Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Hi everyone!

I am not doing anything I am suppose to do! I did take my Vitamin this afternoon and I am eating some tuna and a salad. I need to get in the groove of taking care of myself. I think it too could be some depression. Thank you for all your support. Oh and Yes I was a 12 pack of diet coke a day person and now...maybe one 20 oz a day.

Brooksie...i do not want to scare you but coke is really bad for your band and pouch. Please swith to Water and other low cal non-carbonated drinks. Also just so you know artificial sweetners besides being bad for health are not good to help lose weight, they actually slow weight loss.

Walking is good for depression and if you live in a place were winter is bad get one of those full spectrum lights that help with winter depression. Girl you just got engaged, you should be beaming!!! Make sure to take the sublingual B6, B!2 and Folic acid.... since you are not getting enough of these... a low level ofthese can depress you and/or make you nervous and anxious.

Hi everybody,

I got back from my vacation to Sedona with good news and bad news: The good news is that I had a wonderful time and could eat anything that I wanted, with no problems or restrictions..... the BAD news is that I could eat anything I wanted, with no problems or restrictions!! I came back with a 2-pound gain and a renewed appetite for things that I should not be having.... HELP!! :faint: It was also my birthday and now my office is being flooded with so many Christmas treats.... I am doomed!!

I am so impressed with all the posting here that shows you all being so careful and healthy. I want to get back to that place, but am scared it won't happen until after Christmas. I wonder how many pounds I will gain between now and then. My first fill isn't until Jan. 8!! Take my advice, don't let up on healthy eating for the holidays, it is so hard to go back once you stop!!

I am proud of you all for doing so well .... Could somebody please wire my jaws shut??

Karen

Hi everybody,

I got back from my vacation to Sedona with good news and bad news: The good news is that I had a wonderful time and could eat anything that I wanted, with no problems or restrictions..... the BAD news is that I could eat anything I wanted, with no problems or restrictions!! I came back with a 2-pound gain and a renewed appetite for things that I should not be having.... HELP!! :faint: It was also my birthday and now my office is being flooded with so many Christmas treats.... I am doomed!!

I am so impressed with all the posting here that shows you all being so careful and healthy. I want to get back to that place, but am scared it won't happen until after Christmas. I wonder how many pounds I will gain between now and then. My first fill isn't until Jan. 8!! Take my advice, don't let up on healthy eating for the holidays, it is so hard to go back once you stop!!

I am proud of you all for doing so well .... Could somebody please wire my jaws shut??

Karen

Karen I am soooooo glad you are back! Sedona...I envy you! www.sparkpeople.com has worked wonders for me keeping track of things. I have even indulged on Godiva truffles...2 of them 100 cals each, and little bites of Desserts etc. at parties. As long as I can stay within 800-1000 cals per day I seem to be fine! It also tracks Water, exercise, etc. try it I think it will help you get back on track! I'll call you soon!

Brooksie...i do not want to scare you but coke is really bad for your band and pouch. Please swith to Water and other low cal non-carbonated drinks. Also just so you know artificial sweetners besides being bad for health are not good to help lose weight, they actually slow weight loss.

Walking is good for depression and if you live in a place were winter is bad get one of those full spectrum lights that help with winter depression. Girl you just got engaged, you should be beaming!!! Make sure to take the sublingual B6, B!2 and Folic acid.... since you are not getting enough of these... a low level ofthese can depress you and/or make you nervous and anxious.

AngelaT...Thanks for all your advice, but I didn't just get engaged...you have me mixed up with someone else...I have been married for 19 years...LOL

AngelaT...Thanks for all your advice, but I didn't just get engaged...you have me mixed up with someone else...I have been married for 19 years...LOL

Oh you are right I do have you confused!!!!!!!!!:embarassed: Oh dear, my brain while I was sick was not working very well.

Hey, just a quick note on the lidocaine during a fill. When I went in for my first fill, they told me I could have a numbing shot or not, but that the shot was more painful than not having it. I didn't get the numbing shot, and really had no pain. Just a simple needle stick. And she fumbled around to find the port, but there was no pain involved......

