Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What your typical intake for the day ? I was sleeved 10-9 and it seems to me like i am able to eat quit a bit ... Being paranoid :)

Since you are just over a week out I'm wondering what you mean by eating a lot. Most of us are on liquids for anywhere from 2-6 weeks.

Since you are just over a week out I'm wondering what you mean by eating a lot. Most of us are on liquids for anywhere from 2-6 weeks.

Soups , pudding , yogurt , and protien shakes are all allowed on my diet the first two weeks

I was sleeved on 8-13, here is my typical day:

Wakeup

Water

Breakfast

Egg and piece of toast -or-

Protein shake -or-

Greek yogurt

snack

String cheese

lunch

Protein (4 oz chicken) with a sauce, veggie if room

Soup

Taco

Snack

String cheese

dinner

Whatever is on the table, just smaller portions

Water

I'm not really on a schedule since I am liquids and or above mentioned items , it just seems like i am eating 2-5 oz every 2-3 hours and am hungry a lot , don't want to stretch my sleeve and get a leak . No pain eating or difficulty

Soups ' date=' pudding , yogurt , and protien shakes are all allowed on my diet the first two weeks[/quote']

Ok, great, so you're doing full liquids. That makes this pretty easy. You one of the many of us that didn't swell up a lot internally. Therefore liquids will pass through your stomach and into your intestines very quickly. This is a blessing & a curse. You really shouldn't have any problems keeping hydrated. But you will also feel as though you have no restriction till you get back to actually eating solid/semi-solid foods.

I was the same way, you'll feel the restriction once you progress into mushies and later into solids.

Ok' date=' great, so you're doing full liquids. That makes this pretty easy. You one of the many of us that didn't swell up a lot internally. Therefore liquids will pass through your stomach and into your intestines very quickly. This is a blessing & a curse. You really shouldn't have any problems keeping hydrated. But you will also feel as though you have no restriction till you get back to actually eating solid/semi-solid foods.

I was the same way, you'll feel the restriction once you progress into mushies and later into solids.[/quote']

Ok good !! I am looking forward to restriction , right now I feel like i don't know what i am doing . I get full quickly i just don't stay full very long at all .

What your typical intake for the day ? I was sleeved 10-9 and it seems to me like i am able to eat quit a bit ... Being paranoid :)

I was sleeved on 10/8 and I feel the same way. Im on full liquids and can drink alot of clears and same with thinned yogurt i dont stay as full for long. I think it helps to drink crystal light in between "meals" to stay hydrated. I guess we are lucky that we seem to heal quickly! I was being paranoid too after reading so many posts where folks were having trouble drinking 3 oz Water. I was told its hard to stretch your sleeve and it prob wont stretch from liquids. Hope everything else is good for you!!!

I was sleeved on 10/8 and I feel the same way. Im on full liquids and can drink alot of clears and same with thinned yogurt i dont stay as full for long. I think it helps to drink crystal light in between "meals" to stay hydrated. I guess we are lucky that we seem to heal quickly! I was being paranoid too after reading so many posts where folks were having trouble drinking 3 oz Water. I was told its hard to stretch your sleeve and it prob wont stretch from liquids. Hope everything else is good for you!!!

Thanks for your reply , glad I'm not alone :)

The only information I have is from my doctor, of course, and all doctors give different advice - But according to mine, eating every 2 to 3 hour is too often. I was on liquids (high Protein shakes only) for the first two weeks and had 2 ounces (only) 4 times per day. Once I moved to foods, I was told to space my meals at least 4 to 5 hours apart.

I would check with your surgeon, if I were you.

Obviously we were sleeved the same day, I feel exactly like this!! Never full with the liquids.... But I did eat mashed patatos yesterday and for full faster! I only had like 1/4 cup which made me less scared that maybe my surgeon did something wrong lol but I was actually happy when I got full and that I will have restriction :)

Ok' date=' great, so you're doing full liquids. That makes this pretty easy. You one of the many of us that didn't swell up a lot internally. Therefore liquids will pass through your stomach and into your intestines very quickly. This is a blessing & a curse. You really shouldn't have any problems keeping hydrated. But you will also feel as though you have no restriction till you get back to actually eating solid/semi-solid foods.

I was the same way, you'll feel the restriction once you progress into mushies and later into solids.[/quote']

This was extremely helpful, thank you.

I was sleeved on 4th October so just 5 days or so before you. I'm now on soft mushy diet as from today and I can tell you it is different -just as OTR sleever said.

So expect the restriction to change drastically! it does. Like you I found full liquids no problem but moving to soft mushy puréed food shows me that they defo removed my stomach and didn't just knock me out!!

The next phase is getting your head round how little you can eat as mentally that can be a shock.

#onedayiwillbeslim SD - October 4th 2012

I was sleeved on Monday the 15th and I'm starving! I'm so freaked out. I didn't expect to feel this hungry and I'm preoccupied by the damn food commercials on crappy, daytime TV.

Please tell me that this hunger will go away...