Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!

I was just sleeved on 10/16 and my doctor doesnt have me starting my Vitamins until I'm in stage 2 of my diet which won't start until after I see him again on 11/1.

There's not a whole lot out there by way of bariatric Multivitamins but the main ones I've seen are opurity and optisource. I do see that OptiSource is available at Walgreens, which I love that I could just go pick it up but it requires you to take 4 pills a day! Opurity only requires one and all the reviews of it on their website are great, but a quick jump to Amazon shows people saying it's DISGUSTING! My bariatric coordinator mentioned it tasted liked sweettarts, and OptiSource like tang but wanted to get some more thoughts.

Thanks =o)

I just bought Vitamins that are all in one, so they are all I need to take, from bariatricfusion.com. they are 3x a day, but I'm good with that. They taste good. I was getting sick off my other chewable

Hello,

My doctor talked highley of NutraMetrix and they had a taste test for everyone that came to the meeting. It tastes like a sweet version of tang. I been tanking it now for about a month.

this is what I was told to take:

- nutraMetrix Isotonix® Calcium Complete- I fill up two caps and put it in a cup

- nutraMetrix Isotonix® Multivitamin with out Iron- I fill up on cap and add it to a cup

Then I add Water. they give you a cup to show how much Water to add depending on how many cap fulls you have to use. Then you mix it up and drink it.

Also you do this 15 mins before your first meal and you are done with Vitamins for the rest of the day.

They have a 90 day kit that comes with 2 bottles of the Calcium and 1 bottle of the Multivitamin. Its like $79 every 3 months. Not bad at all.

I am glad i found something that tastes good since I see so many people complain about taste.

here is the web site: http://www.nutrametr...tion=main.nHome

I like Bariatric Support from Vitamin Shoppe (1/day). They also have a wonderful calcium citrate, Healthy Indulgence (500 mg each) (just like eating a small piece of dark chocolate!) - sometimes it's not on their website but if you call their toll-free number they can add it to your order. You can also get sublingual B12, chewable Vitamin D (if needed), chewable Biotin and any other Vitamins, supplements or Protein powders you can think of there. www.vitaminshoppe.com if you don't have a store near you (and it sounds like you don't :) )

I also get Cytosport whey Isolate Protein drinks there (watermelon, tropical and tangerine flavors). They come 16.9 oz bottles of clear, fruit flavored Protein goodnees. One bottle has 32 gr protein, 130 calories and only 1 carb. I like these MUCH better than the typical chocolate or vanilla Protein powder shakes. I usually pour 1/2 of the drink into an empty bottle and then fill both bottles with ice cubes & Water. I'll sip on these (along with other fluids) throughout the day. The drink is fine right out of the bottle, but I kind of prefer to have it watered down - plus I know it will give me about 1/2 of my fluids for a day.

I use Celebrate Vitamins. They are made for WLS patients, and I like them. You can even request samples, and they send you a LOT of different types and flavors.

I like Bariatric Support from Vitamin Shoppe (1/day). They also have a wonderful calcium citrate, Healthy Indulgence (500 mg each) (just like eating a small piece of dark chocolate!) - sometimes it's not on their website but if you call their toll-free number they can add it to your order. You can also get sublingual B12, chewable Vitamin D (if needed), chewable Biotin and any other Vitamins, supplements or Protein powders you can think of there. www.vitaminshoppe.com if you don't have a store near you (and it sounds like you don't :) )

I also get Cytosport whey isolate Protein drinks there (watermelon, tropical and tangerine flavors). They come 16.9 oz bottles of clear, fruit flavored protein goodnees. One bottle has 32 gr protein, 130 calories and only 1 carb. I like these MUCH better than the typical chocolate or vanilla Protein Powder shakes. I usually pour 1/2 of the drink into an empty bottle and then fill both bottles with ice cubes & Water. I'll sip on these (along with other fluids) throughout the day. The drink is fine right out of the bottle, but I kind of prefer to have it watered down - plus I know it will give me about 1/2 of my fluids for a day.

I might have to try those out! There is a vitaminshoppe that's about a 30 minute drive but might be worth it if I dont have to order anything, the prices look pretty reasonable as well.

Thanks for your responses everyone =o)

I really love the Vitamin Shoppe near my house. It's about 30 minutes away as well. I find their staff to be very knowledgeable and always glad to help and answer questions. I've learned that one form of B12 (Methylcobalamin) is more easily absorbed for example.

Join their "club" - it's free - you earn points for every dollar you spend and can then redeem your points for merchandise.

Compare the on-line prices with the in-store prices. Sometimes when they have shipping promos (like right now shipping is free for orders over $25) you can actually save a bit by ordering on-line.

Enjoy and good luck :)

I'm making up for all the years my mom refused to buy me Flintstones chewables when I was a kid! One Flintstones Complete in the morning, and one in the evening....yummy!! :)

I'll second the recommendation for the Celebrate chewable multi-vitamins - I really like their mandarin orange one. I take one twice daily For Calcium and Iron, I prefer Bariatric Advantage chewy bites, but their Multi-Vitamin was too harsh - tended to make me queasy if I didn't time it right with a meal. I order both online.

I use the GNC Mega Men Sport: http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=4033437. I used them before surgery, and all of my pre-surgery blood tests for Vitamins and minerals were good, so I figured why change? Seems to be working out, as my one and three-month post-surgery blood tests all came back good as well.

The one thing for men to note is that the Mega Men don't contain Iron, so men will need to purchase an Iron supplement to go along with them. I do the GNC Gentlesorb Iron capsules: http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=3719245

There's also a GNC brand for women. This version contains iron, some others in the product line don't: http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=4033452

I take Centrium chewable. My husband hated them and use liquid vitamins which I can't stand.

I'm making up for all the years my mom refused to buy me Flintstones chewables when I was a kid! One Flintstones Complete in the morning, and one in the evening....yummy!! :)

I've been reading that alot of people like these, and I just checked on what they have and it seems to cover alot of the requirements.. I remember taking them as a kid and actually liked them! This may be a good option as well!

I use Celebrate Vitamins. They are made for WLS patients, and I like them. You can even request samples, and they send you a LOT of different types and flavors.

I got alot of Celebrate samples and it is what my doctor recommends. My bariatric coordinator at the hosptial also told me it's best to stick with the ones designed for bariatric patients because they are made to work and dissolve better with our bodies.. They dont seem to be terribly expensive either and from what I see they are jam packed.. What's your favorite flavor?

I really love the Vitamin Shoppe near my house. It's about 30 minutes away as well. I find their staff to be very knowledgeable and always glad to help and answer questions. I've learned that one form of B12 (Methylcobalamin) is more easily absorbed for example.

Join their "club" - it's free - you earn points for every dollar you spend and can then redeem your points for merchandise.

Compare the on-line prices with the in-store prices. Sometimes when they have shipping promos (like right now shipping is free for orders over $25) you can actually save a bit by ordering on-line.

Enjoy and good luck :)

Thanks for all your help =o)