Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Hey Swillborn,

For awhile I didnt know how much I weighed either, until recently, with all of the doctors appointments getting ready for the surgery...I am also a size 20/22. I dont think it is that strange. Good luck to you!:cool:

I'm new here too. I am having surgery next Thursday. I am excited, but nervous. I just got my EKG done and my blood work. Oh...plus paid everyone...16,000

Thank you for the welcome:o We will have to watch out for eachother. I read about all the positive and negative things that can happen and I try to concentrate on the positive and know that any negative can be changed and turned around. I know this will help me change my life. Good to know there are others going through it too.

Hello,

I'm a November bandster. My surgery date is Nov 21 with Dr. Rambuat in Monterrey Mexico. No Thanksgiving for me this year, but that's OK. I can live without a huge meal this year. I'm really excited to start this new chapter. I only need to do a 3 day liquid diet so that should be easy enough. Good luck to all of us!

Jess

Hello Everyone,

I am scheduled for Nov. 3rd in Mexico with Dr. Oritiz. I started my pre-op diet last Friday and I am struggling through...it's amazing how many of us are out there and in the same situation.

I just signed up today so please help me navigate....are there any long time bandsters out there that can over some helpful insights into how you manage on a daily basis? What are the most common problems people seem to have? What are the worst things to look out for?

Maybe this is the wrong thread for all these questions since NOVEMBER hasn't happened yet...but I'm just getting nervous:phanvan

Thanks,

Jessica (Big Red....soon to be little red)

Hey Jess02, I'm with you. My B-day is on the 21st so no cake or pumkin pie this year. I figure I'm giving myself a better gift. :) I just feel sorta bad for my mom. She likes to show her love with cooking (her cooking is not why I'm fat) if I ate her food all the time I'd be okay. It's Mr. McDonald's food that is the trouble..:) But she asked what she should make for the holidays and I told her to make what she will and I'll work around it. She's happy for me. I've just got to keep saying this time next year I'll have a great thx giving and have to ask for clothes for x-mas..:ban:

Welcome to all the new November Bandsters---you have come to the right place! There are many here who are going to Mexico for their bands, so you wil have plenty of company and lots to share with each other. Also, don't forget to go to the Main Lap Band Forums section to see all the other topics for advice and information. There is a great thread on what to bring and what to have on hand pre-and post-op... check it out!! Again, WELCOME and let's all keep posting and encouraging each other!

Karen

Hello to all the soon to be November Bandsters! Our list is growing...

Yes, Angela and Karen, I said LIST...LOL...and you thought we weren't listening. Out of sheer boredom, I created the list you ladies were discussing. I hope I have it all down. If I'm missing anyone, or any of the information is incorrect, please let me know. :)

Angela, I don't know if you want to edit your first post to include this or not. Maybe that way, we'd have a central location to go to for review...

So, here it is, from what I was able to gather....

10/26 Jdru (Jessica) 215/215/125 Dr. Hansen (Honorary Nov Bandster)

11/1 melany72 Dr. Hargroder

11/1 frogger2479 Dr. Spivak

11/2 DeniseC (Denise) 226/206/130 Dr. Carbonell

11/2 CJay 345/345/??? Dr. Huacuz

11/2 prbrooksie 252/237/150 Dr. Malley

11/2 Kym828 (Kim) 278/278/175 Dr. Ortiz

11/2 KYcat74 283/283/138 Dr. Rodriguez

11/2 pebbles4388 249/240/150

11/3 Jess333 (Jessica ("Lil" Red)) 278/???/150 Dr. Ortiz

11/3 Mewton (Melissa) Dr. Ortiz

11/6 Lois Lane goal: -100, down 3

11/6 Strangercat (Maureen) Dr. Ren

11/7 hadituptohere (Kim) 272/257/175 Dr. Fass

11/7 AngelaT (Angela) 225/221/150 Dr. Aceves

11/7 Jackye 225/225/150-45 Dr. Rumbaut

11/8 L8BloomR (Karen) goal: -105, down 5 Dr. Francis

11/8 dpingl goal: -92 Dr. Hoehn

11/8 niecyrenee goal: -232, down 15 Dr. Pitt

11/9 Keekahari (Kee) 280/245/175 Dr. Moazzez

11/9 W8onGod Dr. Rodriguez

11/9 Crystalstar11 goal: -165, down 41

11/10 FullofGRACE Dr. Curry

11/10 alix_1 (Alix) 222/222/140 Dr. Garza

11/11 Page001

11/13 swilborn (Sherrie) Size 22/???/140 Dr. Rodriquez

11/13 Betsyjane Dr. Spivak

11/13 Keekahari (Kee) 278/245/175

11/14 ahaizlip (Amy) goal: -129 Dr. Liu

11/15 tropicaljill 238/238/160

11/17 Asmallerchick (Kelly) goal: -200 Dr. Aceves

11/20 Diana_G 234/234/145 Dr. Huacuz

11/20 Veggestyle 275/?/150 Dr. M

11/20 Sunsreturn 284/284/1?? Dr. Ortiz

11/20 Jeffslove

11/20 Laurba

11/21 Jess02 (Jess) 193/193/130 Dr. Rumbaut

11/24 aussie_bandit 153kg/153kg/75kg

11/29 DaniKLargo 234/227/140 Dr. Perez

11/30 Inner_me (Chris) 350/350/200 Dr. Cahill

11/30 Khrissy 273/273/150 Dr. Joffe

Waiting on a date:

Helensmith 213/205/125 (Doc says 113) Dr. Li

Aza 321/314/165 Honorary November Bandster (December?)

Chris

CHRIS--- YOU ARE SOOOOO AWESOME!!!! I can't believe you did this--- it is so great!! Thank you for doing it---we are now the coolest month of the year!!:) You did a great job and I am so impressed. I'm sure everyone here will find this so helpful. Thank you again--- and extra "Brownie points" to YOU!!:)

Karen

Awwwweeee...now you have me blushing...LOL.

Well based on dates, looks like I'm the "baby" of the bunch...and you know us babies...we're always trying to get attention somehow.

Chris

WOW...that is amazing. I had no idea there would be so many. Thank you for doing this....by the by....my stats are 278/???/150. I am waiting til Friday to actually see if the silly shakes worked for the first week.

Thanks again,

Jessica

:) "Lil" Red"