Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Lovely topic! :heh:

I noticed before I started at the gym, the arms and thighs were getting flabby. I've been going to the gym twice a week for almost 2 months and they are far less noticeable now and the upper arms actually have definition. I don't I'll ever be a muscle-god, but maybe not a flabby mess.

My ex-wife says I have "noassatall" disease. Seems the first place I lose it is there and I didn't have that large of one to begin with. (Probably from everyone chewing on it over the years!)

Some time ago, the doctor on Oprah mentioned that when a man loses 35 pounds, it's like gaining an inch "where it counts". Since 3/31 last year, I'm down 74 pounds, so I should be up 2". :clap2: At least another 35 pounds to go, so yet another inch. (I wonder if those exercises will help? :help: )

My boss at work (a woman) says her goal is to find a skinny guy that use to be fat. :omg:

Tom

Ha! I understand the concept. Something to do with depth. Probably counts for a woman's weight loss too. Gosh. I know a couple that just got banded together. They're gonna have a goood time.

Tom- why don't you have a ticker on your signature. I didn't know you had lost that much because you don't show how much. That is great. I will keep on trucking to get this weight off...................Chooo Chooooo!!!

I have seen lots of people that have lost 2 hundred pounds and they did loose in their arms. Everyone's body is different. You just have to work out................................darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE FUN WITH THE WORKOUTS BANDSTER PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

Tom- why don't you have a ticker on your signature. I didn't know you had lost that much because you don't show how much. That is great.

Vikki, I just added a signature to my profile but don't know how to add the ticker.

Lovely topic! :heh:

I noticed before I started at the gym, the arms and thighs were getting flabby. I've been going to the gym twice a week for almost 2 months and they are far less noticeable now and the upper arms actually have definition. I don't I'll ever be a muscle-god, but maybe not a flabby mess.

My ex-wife says I have "noassatall" disease. Seems the first place I lose it is there and I didn't have that large of one to begin with. (Probably from everyone chewing on it over the years!)

Some time ago, the doctor on Oprah mentioned that when a man loses 35 pounds, it's like gaining an inch "where it counts". Since 3/31 last year, I'm down 74 pounds, so I should be up 2". :clap2: At least another 35 pounds to go, so yet another inch. (I wonder if those exercises will help? :help: )

My boss at work (a woman) says her goal is to find a skinny guy that use to be fat. :omg:

Tom

So we get to lose our boobs and you get to add manliness! Freakin figures that that is how the world of men and women does indeed work! Yes, I saw that on Oprah too.

On the other note, the key is that you were firming it as it went. He said that once the skin is hanging, not the flab, it's too late.

Hey Tom--if you go to this address, it explains in detail how to post your ticker: www.lapbandtalk.com/get-ticker-your-t16218.html Hope that helps--we all want to see your ticker. Congrats on the great weight loss!! And Marni--I think most of mine is still flab, so I will keep at it! I am in the gym every day, so hopefully I will start seeing some results soon. I'm tired of my arm still waving after I stop!

So we get to lose our boobs and you get to add manliness! Freakin figures that that is how the world of men and women does indeed work! Yes, I saw that on Oprah too.

On the other note, the key is that you were firming it as it went. He said that once the skin is hanging, not the flab, it's too late.

Marni, life is not fair! You lose your breasts and didn't want to. And I still have my "man breasts" albeit a bit more saggy. :angry

Tom, Now that you have your ticker up there, your progress hit my eye. You are doing awesome. Congratulations!!!

We are all doing great. I just can't say enough about the wonders of the band!

Misty

Marni, life is not fair! You lose your breasts and didn't want to. And I still have my "man breasts" albeit a bit more saggy. :angry

Wow Tom..you have lost 50 lbs since the band?? lots more pre-op? WOW!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: awesome!!

Men lose weight so much faster than us women...that has always been the case...sigh.... but I am soooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hit my next goal...i have lost 40 lbs!!!!

For some reason yesterday I was really resttricted...it is so confusing...a few days ago i could eat anything...then stuck :girl_hug: then loose, then again stuck :girl_hug: then loose...OK so I decided to have a fill in April after mmy son's wedding instead of end of march...maybe it is best since i keep getting these restrictions out of the blue! I will make sure it is under fluoro to make sure band placement is ok.

Tom, Now that you have your ticker up there, your progress hit my eye. You are doing awesome. Congratulations!!!

We are all doing great. I just can't say enough about the wonders of the band!

Misty

Thanks, Misty. I didn't have an actual goal, per se, but the doctor and I said we'd shoot for 225 and go from there. I have a feeling that 210 is going to be more appropriate. My 18 year old son who is basically my height (6'3") is 210 and I think I'd be more comfortable at a comparable size.

Tom

Wow Tom..you have lost 50 lbs since the band?? lots more pre-op? WOW!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: awesome!!

Men lose weight so much faster than us women...that has always been the case...sigh.... but I am soooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Angela. Men lose weight more quickly as, at least in our own minds, we have more sex. :heh: (Hmm. I wonder if wearing wrist weights while "self loving" would increase the calories burned and help tone the arms????)

Since I hadn't been on a supervised weight loss program in YEARS, before I could qualify for the program, I had to go through one. As mentioned, I used the LEARN program and it did work well for me. I actually got down a few pounds less (when I met with the surgeon in August, I was 288 - 290 on 11/2 with surgery on 11/7) but cheated some once off the actual program. The surgeon, before he looked at my weight, couldn't figure out why I was there. With the pre-op weight loss, I was very close to the BMI cut-off.

Tom

I hit my next goal...i have lost 40 lbs!!!!

For some reason yesterday I was really resttricted...it is so confusing...a few days ago i could eat anything...then stuck :) then loose, then again stuck :) then loose...OK so I decided to have a fill in April after mmy son's wedding instead of end of march...maybe it is best since i keep getting these restrictions out of the blue! I will make sure it is under fluoro to make sure band placement is ok.

I understand the restricted issue. Today, I could hardly get V8 juice down. After 20 minutes, I did get 1/4 cup of no-fat cottage cheese down. I'm never able to eat anything I want and I sure pay the price if I don't eat slow and chew.

I have to "reposition" my food all too often and 9 times out of 10, it's because I didn't behave. I guess they don't count as calories if it doesn't stay down. (Of course, chocolate and ice cream are always OK!)

Tom

Thanks Angela. Men lose weight more quickly as, at least in our own minds, we have more sex. :heh: (Hmm. I wonder if wearing wrist weights while "self loving" would increase the calories burned and help tone the arms????)

Since I hadn't been on a supervised weight loss program in YEARS, before I could qualify for the program, I had to go through one. As mentioned, I used the LEARN program and it did work well for me. I actually got down a few pounds less (when I met with the surgeon in August, I was 288 - 290 on 11/2 with surgery on 11/7) but cheated some once off the actual program. The surgeon, before he looked at my weight, couldn't figure out why I was there. With the pre-op weight loss, I was very close to the BMI cut-off.

Tom

OMG Tom you are too much!!:faint: Does your son roll his eyes with your jokes? You are funny!