes sense. Eventually your brain will realize food isn't an evil force but a tool for living this awesome new life you've tried so hard to get :)

This has become my post sleeve reality. I have only recently started to feel hunger, but it is fleeting. I am 5 months out. I am often disgusted by food and by what others are eating. Things that used to look fantastic to me now just look repulsive. chocolate anything for example, I used to love chocolate and i think it still sounds good but now when I look at it I find it just looks repulsive. Same applies to something I want to eat sounds great, I may even cook it, and that when I serve a little plate for myself it is fine but when my husband serves up a huge portion (a previously normal portion for me) I find my stomach turns. The visual of a mass amount of food just seems to elicit a really strong response.

Alternately, I see food that I think looks fantastic but I have zero desire to eat it. Very strange but it is becoming my new normal.

I mentally think the food im about to eat is going to taste good because of my memory of it, but then when i eat it, it is mostly just ok. If tnis keeps me thin for life, I'll take it. On some days i can eat certain things, like eggs, then on others like today, nothing tastes good!

I mentally think the food im about to eat is going to taste good because of my memory of it' date=' but then when i eat it, it is mostly just ok. If tnis keeps me thin for life, I'll take it. On some days i can eat certain things, like eggs, then on others like today, nothing tastes good![/quote']

I'm glad its not just me! Add everything being to sweet to that list too

Yes, I am the same with things being far too sweet. And with having days where really nothing appeals. One morning last week I loitered in the kitchen for about ten minutes, unable to decide what I wanted for Breakfast. I realised I had to have something but I wanted nothing! After much gazing in the fridge and pantry I had chicken noodle Soup for breakfast. My husband ate his Cereal and just shook his head laughing at me. It was quite literally the only thing I could stomach.

Yes' date=' I am the same with things being far too sweet. And with having days where really nothing appeals. One morning last week I loitered in the kitchen for about ten minutes, unable to decide what I wanted for breakfast. I realised I had to have something but I wanted nothing! After much gazing in the fridge and pantry I had chicken noodle Soup for breakfast. My husband ate his cereal and just shook his head laughing at me. It was quite literally the only thing I could stomach.[/quote']

That is me all day today! :-)

That is me all day today! :-)

This is where this site is essential, making me feel less alone in my craziness!

Lol, I hope you find your chicken noodle Soup equivalent for today! I am all good today and just ate one poached egg and one bacon rasher for breakfast :-)