Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Davidson Bsc Dallas

I have an appointment with Dr Davidson on Friday the 26th. I have already started this journey with Dr Merriman in Shreveport but after reading about some experiences with Dr Davidson, I made an appointment with him. The fact that he is a Christian and actually prays for and with his patients goes a long way with me. I have only met Dr Merriman once but the hospital where he does the surgery is kind of a "hole in the wall" and he seemed rushed and irritated with my many questions. So I was a little uneasy. I'm sure he is a great surgeon so please do not get upset with me anyone who uses/used him. We just all have to make our decisions based on what we as individuals are the most comfortable with. My question is for anyone who used Dr Davidson. Anything else you can tell me about Dr Davidson that would assure me I'm making the right decision to switch? Or anything to deter me?

No one online that used him?

Hi Jessica,

I've been lurking and saw your post and broke down and registered so I could email you and let you know my experience with Dr. Davidson.

I had my consult last week and scheduled for surgery on December 4th. My insurance doesn't cover WLS so I'm a self-pay.

Dr. Davidson is great and his staff is awesome. He really cares but he doesn't sugar coat things. He's a wealth of knowledge, experience and the fact that he prays has been claming to a scary cat like me!

Keep me updated on your consult, I think you'll be happy you choose to go to him.

Amiee

He is so smart!! He really is caring, he is not rushed and he wants you to be a success. He wants his patients lives to improve and he shares every bit of knowledge he has to help you succeed.

He called me on Saturday and Sunday after I was released from the hospital to see how I was doing.

:)

He's a great person and excellent surgeon.

Thank y'all so much for replying and letting me know.

Aimee-did you choose to wait until December or was he booked up until then?

You don't have to answer I was just curios since you are self pay and don't have to jump through the hoops like some of us I figured you would have surgery sooner unless of course you just wanted to wait. Anyway, I'm not trying to pry just asking questions. I really want to have surgery early December (that's when my ins requirements will be done). If he is out or that busy that may not happen.

Lessofme-were you self pay or insurance?

Hey Jessica- I was self pay and as soon as I got my tests done and cleared for surgery. (That took a month) I was in surgery. :)

I am insurance and I'm trying to figure about the program fee. Dr Merriman charges an additional $400 fee for aftercare program that is not billable to insurance. From looking at the BSC website I think Dr Davidson also charges a fee like that but I'm not sure. I guess I'll find out Friday.

Hi Jessica,

Nope you’re not prying at all, that's why we come here to share our journey's right!

When I first decided I was going to go to Dr. Davidson I really wanted to have the surgery as soon as he would allow me. I thought oh if I could have it by the end of October I could be on mushies or solids and not feel awkward around family during the holidays. But then I started reading about possible complications and decided to have it later because I’m a grad student and my last project (with 8 other people) is due November 18 and I have to be in class on the 29th and December 1st. I didn’t want to let my team down by not finishing my work and/or not finish my last class and postpone graduation. I also didn’t want the extra stress (I’m also employed full time) of trying to work, finish school and heal.

So I’m having it done on the 4th. I graduate on the 15th and I’m praying I will be able to march down the aisle, sit with my classmates and walk across the stage to get my fake diploma (the real one they mail me) 11 days after surgery.

So, that’s why I’m waiting. Keep us updated about your visit.

@Less of me is more thanks for responding I am encouraged by your opinions of him and your comments!

Amiee

Thank you Aimee. Pray for me. Appointment us tomorrow.

Keep us updated Jessica, maybe you can do it on the 4th and we can walk together!!!

Good luck you two!! Be sure to share your successes with me :)

I'm very happy for yall!

Can't wait to see how happy you will be :)))

Thank you lessofme and Aimee. The appointment was awesome!! He was very informative and took his time to answer all my numerous questions. I am definitely switching!!

Thank you for going through this with me

Aimee-I don't think I'll be able until like the 14th but ill be cheering and praying for you!!

I'll be cheering and praying for you too Jessica!

How did everything go?