Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reached My Breaking Point

And.......

Fibromyalgia it is. Start on my med soon to help with pain...

I have pretty severe fibro. Like Iggy, Lyrica made me gain about 50 pounds and barely worked. Not to mention even WITH insurance was ridiculously expensive.

I feel your fibro pain to an incredible degree. I also have had adverse reactions to most meds so the only thing that even helps is an opiate. I do NOT wish this for you or anyone. I'm not yet sleeved but I can definitely help you with fibro support.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this :/

My fibro isn't crazy to the point of disabling. But the fatigue from fibro and ms with apnea gets me pretty bad. Pain is kind of manageable but there are days I want to lay in bed. Though that doesn't help at all because it just makes the stiffness that much worse. Hope the meds help me.

I am dealing with this because I have not been at a BMI of 40+ for over five years. Thing is I was diagnosed with ms 9 years ago and I was trying so hard to keep weight off. My BMI has been above 30 for 4 of the 9 and 35 for 5. But they say I don't meet the minimum requirements. So I have to go through the appeals and get denied. Peer to peer already took place. Once I exhaust appeals I can go to my employer to plea for an exception. I think I have someone on my side in hr. So just keep fighting. Though I'm sure I may have more defeated moments... :-(

My fibro isn't crazy to the point of disabling. But the fatigue from fibro and ms with apnea gets me pretty bad. Pain is kind of manageable but there are days I want to lay in bed. Though that doesn't help at all because it just makes the stiffness that much worse. Hope the meds help me.

I am dealing with this because I have not been at a BMI of 40+ for over five years. Thing is I was diagnosed with ms 9 years ago and I was trying so hard to keep weight off. My BMI has been above 30 for 4 of the 9 and 35 for 5. But they say I don't meet the minimum requirements. So I have to go through the appeals and get denied. Peer to peer already took place. Once I exhaust appeals I can go to my employer to plea for an exception. I think I have someone on my side in hr. So just keep fighting. Though I'm sure I may have more defeated moments... :-(

The exhaustion from fibro alone is bad, I can't imagine that with apnea :/ my ex's mother has ms and fibro and lyrics works wonder for her. She gained a little weight but it was worth it for her. What meds did they give you? I've heard good things about Cymbalta, and Nucynta was to be my miracle drug, but I was in the tiny percentage that had CNS depression.

Keep fighting! We're here for you. I know it's exhausting being the squeaky wheel but it's so worth it in the end, I'm sure this is no exception

I'm on Gilenya for the ms. Also on Zoloft for the ms. Adding meloxicam to get through until surgery. Then after neurologist, surgeon, and PCP will decide a treatment that will be safe and effective...

I thought the pain was ms and I had to live with it. If I wasn't having all these tests for the surgery then probably would have just kept thinking it was ms and try to deal...

I'm on Gilenya for the ms. Also on Zoloft for the ms. Adding meloxicam to get through until surgery. Then after neurologist' date=' surgeon, and PCP will decide a treatment that will be safe and effective...

I thought the pain was ms and I had to live with it. If I wasn't having all these tests for the surgery then probably would have just kept thinking it was ms and try to deal...[/quote']

They tested me for EVERYTHING to figure out what was wrong. I was poked and prodded for months and then all it took to disgnose it was a pressure on some body parts?! Ugh.

Yoga helps :)