Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Prayers to you, FullofGrace.

I just had my first fill Monday, and although it's not a lot of restriction, it's enough that it works when I work it. And for now, that's just enough of a boost to make it all possible....something I was never successful doing on my own. You'll find after the fill that you like the feeling of being full and you don't want to let Water push the food through and make you hungry again. I found it was easier to be mindful and compliant. big talk for a person who's had a fill for all of 48 hours, eh? Ha! It does help with everything, though.

Honey, take it easy on yourself. If food makes you feel better... that is what we will turn to. Losing a parent is horrible. There will come a time soon enough when you have to scrap it toether and worry about losing weight and life in general. I say greive.. have a small slice of cheese cake.. just care for yourself.

The only way I can describe it, is when my dad died, I felt like that little girl again... it was horrible. If cheesecake made it better, even temporarly.. I would have done it.

My suggestion.. don't over do it... love yourself... be good to yourself... now and tommorrow!

Misty

So when some of you say you can't eat certain foods, what happens? Is it immediate like the fur ball thing or do you get upset stomachs later? I'm not sure what to look for with disagreeing foods.....

I've been banded 2 weeks, and I'm starving!!! I'm eating a million little meals a day - Soup and shakes, but I'm still hungry. The bad part is I now know I can eat things like chicken mcnuggets and have no problems. And I'm still supposed to be on liquids. I'm trying, but boy I can't wait for my fill - and it's still a month away!

I am curious what you guys mean by that too. I haven't had a bad experience yet and wonder what it is like once you discover that you can't eat that? Do you throw up and if you throw up is it instant or do you just know and go to the bathroom? Do you hack it up? Do you get a hurt in your esophegus and want to throw up? Let us new bandsters know what signs to know a food is a no no.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Hi Vicki. Here's a reprint from my "one trial learning".

YUCK! I've been doing well, BUT yesterday I was out running errands for a LONG time and was truly hungry. I bought a chicken breast fully intending to chew a few bites until liquid. Got distracted...took a bite...swallowed...and oy vay!!!!!! Wouldn't go down. Wouldn't come up. Pain! Thought I was going to be unable to breathe. Stood up...no help. Coughed and tried to burp. No help. Sweat pouring off me. Red faced. Started producing slime the consistency of Jello. I was sure someone would come over and try to Heimlich me, but people made a point of loking away. OMG!!!!! 10 minutes later it finally went through. WOW!!!! What punishment! Now that's one trial learning. I have been soooo good today.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Dani-I was the same way. All I can tell you is do what you can. Practice like you have restriction, when you can. If we could have done it without restriction, we wouldn't have needed the band! I kept reading how good some people were being, and I wasn't able to maintain that good behavior. What helped me the most was the Protein Powder Muscle Milk Light. It is so hearty! And so tasty! Someone wise here said it's a marathon, not a sprint. Study, practice, think about it, and ready yourself for that first fill. I had mine Monday and it makes all the difference.

Thanks Betsy. I remember reading that before. That is chicken but what about breads. Do they do that also. I haven't had any bread yet but nibbled on a cookie. Can you eat tortillas or any kind of breads and if you can how do you eat them? Small tiny bites and chew up real good. Wash down with liquid? Thanks

Anything not chewed well can get stuck, or come back up, or just hurt. I guess the other issue for me is whether I want to get many of my nutrients from carbs. I'm so new at this, but having just had my first fill, it took me all day to just get in my Proteins, veges and a little fruit. Might just be me, but I don't feel as well on carbs anyway, so they're my last choice. Besides I mostly like the carbs that are high calorie! :-)

I've been banded 2 weeks, and I'm starving!!! I'm eating a million little meals a day - Soup and shakes, but I'm still hungry. The bad part is I now know I can eat things like chicken mcnuggets and have no problems. And I'm still supposed to be on liquids. I'm trying, but boy I can't wait for my fill - and it's still a month away!

aDD Protein TO THE Soups AND MAKE SEMI-MUSHIES...BLEND SOUPS BUT NOT all the way. I had to do it and it was OK

Hi Everyone,

I had my first fill yesterday. 4cc's in my 10cc VG band. I went to Dr. Allen in Denver and was very impressed with his knowledge of the band as well as his great bedside manner. Most important, he takes Mexico patients and doesnt make you feel like a freak for going to Mexico for the procedure. He does all fills under fluoro. It was great to see my band and the port and know that everything is in the right position. I dont know about restriction yet as he has me on liquids for 3 days.

