Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been here a few months now and feel like I know you so want to tell you what's happened. My paperwork was submitted to insurance last Wednesday after 6 months of supervised diet and all the required tests. I found out Monday I have breast cancer. I asked surgeon yesterday if I could have bariatric surgery in January. He said absolutely not, not till breast cancer resolved. I am scared, sad and disappointed.

I am so sorry that you were dealt the C Card - I am a cancer survivor and have had 8 rounds of chemo over the last 10 years or so,.... Do you know what regimen of treatment you'll be on? Also - if you have one in your area - look up Gilda's Club - this group was such a lifesaver for me going through all my treatments as they have lots of fun activities and group sessions that are not pity parties.

If you need someone to chat with, I'm always here for you....I truly wish you the best.

Props to you both! I've had cervical cancer and a lump removed from my breast but have never gone through intense treatments. Just a mild procedure followed by a boat of meds. Truly, I cut up a lot but you two have SO much of my respect!

Tough broads ;) I love it! You give me hope :)

I found out I have breast cancer. asked surgeon if I could have bariatric surgery in January. He said absolutely not, not till breast cancer resolved. I am scared, sad and disappointed.

Cresteds Mom

words cannot express how sorry i am about your BC - this is an extremely hard time for you - and all feelings you must be going through are difficult to deal with

i can only imagine how disappointed you are that you must have WLS postponed - but its not cancelled.

you have to take care of your primary health issue of cancer first

The sleeve will be waiting for you after your BC recovery

take care

good luck

I am so sorry that you were dealt the C Card - I am a cancer survivor and have had 8 rounds of chemo over the last 10 years or so,.... Do you know what regimen of treatment you'll be on? Also - if you have one in your area - look up Gilda's Club - this group was such a lifesaver for me going through all my treatments as they have lots of fun activities and group sessions that are not pity parties.

If you need someone to chat with, I'm always here for you....I truly wish you the best.

Thank You. I am looking at lumpectomy and 5-6 weeks of daily radiation. Will check into Gilda's Club

Sorry to hear.... But Yes weightloss needs to be on the backburner!

Your body needs strength and fuel (calories)...

Have faith-

My best friend had a similar situation... Pre OP for the sleeve they found masses in her lungs.

After treatment she was sleeved approx 8 months later... Her surgery was in June...4 1/2 months later she is down 55+ pounds.

I will have you in my thoughts and prayers- Hugs & God Bless!!!

Cresteds Mom

words cannot express how sorry i am about your BC - this is an extremely hard time for you - and all feelings you must be going through are difficult to deal with

i can only imagine how disappointed you are that you must have WLS postponed - but its not cancelled.

you have to take care of your primary health issue of cancer first

The sleeve will be waiting for you after your BC recovery

take care

good luck

Thank You Kathy. I was so looking forward to being on the losers bench. Have to keep reminding myself it isn't cancelled

Please be prepared to be absolutely wiped out with radiation- it's rougher than the chemo ever was - at least for me, luckily I only had to go through 2 months of radiation rest was chemo.

yes, you're WLS will be put on hold temporarily - but it will get here before you know it.

good luck with the treatments and let us know how you are doing!

i was dx with breast cancer in dec 2010. i too had a lumpectomy with chemo and radiation. the wls was a decision made based on my cancer. i weighed 237lbs and being over weight increases your chances of a reoccurance. i am a 2 year survivior!!! u will get past this-its hard but u will get past it! i will keep you in my prayers. keep us posted

Thank you for your support and prayers.