Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Thank you Angela T...

How do you feel you will do at this?

Well...I am a bit nervous, but I think that finally I will do well after the initial struggle. It will be difficult to be on liquids for so long.... but I will manage...I have a goal...I want to be at least 50lbs thinner by April 21, my son's wedding.

:hungry: i have been eating nonstop for a while now and i am sooooo tired of it. i never thought i would be sick of food. i am a low bmi soon-to-be lapster and i am not allowed to lose any before my surgery on the 10th. i know...poor me, right, but it is a problem because i want to get used to a lower carb diet before my surgery and i can't risk it.

on the other hand...i am a litle scared, finally. i am very excited but i am really just dealing with the fact that it is surgery and i will be in mexico and away from my husband and kids and it is scary.:cry

also, this time next year i pray that i will be a skinny person. that is definetly something that i am looking soooo forward, too. Excited wins over scared.:)

Hello fellow November bandsters! I am to be banded November 8th and I can't wait!! I have a long way to go but I know I will make it!!

I got the results of my camera pill...it's a duodneal ulcer. So, I just have to take Prevacid and that should help. I got the ok for surgery on Thursday!! Which means that I won't be part of the November bandsters. :) But I'll definitely check in with you. Good luck to everyone!!

Amy, where in L.A. are you? Anywhere near the Ventura area?

Karen

I live in the South Bay and work in Beverly Hills...not so far depending on traffic!

I got the results of my camera pill...it's a du ulcer. So, I just have to take Prevacid and that should help. I got the ok for surgery on Thursday!! Which means that I won't be part of the November bandsters. :) But I'll definitely check in with you. Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Take that aloe vera juice...it heals!!!!

Hi, I'm in Melbourne Australia. I'm being banded on November 24th 2006

weight.png

Welcome !!!!!!!!!!! WOW! from Australia :-)

Hey there,

I'll be banded on November 20, 2006 with Dr. Huacuz in in Tijuana, Mexico... I'm currently 234 and my goal weight is 145.

I wish I had someone that was going the same day as I was so we could keep track of our progress......And thanks for the list, I'll remember the lip balm...

WOW, lots going on here while I was away!! I spent 8 hours on a train yesterday going to and from the required Nutrition Class at the hospital where I will be having surgery --- a TOTAL waste of time since I knew more about the LapBand (thanks to this group!), then the nutritionist who only knew about gastric bypass. ANYWAY, only one more "hoop" to go (the psych eval, next week---not so sure I will pass THAT one...:girl_hug:) and then surgery on the 8th! I can tell by the tone of the recent postings that we are all going through the same set of emotions, don't you think? I am so glad we can share them here and keep each other going. I learned yesterday how valuable the knowledge and encouragement we get here truly is!

Karen

Oh, and JDru...that is wonderful news that your problems were not more serious!! Hopefully you will heal fast and can be on your way to Band Land. Do you have a surgery date yet? Could you maybe make it into the November Bandsters by a "hair", like on the 30th or something?? Keep in touch with us! And Angela, thanks for the wonderful sounding recipe...sounds delicious and like something I would binge on...:faint:Is almond milk a "good for you" food? I don't believe I have ever seen it anywhere. Where do you get it? I can't wait to try this...can we have it soon after banding? Please???

Diana, you are among "similiars" on this thread: We all have similiar dates and our progress should fall into a similiar range. So even if there is no one having surgery on the same date as you, the rest of us here will be close by in progress and experience. You will not be alone! Keep posting and sharing... we are all in this together!

Karen

L8BloomR,

I hadn't read all the postings until today and I see there are about two other people having surgery the same day.... And thanks for your support.. Maybe you can let me know how it goes since you will going first...Good Luck!

Thanks Diana! Yes, I plan to post here as soon as I am able after surgery .... especially if all goes well and I am feeling good! Oh, and I'm glad you found some others here with the same surgury date; isn't this a great forum?