One very important thing he told me was that he didnt think i would have the amount of restriction i want/need until i am at 6 or 7 cc's full but that he wont go from a zero fill to a full fill because our heads need time to adjust to the new rules of band eating. He said if needed i can get another fill in 6 to 8 wks and he will take me up to 6 or 7cc's then.

I will update in a few days on restriction... i can tell there is a little now from the liquids i am drinking but i suspect that is from the stomach swelling alittle after a fill.

Kim

Hi,

My name is Carol and I have been lurking here for awhile. I was banded 11/27 without any problems. The last few days I have been feeling kind of blah because all of a sudden I was able to eat just about anything I wanted and I did. Yesterday, I deceided that this thing is mind over matter and I had to do something to get back on track.So, I read every letter from the November group.You all are so amazing and inspirational to me. I woke up this morning with a new attitude and feeling like I could conquer the world. Thank you all so much for being there for me, even if you didn't know I was around.

Carol

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen!

Well, it's not a Monday update...but it's an update! And, in my eyes you are all doing GREAT!!! Yes, it may be a little slower then what some of you were expecting, but you are making changes. Think back to where you were before the surgery. I KNOW that you cannot tell me that you are in the same place today that you were then. Guess what...little changes still are CHANGES, and in the end - they'll all add up to something great for each one of us.

Here's my perfect example...what may be one or two, 10 or 20 pounds for you equals 927.9 for this November group! Yes, NINE HUNDRED TWENTY_SEVEN AND NINE TENTHS POUNDS!!!! (Of course a few had a little jump start like Kee!) scale victories (SV) are great. But more importantly...look to the little changes - the nonscale victories (NSV). How many of you are more aware of what you're eating (even if it's the wrong foods) then you were before? How many of you are doing more (walking, cleaning, cooking vs. carryout) then before? How many of you have noticed that maybe the scale hasn't moved, but your waist line has? And as Carol, who use to be a lurker :grouphug: has just stated, you're inspirational to those who are newly banded or still waiting there turn...such as me. Stay encouraged, because from my end - You're looking good!

Now that my little sermonette is over...here's my update... If I've missed anyone, or any changes, please let me know!

BANDED - 10/26 Jdru (Jessica) 218/199.4/135 Dr. Hansen (Honorary Nov Bandster)

BANDED - 11/1 KristiB 237/214/150 Dr. Benavides

11/1 melany72 Dr. Hargroder

BANDED - 11/1 frogger2479 Dr. Spivak

BANDED - 11/2 DeniseC (Denise) 226/216/130 Dr. Carbonell

BANDED - 11/2 CJay 345/296.5/??? Dr. Huacuz

BANDED - 11/2 prbrooksie 252/232/150 Dr. Malley

BANDED - 11/2 Kym828 (Kim) 278/262/175 Dr. Ortiz

BANDED - 11/2 KYcat74 283/268/138 Dr. Rodriguez

BANDED - 11/2 pebbles4388 249/236/150

BANDED - 11/3 Mikkozoe 265/252/180 Dr. Monterray

BANDED - 11/3 Jess333 (Jessica ("Lil" Red)) 278/259/150 Dr. Ortiz

11/3 Mewton (Melissa) Dr. Ortiz

BANDED - 11/3 Fitzgerald goal: -80, down 17

BANDED - 11/6 Lady Janey 230/206/120 Dr. Bessler

BANDED - ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:Street w:st=<st1:address w:st="on">11/6 Lois Lane</st1:address></st1:Street> goal: -100, down 9.5

