Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

butterbean huh?

jld i had my surgery 9/12/12

the reason why we are all so hungry is our metabolisms are burning up fat like crazy. when you eat small meals every 2-3 hrs like we do you will be very hungry because everything you eat is getting used up rapidly. hunger is good that means you are losing weight. :)

I haven't felt hunger a single time since my surgery, and have lost a great deal of fat and weight. I'm not typically one to argue on here, but I'm not so sure your comments about hunger are accurate. WHAT you choose to eat can play a huge role in whether or not you experience "hunger", because different types of food take longer to be processed in your stomach. (ie...carbs are processed much more quickly than Protein, so if you eat a meal high in Protein you will feel satisfied longer than a high-carb meal of the same number of calories)

butterbean huh?

jld i had my surgery 9/12/12

the reason why we are all so hungry is our metabolisms are burning up fat like crazy. when you eat small meals every 2-3 hrs like we do you will be very hungry because everything you eat is getting used up rapidly. hunger is good that means you are losing weight. :)

Actually, eating high glycemic foods cause the release of high amounts of insulin which not only inhibit fat loss but also increase hunger.

lolly you can google it if you like. also aske your nut and your dr about eating every 2 -3 hrs. i am very sure of this theory. go ahead goodle it type in eating every 2-3 hours benefits.

butter thats true but what i said is also true you can research it and if its not true i will eat my words. lol

I agree with eating 5 or more times a day, just not that it makes you hungry. In fact I'm less hungry, but I really think it has to do more with the types of food I'm eating. If I ate French fries 5 times a day I would be more hungry than I am now and I doubt I would lose any weight. I eat Protein 5 times a day and that prevents me from feeling as hungry. Plus I am losing weight.

In fact in the article you posted it states "less hungry" as one of the benefits of eating 5 times a day. :)

I thought you said we were more hungry. Perhaps you just mixed it up while typing. I do it all the time.

the theory is on healthy meals and Snacks. of course eating fries all day is bad and you wont lose weight. its based on eating 3 healthy meals and 2-3 healthy snacks. and the reason you get so hungry is the food that you are feeding your body is being burned up really fast (metabolism) when you eat like that the body says HEY IM GETTING MORE FOOD SO I WILL BURN THIS UP. it wont go into starvation mode. you need to eat good source of Protein healthy carbs like your veggies and limit the bad carbs. but you dont have to take my word for it. ask your dr or nut.

more hungry because your body is burning up the food you ate at a fast rate. thats why a lot of ppl are so hungry. what they mean by less hungry is if you are eating through out the day it will lesson the cravings but when that 2 -3rd hour hit you are hungry. that wont happen if you eat a large meal trust me unless you are fit and workout like crazy.

soooooooooooooooo today i resisted a yummy pastry at my job. my goal is to not give in to sweets. not in my reduction phase at least because once i ope that pandora box omg not good so im trying to not go there. dang halloween is coming lots of candy shoot. lol

I can chew gum and I do all the time. I have no problem with it.

When I was in the hospital getting sleeved, they brought me crystal light with a straw. I can't drink without a straw. Well I can, but I get way more fluids in every day if I use one.

I've given up the straw at work! Huge NSV for me as I work in a steammmmmy kitchen & we always have drinks nearby. I switched to a coffee lid instead of lid/straw. At home it's not an issue, but restaurants....well, I guess I won't be eating out much post-op anyway. :)

weight.png 347*294/285/135 (*347HW/294SSW)

A lot of doctors and nuts say the same thing about the straws' date=' but I haven't seen one person on this forum or met one sleever in real life who ever had a problem with drinking from a straw. Sometimes they take a general rule that applies to one particular surgery (like the lapband) and apply it across the board to all surgeries just to cover their asses. Other times, there may have been one lawsuit or horror story where someone killed themself with a straw so some big doctor decided it would be wise if no one used straws ever again, and the rest of the doctors went along with that rather than questioning it.[/quote']

I don't know. I think there is some validity to this. Due to the lovely keytone breath I chew some gum at work and realized (after a few days of this) that the darn pains I've been having are gas pains and thus when I don't chew it it's much better. . Whatever the scenario I think it's always best to follow your own doctors recs. :)

more hungry because your body is burning up the food you ate at a fast rate. thats why a lot of ppl are so hungry. what they mean by less hungry is if you are eating through out the day it will lesson the cravings but when that 2 -3rd hour hit you are hungry. that wont happen if you eat a large meal trust me unless you are fit and workout like crazy.

Newgrandmother I think you are missing the point of the surgery; NOT to feel hungry. Our reasons for eating 5-6 small meals a day is not the same for the non WLS patient. You should not be feeling more hungry. If you are feeling so much hunger it must be head hunger for you.

I eat on average 6 meals a day 3.5 months out. Each meal is about 3 oz Protein which works out 100-125 calories a meal. I usually don't get hungry unless I miss a meal.

Amazon, its a know fact that when you eat smaill meals through out the day every 2-3hrs you get hungry right at the 2-3 hrs versus eating 1-2meals a day and not feeling hungry. the body and brain are wierd like that. our bodies are meant to hold on to food when it thinks its not getting anymore hence weight gain. once you feed it 2-3 hrs small meals it says i can burn this up because somemore is coming. hence weight loss. if you like you can ask your nut or dr or google eating 5 small meals benefits. im no dr or nut but i do a lot of research and reading (not saying you dont). just research it. and i agree we are not suppost to feel hungry but everyone is not all of the gherlin was removed like with rny.