Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have A Question About Going To The Bathroom

Praying for a great recovery' date='mostly a fast one ... Please let us know how you are.[/quote']

Let me tell you I'm frustrated I do have to go back to the surgeon while the family dr is now in the loop of what's going on there is nothing he can do for me. I will have to go to ER to get the problem checked out grrrr

Do you have a hospital that has a bariatric department near by that you can use their ER department? Then tell them the situation about not getting help and being bounced back n forth...ask for a referrel to a Dr. that can help you.

You have to be a thorn in their side sometimes, sometimes not but you don't need to suffer without answers and help. I hope your pcp is helping you but gee your surgeon should be stepping up imo

Who is monitoring your condition? Did they say why they couldn't help you or why u needed to call ur primary?

I just read your last post :(

I do!my hospital is about 15 away and your right I have felt neglected. My surgeon just forgot that I was already on antibiotics I just tried to make it up my stairs and I'm weak and out of breath my hubby gets off work at 830 so unless I start dying I have to wait until he gets here so I can go up!

Oh yes definitely get up there... Try and rest til hubby gets there but do not be afraid to reach for that phone if things start getting worse for you.

I'm on my phone so I can't see your profile. What time zone are you in? It's 5:50 here in Texas. Hopefully not much longer before you can go get much needed help.

This has made me seriously consider switching to the PPO coverage instead of H.M.O. that I have now!! WHY does everything have to be so complicated when it comes to insurance? :\ IDK if PPO would even be any better!

I'm going to a surgeon over an hour away' date=' it worries me that if I have complications that I'll have to go that far to be seen. :([/quote']

you can go to your local er or hospital but call your surgeon first and then before anything is done have them call your surgeons emergency number for consult. this is what i am to do in severe emergencies because my doc is 2.5 away. it works well.

I do!my hospital is about 15 away and your right I have felt neglected. My surgeon just forgot that I was already on antibiotics I just tried to make it up my stairs and I'm weak and out of breath my hubby gets off work at 830 so unless I start dying I have to wait until he gets here so I can go up!

honey I don't know your whole story but you sound like me when my lungs were filling with Fluid...have you had xrays lately? You mentioned IV and TPN so I assume you are having complications...

I didn't get a quick enough reaction and it almost killed me. Please please please get your surgeon on the line and have them order tests as necessary through the local hospital. Say you are short of breath and the er will take you without waiting. The weakness was another symptom I had from day one. Please....I'm worried for you. Is hubby home soon? You need to get seen hun!

I'm in oh ooh so I have about two hours. I tried to swallow some Soup to see if it would go away and my chest hurt and stomach and spread so I defiantly will be going even if its just dehydration I have had diarrhea all day so it could just be that. I will keep you guys posted! Thanks for reaching out to me my name is Lindsay btw

I wouldn't try to go upstairs....lay down on the couch . I would also think you should call your husband and let him know that you ned to go to the ER. Maybe he can leave now....you are more important.

Praying for you Lindsay !

I'm in oh ooh so I have about two hours. I tried to swallow some Soup to see if it would go away and my chest hurt and stomach and spread so I defiantly will be going even if its just dehydration I have had diarrhea all day so it could just be that. I will keep you guys posted! Thanks for reaching out to me my name is Lindsay btw

Darling you sound just as I was before my long hospital stay Chest pain and nausea, weakness, diarrhea...darling please call your husband home from work, or call someone else and get to the ER right now. Please. I was hours away from a really bad out come....Please go now! If I was near you I'd be coming to pick you up myself. I'm ready to call 911 for you.

Thanks guys I'm going to take a shower if I didn't have two young children I would have called already. I'm trying to stay calm they know I have to go but they don't know how bad it really could be and I want it to stay that way I'm trying to get a hold of a friend to help. I will keep you posted

You husband can take the kids and have someone pick them up at the hospital ER.....Dont stress . I'll be staying in prayer for you .

I was told if that happened to start having an envelope of Miralax everyday in my Protein Drink or whatever I am drinking. you can actually put it on oatmeal and stuff too. I never tried it since it didn't happen, but i did buy some to keep on hand. It is tasteless powder. I think it is Fiber and supposed to make you regular. I never tried it cuz it didn't happen but i did but some to keep on hand.

Thanks guys I'm going to take a shower if I didn't have two young children I would have called already. I'm trying to stay calm they know I have to go but they don't know how bad it really could be and I want it to stay that way I'm trying to get a hold of a friend to help. I will keep you posted

DO NOT GET IN THE SHOWER! the hot Water can make you pass out (i learned the hard way) you are home with no help. showers can wait hun.