But I made a big mistake. I stayed on mushy foods after I got my fill, and didn't think I had much restriction. Then I read that awesome article Woodys posted about how to know if you have enough fill...and realized I hadn't switched off of soft foods! Difficult foods are best. So yesterday, I tried to have a slightly overcooked (tough) chicken breast and raw veges for breakfast.....chew chew chew.....and could only get through half a breast and actually felt full!!!!!!!! I must be a slow learner....

Thanks for slow learning, it teaches the rest of us what to do . So after the first fill, wait a couple days then try regular foods. I know, lots of Protein, low carb, etc.... :nervous

OOOh, I finally have a ticker. I had my 2 week follow up. The doc seemed please. HE said I would start losing more weight after my fill which is scheduled for 1/11. I can't believe how much less I eat these days tho it was concerning that I still make some really bad choices. Still sneak a sweet every now and then. I had a holiday party that I did okay. I ate more then I thought I should or could but it was like snacking for 3 hours.....The holidays are tough!

It looks like everyone is doing well. Yes, chicken breast is no good. Feels like I am trying to swallow a gold ball! It is amazing, when you are full you are full. I was having some difficulty swallowing something so I thought some Water would work. HA! I had a blockage topped by water!

Happy Holidays to all!

weight.png

Hey I thought this might be good. Well the dish itself is GREAT! I imagine you can use splenda instead of Sugar. It is FANTASTIC! Great for the whole mushies thing! I mean awesome! Let me know if any of you try it! It is sweet and healthy, go figure!

:hungry: :clap2:

http://www.copykat.com/index.php?option=com_rapidrecipe&page=viewrecipe&recipe_id=931&Itemid=28

I agree, I was hungry most the time until I added the Protein Powder. In the morning I make a 20oz drink consisting of 1 12oz Atkins Protein Shake, 8 oz skim milk and 1 scoop of Protein powder. I drink this slowly throughout the day when I am at work and it really seam to help me with the hunger. dinner at evening time is the time I seam to be hungry the most. I have not figured that one out yet. That use to be my biggest meal of the day and it could all be in my mind. I was banded on Nov 3oth and still on liquids with addition of oatmeal, scrambled eggs, grits, mashed potatoes, refired Beans in addition to a few other items. Regular food does not come into play with my diet until Dec 28th and my first fill will be on Jan 4th. Doctors vary greatly on diets. Not sure why.

Banded Nov 30th.

Tom in Dallas

I agree, I was hungry most the time until I added the Protein powder. In the morning I make a 20oz drink consisting of 1 12oz Atkins Protein Shake, 8 oz skim milk and 1 scoop of protein powder. I drink this slowly throughout the day when I am at work and it really seam to help me with the hunger. dinner at evening time is the time I seam to be hungry the most. I have not figured that one out yet. That use to be my biggest meal of the day and it could all be in my mind. I was banded on Nov 3oth and still on liquids with addition of oatmeal, scrambled eggs, grits, mashed potatoes, refired Beans in addition to a few other items. Regular food does not come into play with my diet until Dec 28th and my first fill will be on Jan 4th. Doctors vary greatly on diets. Not sure why.

Banded Nov 30th.

Tom in Dallas

Tom, blend a little chicken into a Soup with veggies...still liquid and youa re getting protein which you really need.... as long as you can drink it with a straw it considered a liquid...besides you are already doing mushies, it's just thta they are mostly carbs! Carbs make you hungry. good luck. I blended Soups since week 2.

I am the one who just got engaged!!!

But I am not feeling that great either...

I havent been on here in a while, I think that I my downer moods are keeping me away

I am the one who just got engaged!!!

But I am not feeling that great either...

I havent been on here in a while, I think that I my downer moods are keeping me away

vegge,

Sorry to hear you are not well...I understand...I have been sick and just getting back to normal. Winter is hard on people...colds, depression, etc. Hope you look at all the positive in your life ... try to get as much daylight as possible it helps.:P

Where is everyone? Gosh, I would think we would have soooo much to say! Well I guess we are busy through the holidays! Hey, didn't someone here mention the muscle milk? Wow, It is great! Visit their website, call them and ask for samples. They are sending me every flavor of their ready to drink drinks and Protein stuff. I tell you it's like drinking a milkshake! www.champbev.com. I have a number if you can't find it. But really nice of them.

:clap2: