Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I thought that I would share some good news with all of you! I got engaged this weekend!!! My boyfriend of nearly two years proposed to me on Saturday at a German Christmas Market in downtown Chicago! We are planning on getting married next December! Yay!!! :D:)

Congratulations!!! That is fantastic! You are going to look great in your wedding dress!! :biggrin1: Be sure and post pics!!!

I had chicken mcnuggets the other day and they went down fine. How depressing! BUT I only had 6 and no fries - I used to gobble 10 plus a large fry, so I guess that's a plus. Still a month until my first fill. but mostly sticking with liquids and mushies. Only cheating a little, although creamy Soups are going to be my downfall. :hungry: I'm starting to crave things I never really even ate before - like sausage and eggs - I think it's a sign I'm not doing so great with the Protein? Anyway - congrats to everyone, and hang in there!

I GOT MY FIRST FILL THIS MORNING!!!! She had to wiggle the needle around to find my port, and I was surprised---it didn't hurt at all!!!!!! She put in 1cc and then I drank barium and we watched it fun right through the band. so she added .6cc more and we did it again. This time the barium filled up the little stomach and backed up, and then slowly spritzed through the band. That was it. She just said to come back when I stop losing weight.

I talked with everyone getting fills in the waiting room, and to the staff, and they said tyhat almost everybody goes back to eating too much and the srong things when a fill is needed, and especially the first fill. They also said the first fill usually doesn't last long...it gets absorbed into the dry band. The second fill usually stays put. Whatever.... And now it's back to work eating like a skinny person again. Woo Hoo!

today i had my first (and hopefully last... but somehow i doubt it...) PB.

it was so peculiar.... at first i thought what i had a bite of was too dry, so i sipped some coffee.... and then about 10 min later i had a 2nd bite...... and it was all still stuck in my throat.....

i remembered what everyone wrote about what it is, so i didnt't panic... but i still didnt know it was a PB. it took at least 10 min.... the whole time i didn't know what to do with myself.. i was at work... so i started walking around a bit, kept trying to swallow... i almost asked for a hymleck manouver.... lol..... still i wasn't panicked, because i work in a hospital and my co-workers were near by if i needed to anounce anything.... not that i could really talk

in the end i went to the bathroom, at the point where i could tell it was about to come out... coughed ever so slightly and there it was......

ew!!!

i couldn't shake the bizarre feeling for a while...... i wasn't sure if it was going to happen again or not..... needless to say i threw my Breakfast in the garbage!!!

i also wondered if it could have been because i may have still been full from the night before...... i had a very late dinner......

just needed to vent. thanks.

:sick

Hi my name is Karen and I'm a November bandster I had my surgery on 11/29

in Long Beach, California. My Doctors name is Owens.

My starting weight 258, I did a five day liquid diet before surgery lost 8 lbs gained it back (have no idea how) left Hospital at 259, lost 14 pounds my first week now have gained back 4?????

I'm still on a liguid diet!! Has anybody else had this kind of weight fluctuation?

weight.png

Hi...there are some new Nov. bandsters going to the one i started asking for Nov. bandsters....I guided them here... so welcome ahead of time!

Hi, I'm a new November Bandster (11/29):help: How do I join?:)

weight.png

Since you all are new with the band I have a question? I was banded last Fri 11/24 and every time I try to get Soup or anything down I get a very sharp pain in my left shoulder. Is it because when I put something in my stomach it is releasing the gas that went into my body during surgery??

I am not sure what it is? Do you have any info or has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Vikki

Hi Vikki,

I'm a new Bandster 11/29- and yes I have had a pain go up through my insides, until it reached my left shoulder- Sorry I can't tell you why, I didn't realize anybody else was feeling it too.

weight.png

OH! Just remembered - I also put on a pound so it's like every old diet all over again - lose some then put it all back on and then some more.

Yvonne

x

Hi Yvonne-

My name is Karen and I was banded on the 29th of November.

Girl I hear you about this being like any other diet, 5 off 4 on what is the deal with that? I have been on liquids, MAYBE 600 calories a day and I put on 3 pounds yesterday!! UGHHH makes me want to scream!!

I'm having my first fill on the 21st of December. Why do you have to wait so long? That doesn't seem right!! good luck to you

weight.png

today i had my first (and hopefully last... but somehow i doubt it...) PB.

it was so peculiar.... at first i thought what i had a bite of was too dry, so i sipped some coffee.... and then about 10 min later i had a 2nd bite...... and it was all still stuck in my throat.....

i remembered what everyone wrote about what it is, so i didnt't panic... but i still didnt know it was a PB. it took at least 10 min.... the whole time i didn't know what to do with myself.. i was at work... so i started walking around a bit, kept trying to swallow... i almost asked for a hymleck manouver.... lol..... still i wasn't panicked, because i work in a hospital and my co-workers were near by if i needed to anounce anything.... not that i could really talk

in the end i went to the bathroom, at the point where i could tell it was about to come out... coughed ever so slightly and there it was......

ew!!!

i couldn't shake the bizarre feeling for a while...... i wasn't sure if it was going to happen again or not..... needless to say i threw my breakfast in the garbage!!!

i also wondered if it could have been because i may have still been full from the night before...... i had a very late dinner......

just needed to vent. thanks.

:sick

Sometimes it is better to start the day with liquid.... Protein Shakes are great!

Hi Yvonne-

My name is Karen and I was banded on the 29th of November.

Girl I hear you about this being like any other diet, 5 off 4 on what is the deal with that? I have been on liquids, MAYBE 600 calories a day and I put on 3 pounds yesterday!! UGHHH makes me want to scream!!

I'm having my first fill on the 21st of December. Why do you have to wait so long? That doesn't seem right!! good luck to you

Don't forget at firsdt you can retain Water and also if you have not had a BM it will make you gain weight....it is best not to weigh yourself every day. once a week is OK. also vary the number of cals...600 all the time is not good....too low and the body thinks it is in starvation mode. Make sure you also are getting the amouint of Protein you need.

How is everyone doing with all the Holiday foods showing up? If you are on mushies it's ok to have tiny little tastes of some soft foods... I have and still lost another pound! I will be glad to have the season end in Jan. so I can really concentrate on my weight loss.

Good luck to everyone!

HAppy Holidays!!!!!!!:)

Hi my name is Karen and I'm a November bandster I had my surgery on 11/29

in Long Beach, California. My Doctors name is Owens.

My starting weight 258, I did a five day liquid diet before surgery lost 8 lbs gained it back (have no idea how) left Hospital at 259, lost 14 pounds my first week now have gained back 4?????

I'm still on a liguid diet!! Has anybody else had this kind of weight fluctuation?

Oh my goodness YES! I was banded on 11/29 also. My last weigh in was at 255 at the drs. office. I did liquid diet for 1 week. My last weight was 260. One week after surgery I went down to 238. I went up to 244, now back down to 242. Now, I can't figure out HOW I COULD GAIN WEIGHT???????

Oh my goodness YES! I was banded on 11/29 also. My last weigh in was at 255 at the drs. office. I did liquid diet for 1 week. My last weight was 260. One week after surgery I went down to 238. I went up to 244, now back down to 242. Now, I can't figure out HOW I COULD GAIN WEIGHT???????

Don't forget at first there is alot of Water weigh loss! Also make sure you are doing high Protein, low carb and water! If you are sensitive to dairy which most adults are use soy milk or almond milk. allergies can make you gain weight. Good luck!:)

I have been on liquids and even the low carb Protein Drinks. You would think the weight would be flying off but its not. I am diabetic so the doc says it is harder to loose the weight.

I have been told that the goal at this stage is to heal. Once that is done and you get fills to adjust the band so you can eat foods and feel full and loosing 2 to 3 lbs a month. I did loose 10lbs on the pre-op diet but not much since then.

Tom