BANDED - 11/6 Strangercat (Maureen) ???/238/???Dr. Ren

BANDED - 11/7 hadituptohere (Kim) 272/249/175 Dr. Fass

BANDED - 11/7 AngelaT (Angela) 225/208/150 Dr. Aceves

BANDED - 11/7 slagermom (Monica) 225/217/195/??? Dr. Aceves

BANDED - 11/7 Oberhasli (Tom) goal???, down 16.5lbs Dr. Makami

BANDED - 11/7 Jackye 225/208/150-45 Dr. Rumbaut

BANDED - 11/8 L8BloomR (Karen) goal: -105, down 27 Dr. Francis

BANDED - 11/8 dpingl goal: 242/221/150 Dr. Hoehn

BANDED - 11/8 niecyrenee goal: -232, down 41 Dr. Pitt

BANDED - 11/8 donamarie Dr. Tishler

BANDED - 11/8 Kickiegirl 302/280/160

BANDED - 11/9 Keekahari (Kee) 278/228/175 Dr. Moazzez

11/9 W8onGod Dr. Rodriguez

BANDED - 11/9 mistynails (Kim) 306.4/285/171 Dr. Speigal

BANDED - 11/9 Crystalstar11 goal: -165, down 52

BANDED - 11/9 wp84

BANDED - 11/10 FullofGRACE goal: -???, down 27 Dr. Curry

BANDED - 11/11 Page001 Dr. Kuri

BANDED - 11/13 Lea 220/206/130 Dr. Cirangle

11/13 swilborn (Sherrie) Size 22/???/140 Dr. Rodriquez

BANDED - 11/13 Betsyjane 240/225/140 Dr. Spivak

BANDED - 11/14 ahaizlip (Amy) goal: 277/263/148 Dr. Liu

BANDED - 11/14 QTkidsmom

11/14 yyev (Yyvonne)

BANDED - BettyBoo9137 288/288/??? Dr. Atkinson

BANDED - 11/15 tropicaljill (jill) 238/215/160

BANDED - 11/15 Mel (Melissa) 253/231/145

BANDED - 11/15 sg_sg

11/15 TBaileyRN

11/15 Zana goal: -120

BANDED - 11/16 Asmallerchick (Kelly) goal: -200, down 11 Dr. Aceves

BANDED - 11/16 Mrs.832 281/269/150Dr. Spiegel

BANDED - 11/17 terrimck1 (Terri) 260/245/175

BANDED - 11/20 Diana_G 234/228/145 Dr. Huacuz

BANDED - 11/20 Randi 252/244/231/150-70 Dr. Pilcher

BANDED - 11/20 Veggestyle (Cassandra) 276/255/150 Dr. M

BANDED - 11/20 Sunsreturn 285/262/170 Dr. Ortiz

BANDED - 11/20 NewLife06 (Carol) 290/271/140 Dr. Treen

BANDED - 11/20 apinksoprano 245/226/130

11/20 Jeffslove

11/20 Laurba

BANDED - 11/21 Jess02 (Jess) 193/190/188/130 Dr. Rumbaut

BANDED - 11/22 MistyArmenti 315/295/200 Drs. Pucci

BANDED - 11/22 She Smiles 108.1kg/107.5kg/70kg

BANDED - 11/23 kathyinca (Kathy) 234/223/150 Dr. Ortiz

11/24 aussie_bandit 153kg/153kg/75kg

BANDED - 11/24 Vikki goal: -???, down 10<O:p></O:p>

11/27 Becka 280/280/146

BANDED - 11/27 CarMVitz (Carol)

BANDED - 11/27 Marni

BANDED - 11/27 Melanie goal: -100, down 18

11/27 NewStart

BANDED - 11/28 MPJ (Michael) 289/278/165 Dr. Huacuz

BANDED - 11/28 Yvonne goal: -???, down 10

BANDED -11/29 DaniKLargo 235/219/140 Dr. Perez

BANDED - 11/29 misschrissie67 (Chrissie) 380/366.6/199 Dr. Fisher

BANDED - 11/29 sandiegokj (Karen) 258/243/123 Dr. Owens

11/29 CherylB

BANDED - 11/30 texas75218 (Tom) 320/310/220 Dr. Jayaseelan

11/30 Khrissy 273/267/150 Dr. Joffe

BANDED - 11/30 sissybubbie Dr. White

Waiting on a date, Honorary November Bandsters:

Helensmith 213/205/125 (Doc says 113) Dr. Li

alix_1 (Alix) 222/222/140 Dr. Cirangle (Dr. change)

Aza 321/314/165 (December?)

Inner_me (Chris) 350/344/200 Dr. Kane, Jr. (December?)

Chris

Wow!! That is an incredible stat...over 900 pounds! Keep up the good work everyone...I still visit here every once and awhile. :grouphug:

Hi,

My name is Carol and I have been lurking here for awhile. I was banded 11/27 without any problems. The last few days I have been feeling kind of blah because all of a sudden I was able to eat just about anything I wanted and I did. Yesterday, I deceided that this thing is mind over matter and I had to do something to get back on track.So, I read every letter from the November group.You all are so amazing and inspirational to me. I woke up this morning with a new attitude and feeling like I could conquer the world. Thank you all so much for being there for me, even if you didn't know I was around.

Carol

Hi Carol and welcome!

I agree with you about it being mind over matter, until we get our "fills" adjusted to perfection I think we should still "act as if", thats what I've been doing and I'm amazed at the positive results!!