Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Profile Port

Every now and then, I see a post by someone talking about a low profile port. I've done an Internet search, but I can't find any information on this type of port. Is there another name for it?

Hi Randi,

Just for kicks, I went looking around the Internet and found a few mentions of the low profile port, but no information to explain or describe it. Curious, huh?

Jo Ann

Randi,

Look at the inamed website. inamed/lapband/low profile and pull up #5. It isn't an actual name but it should be of some help.

Josephine

Randi,

Look at the inamed website. inamed/lapband/low profile and pull up #5. It isn't an actual name but it should be of some help.

Josephine

Josephine,

Is this the site you're referencing: http://inamed.com/site/ ?

Hi Randi,

Just for kicks, I went looking around the Internet and found a few mentions of the low profile port, but no information to explain or describe it. Curious, huh?

Jo Ann

Jo Ann,

I know. From the instant I heard about the possibility of a low profile port, I've been seeing what I can find on the Internet. About the closest I've gotten is that Dr. Spivak installs them for an additional $700.

I'll chat with the office when I go for my fill on the 19th. Maybe I can learn something or be directed to where I can get more information.

Jo Ann

I have the low profile port. My band is 9.75 and holds 4 cc's. The low profile port is the size of a dime where the regular port size is the size of a quarter. I had a Tummy Tuck years ago and therefore my stomach is still really flat. I had concerns about the port showing through so I inquired about the low profile port. My doctor confirmed me needing it but it was like $700 more as I was self pay. It is pretty tiny compared to the regular size port.

I hope this answers your question

Nope it's real, I have the same one. It also says it on the packaging the port comes in. It's the size of a dime and very small. I love it, but it can be a little harder to find so always use fluro.

I'll chat with the office when I go for my fill on the 19th. Maybe I can learn something or be directed to where I can get more information.

Jo Ann

Thanks, Jo Ann.

I have the low profile port. My band is 9.75 and holds 4 cc's. The low profile port is the size of a dime where the regular port size is the size of a quarter. I had a Tummy Tuck years ago and therefore my stomach is still really flat. I had concerns about the port showing through so I inquired about the low profile port. My doctor confirmed me needing it but it was like $700 more as I was self pay. It is pretty tiny compared to the regular size port.

I hope this answers your question

Were you banded by Dr. Spivak in Houston? I've been all over that Inamed site and the two ports listed look to be the same size to me -- from the top and the side.

Randi,

No, I live in Arlington Texas and was banded 30 minutes away by Dr. Robert Snow in Hurst, Texas at the surgery center. He has a reputation for being quite aggressive. Meaning he lets you get filled up pretty quick. I had my 2nd fill today after waiting only 2 weeks. Are you having a hard time finding a Doctor that will give you a low profile port? Just curious.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

starting over

Randi,

No, I live in Arlington Texas and was banded 30 minutes away by Dr. Robert Snow in Hurst, Texas at the surgery center. He has a reputation for being quite aggressive. Meaning he lets you get filled up pretty quick. I had my 2nd fill today after waiting only 2 weeks. Are you having a hard time finding a Doctor that will give you a low profile port? Just curious.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

starting over

Starting Over,

I haven't met with my surgeon yet, but I had the opportunity to feel a regular sized port that was implanted in one of the surgery group's patient. To me, it felt hard as a rock and was huge. So, I've been trying to find information on the low profile port to do some comparison. Are your fills done under fluoro?

My fills are done under flouro. I've had 2 so far. Did you ask your doctor about the low profile port? I did and said I wanted it instead and he gave it to me. Just like that!

I think you have to have low stomach fat to have it though cause they would have a hard time finding it otherwise. I had a Tummy Tuck years ago and so my stomach is still really flat and the larger port would of stuck out.

Good luck

Another reason it feels so big is scar tissue. At my first fill mine felt huge and when he showed me under fluro and showed me the size of the lowpro it is much smaller but with the scar tissue even the lowpro feels big too me.