Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Mignon Belgium

What are you like Sooz?!!!

Day one and already bending the rules!!!

Still I don't suppose you'll be doing too much harm, providing that all your Soup choices are less that 4% fat... (its the fat that counts... I think!)

Tried and failed to be sensible today..... didn't even manage the gym!

God help me!

Off to Cardiff tomoz have really busy day ahead so won't be eating more than I should during the day, may even start on Cambridge again, I've got a whole week's worth of packs so I might as well keep on trying!

How excited are you now? Does it feel real yet?

Hx

I know, discipline has never been my strongest asset he he :) Oh the Soup are definitely low fat low cal. I know not to have chicken and sweetcorn when banded, it takes forever to chew the sweetcorn and the chicken soon gets dry!

It is always easier when your busy n ot to eat. It's a two edge sword though. The one thing I have learned from years of dieting is, skipping meals is bad! A bad habit to break.

Dr Mignon informingof th e routine of the band nearly had me give up. I am so used to eating at erratic times. The routine of Breakfast, snack, lunch, snach, dinner is something that is going to take some getting used to!

It all seems very scarily real! I am suffering from bouts of doubt, the 'what ifs' tumbling over one another. My greatest fear is that I will be one of those 10% that it doesn;t work for. Not because I haven't follwed the regime religiously. Once i do set my mind to something and aware of the complications if I don't, I will be the holier than thou saint of eating :). So all that will be left is a mechanical malfunction or surgeon error, chances small but still there.

I have never allowed what ifs to put me off doing anything, but this is a gigantic step for me to take. Bizarrely all the 'virgo' star reports are pointing towards a mjor change and it is not just me who sees it, my best friend Trish has said the same. It's all somehow fated from the first appointment on mum birthday to the october surgery date, when we were supposed to scatter mums ashes. I think mum (which would be a very mum thing for her to do) is encouraging me to go on and do it. Both my sis and I are avoiding doing the ashes, we really don't want to go back to Rhonnda. We will though, eventually lol

So the wheel is turning and I am definitely going wi tht he flow. I just hope the anxiety is going to ease off, quite frustrating!

I have to say it is great to have others to talk to, who understand!

sorry to hear that you lost your mum so recently, but am glad to see that your life is moving forwards despite you loss.

Avoiding the scattering the ashes is completely normal, it's the final part of letting go of a loved one, so feeling for you at the moment on that front. Take comfort from the fact that you'll know when the time is right to take that trip to the Rhonnda.

Good to see that your diet is still going the right way! Your on with the game now. Have you paid for your op yet?

I know what you mean about the doubts, worries and small possibilities, I'm going thru' that at the moment, and I'm only working up to telling my OH that this is what I really want, I've not even booked the op!.... a permanent solution to an age old problem that almost every woman suffers from to a greater or lesser extent.

I'm sure that the surgeon errors are far less than 10% and the band failure is far less than 1%.... So it's not really worth the effort of mythering about it in the first place!

Keep it going.... Your turn is nearing!

Thanks H,

It is really good to have you to talk to.

Yesterday was really tough, had a bad parents evening, not my son's fault just an inconsiderate teacher thatmade my blood boil. So it took all my will power to stop me hitting the food to comfort myself. Funny how when your eally focus on what you have to eat you realise where those extra calories came from!

I can understand you going through all the 'what ifs' before telling your OH. You want to make sure all bases are covered so when you do tell him, you can answer all his questions and concerns and be confident in persuading him if he is going to protest! I'm lucky I really only have me to answer to he he.

I received an email from Deidre today! Less than a week to go! I will be taking my laptop with me, but I don't thinkI will be able to get online, so I may be inncomunnicado, which I hate lol! Going to get a europe bolt on ofr my mobile!

That will be ace, if you can text whilst you're there, if you can't get online!

It's no more than 25p per text whilst in Europe so it won't cost you the earth either!

I've just got out all the paperwork again to check it through. I really want to tackle this tonight, I think!

I'm still swinging to and from when I want this done, thinking that after the return from my hols, but before Christmas might be good... Then I decide that it probably will mean a really miserable Christmas if I'm on sloppies all over the holiday!

I know that after the holidays will be best for me really. Going to have to book it soon tho'!

Before I tell him I'm off to see the GP and tell them what I've decided to do, it's best to have their support before hand I feel!

I'm just thinking how huge I've recently become and I'm slightly ashamed of myself at the moment.

Had a fair to middling day yesterday... foodwise at least, I won't list it here as it's not very motivational when you're on the pre op thingy! I think that in order t diet effeciently I need to concentrate on that and nothing else. It has to fill my every waking moment to gain the strength to stay with it.

How are you getting on today hun? Good I hope? Not feeling too hungry and enjoying that slimfast!!!

PM me your mobile number before you go and I'll do the same so that we can keep in touch whilst your across the water!

Hx

Hi, I am new to this site and have just been reading your conversation (hope you don't mind) I too had my consultation on Fri 13th with Dr Mignon at Manchester, I have my operation scheduled for the 14th November!...bit scared......

I have just been booking my accomadation and flights tonight. Where are you staying libertysuzanne?

I hope all goes well with the operation.....

Anon tell your OH you may be supprised at how supportive he is! Oh and I also cryed having my consultation, how shameful?? I think Dr Mignon thinks I'm a propper nutter!!

:nervous

HI Pilko,

don't mind at all, as far as I'm concerned it's the more the merrier! did I see you in the waiting room on Friday? when have you booked your op for?

I'm still trying to tell my OH, not doing very well at the moment. I tried to tackle it last night and got as far as moaning about my weight.... AGAIN!

I will try and get him alone again tonight and say what I want to do!

I got onto the google route finder and found that it's 31/2 hour drive from the tunnel, need to find out how much the crossing is!

I do have to tell him... I want him to come with me for the week, and I know that he'll want to come along with me... (he worries a lot!)

So, I will be trying again tonight!

Hx

Hi ya Pilko,

Welcome to the Dr Mignon appreciation society :) You have no reason to feel ashamed about crying. The weight issue is a toughie and it is better to show how it is affecting you instead of trying to hold back. I am sure he won't of thought you were a nutter!

I am going to be staying at Hôtel de Franc-Bois, it seemed a nice quaint place, You only need to pay for the nights you will be staying there, as long as you are able to take your stuff to the hospital, unless of course you are bringing your partner along.

For eurostar I paid £80. If you can book early I think you can get it cheaper, but sometimes you cang et really cheap flights through BA or BMI, but you do have to book well in advance. Which would be more suitable for you H!

I hope you have finally managed to fess up to your OH, the more time he has to adjust to the idea the better, especially if he is a worrier, which can be a blessing and a curse :)

I am on my 3rd or 4th day of the liquid diet. It was tough going yesterday, I nearly succame to a scotch egg, which is wrong in oh so many ways. Thankfully I resisted! One draw back is that I am weeing for britain :) I'm sure my wee is almost drinkable as well lol. A gross thought I know!

Hi Anon,

I was in the waiting room with my OH at 4.30pm?? I think there was someone in the car next to me when I pulled up at the car park?

I am flying over with Brussels Airlines. It £115 return but I am flying out Sun as it works out cheaper staying an extra night than flying Mon morning as I'd have to be there early as meeting time is 1pm. I don't fancy all the travelling once the operation is done, I imagine I'll want to get home to my own bed, but I'm probably imagining the worst at this point.....

I keep reminding myself of my caesarean section I had back in January and I was up and about the next day and that is quite major surgery, so I should be OK really............(nervous babble now).........

I just thought I know this is what I want, I am not happy like this, so I booked it and then I couldn't talk myself out of it. If I'm going to get it done I'd rather get it over and done with...and then hopefully get on with the rest of my life hopefully feeling better about myself.

Just hope this company is good, I haven't read a bad review? Have you? I read the Anne Diamond article and she seemed to have is done really cheap....? Don't think she had it done with the same company??

:)

Hi Ya Pilko,

I read the Anne Diamond article as well, it certainly doesn't sound like the same company. For one thing we do get an xray the next day to make sure it is all positioned correctly. That was the thing Anne didn't have done, which would have more than likely saved her all the heartache.

Mind you at least the issue of the lapband is more out in the open with a celebrity involved. makes things a lot easier for us normal folk :) We can learn from her mistakes, I am really pleased I read her story. It made it clear that I was doing the right thing and that the Elyzea are doing things correctly. It sounded like Anne had been in and out in one day!

It does make sense going a day early, I hadn't thought of that little gem! Never mind too late now. I shall be tellign you both how it all went, so at least you will have a 'heads up' before going, which I hope will be useful! Not long for me to go now!!!!:)

If you ahve any questions, feel free to ask, we are all in the same boot and heading in the same direction!!! Welcome on board:biggrin1:

Time is definitely marching on isn't it?

No Pilko, I was there at around lunchtime, my appointment was at 10am. Dr Mignon was running late as his plane was delayed, and I left the offices at 12.30 ish! So our paths did not cross!

Not long at all for you either having the 14th November that's just over 4 weeks from initial consultation.

Still plucking up courage to tell the Old man! Sat in kitchen on the laptop instead! Bl00dy Coward that I am!

I might just leave the information booklet around! (Can you hear me clucking!!!???)

Well you're both going to be on the losing side before me! Only consolation is that I'm off to the Indian Ocean, (I could pretend that I'd rather be in Chimay having a band fitted but it would be a complete lie!)

Feeling envious that I can't have it this week instead, but, beggars cannot be choosers!

Hx

tried last night to talk to OH, struggling a bit. Got as far as saying that GP said I was 'fat enough' for gastric band..... Met with complete silence from him! So I let the matter drop. We're off out tonight for curry, so I'll tackle him tonight. I've got all my stuff from the consult. I'll tell him that I've decided to have it done and that I'd like him to come with me in January.

If I do it in the restaurant, he won't make a fuss and then it'll be done and dusted!

I'll keep you posted on the progress, but I'm sure the stress of trying to share this with him is making it impossible for me to diet successfully at the moment and I need to be on the losing side, not the gaining side before my holiday!

I'm about to telephone the clinic to see when they can fit me in!

Hx

Oh, almost forgot to comment on Anne Diamond's 'experience'

there's been a lot of discussion on the WLSinf.org.uk site about who did her surgery.... No names have been published, but there are plenty of providers who do it that cheaply. I'm not a person who believes that you always get what you pay for but the post op xray costs money and not having it done will create an additional saving on top of the 'surgery abroad' saving. although the whole fill thing seems a bit bizarre.... paying the man in cash, just seems dodgy to me! Also, if I had to go to Belgium for my fills I think that I'd pass on the whole experience!

Although if you live close to Ashford I guess that it's no big deal really!

Who knows?!

Ho hum, some folks have all the bad luck!

Hx

Well folks it's time for me to say adieu.

I'm going down to my sisters for the weekend, I will be leaving to belgium from there. Not likely to go on the internet again until I get back home.

So good luck H with your other half, seriously the sooner you tell him the better it will be for you :) ! Don't worry I'll keep in touch by text :)

All the best

Suzannex:notagree :biggrin1:

I wish you the best of luck too, even though you might not get chance to read this before you go!!

Where abouts are you going Anon, is it the Maldives?

I'll talk later....kids want feeding......