Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much fill is in your VG 11 cm band

I have 5 cc in a VG band, and I feel only a teensy bit of restriction. I see the doctor again this week and am going to request a bit more. I would characterize the way I feel after a meal as a 'soft landing' -- just a little bit of discomfort if I eat more than I should. Last night for dinner I had 1/2 of half a large chicken breast and an ear of sweet corn with a little (1/2c) salad. I'd had some shrimp appetizer earlier. I did feel a little uncomfortable for a while after dinner. I'd like to get the signal to stop a bit earlier than I do. I am losing weight, a bit slower than I'd like to.

I have 5 cc in my VG band. I agree totally with GE Mom. I feel the same way. I wish my tummy would signal that I was fuller sooner rather than after the meal (I know I am eating WAY too much right now). I am going in for another fill on Monday. My doc said this is common.

Took 7 cc before I felt restriction. Also, it took about 3 weeks before my fill tightend all the way up, it was strange but it did take a bit of time. Now I can only eat about a 1/2 a cup of food at a time. Can not eat any kind of bread or tortillas now either.

Took 7 cc before I felt restriction. Also, it took about 3 weeks before my fill tightend all the way up, it was strange but it did take a bit of time. Now I can only eat about a 1/2 a cup of food at a time. Can not eat any kind of bread or tortillas now either.

Thanks BeacheeGirl! I was wondering how long it might take to get any restriction. When I rec'd the first fill, I felt it imemdiately, but then by the following week it was gone. Sigh. Does anyone know why it takes a while to sometimes kick in or tighten?

Also, this may sound dumb, but what happens if you get your band totally filled and you lose weight and shrink your tummy, thereby losing restriction? What happens then? Do you need a smaller band? This is all SO confusing...and a teensy bit frustrating.... :confused: THANKS for the info!!

-Heather

I got my first fill last week - she put in 3 ccs, but I was gurgleing a lot drinking Water after that, so she took out .5. So, I'm at 2.5 and I think I am going to stay here for a while. I feel restriction, and I'm losing.

I have the VG Band and I am at my personal goal. It took about 7/8 fills and 1 unfill to reach proper restriction. I have 8.0ccs in my band and I am going for an unfill next week. It's been nice but normally I lose some of my restriction after I lose 15-20lbs but since I'm at goal and don't plan on losing anymore, it's been hard.

One thing that I am still learning is that we must change our way of thinking and how we look at food. I don't know how I'm going to react with a lesser fill than I have now but I do no I must commit to my band because it has committed to me over the last 15 months.

Restriction will come but while you're waiting do what you need to do to change your eating habits. The band is not guaranteed to last as much as we want it to so it's up to us. This is a process I am still learning.

Best wishes to you all.