Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you think of ...

Hello,

What do you think of the prince Arthur medical Center ? Has anyone gone there ? The location is better for me being down Town

Yasmina :girl_hug:

Yeah, that's it. If you look through the posts here (among the canadian posts), anyone who says TLBC did their surgery was done by either Dr. Yau, or Dr. Joffe, his associate. So, yup... there's lots of 'em here. (I'm sure you'll hear from them in the morning!)

Yes indeedy, that is TLBC.

It is a very nice clinic indeed (I guess, given the price we pay!) LOL.

The docs and staff (both pre and post op) are wonderful.

Furthermore, Dr. Joffee was one of the (if not the first one) first surgeons doing this surgery in Canada.....so he has the most experience.

I recommend you merely visit a couple of the places in TO and get a "feel" for them.

No complaints from me nor have I seen any other complaints from others who had it done at TLBC.

So are you saying that i can have a phone consult and not actually meet the docror until the day of my surgery ? I assuming that I would have to have all my pre opt done my family doctor

Yasmina

I'm not sure how far away from TO or Mississauga you are, but I think if you're more than a few hours away, you'd be 'eligible' for the phone consult. The way it worked for me (with Dr. Cobourn), I had my phone consult, got my surgery date, went to Mississauga a day early, met him very briefly (just wanted to know if I had any questions or concerns), and had surgery the next day. I had all my pre-op testing done a few weeks before surgery (with a local doctor), because they needed the results 2 weeks prior to surgery.

Your pre-op stuff is generally done by your family doctor anyways...the docs doing your surgey don't do the pre-op stuff. You would find out the requirements etc and what needs to be done during your consult (whether that be done on the phone or in person).

Well that will be wonderful ! I am in Thunder Bay, but I do go to Toronto a couple times a year. :girl_hug:

Yasmina

Yasmina: I live in Fenelon Falls, 2 hours n/e of Toronto. I had a meeting with Nisrine to discuss the price, process etc but I didn't make a special trip to TO for that, I was there on other business. As far as the Dr's consult.....we did it by phone....didn't take long at all. He asked questions mainly about my current health, a bit about family health history, and there was the odd question or two that I'm sure was to test my mental readiness for the surgery.

When I met with Nisrine I got a lab requisition for blood work, an exray, and an ECG. It was up to me where I got this work done, the clinic in Lindsay faxed the results to TLBC.

They do their best to make it easy for us.

Carol