Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Talk Meeting -- Suggestions????

Hey guys, let's as many as can get together somewhere, Vegas was a suggestion, and finally meet each other.

Any thoughts?

I would help organize the event.

I think this is a GREAT idea, although it's unlikely I'd be able to fly anywhere anytime soon. I'd be there in spirit, though! I have young kids and between school and work schedules and expenses I can't do spur-of-the-moment things outside of driving distance.

Arrange one anywhere from Washington DC to Pittsburgh to Boston and I'm there, though!! :D

Vegas sounds good. :D

Is there anyplace in the middle of nowhere that would be an equal driving distance for both coasts? How far would that be?

We could plan it several months out so that we all can try to save up money for a flight. Ussually flights to Vegas are one of the cheaper ones. I have NEVER been to Vegas and would love to go and meet all of you. I don't really care where we go but meeting all of you would be fun. It is possible for me to plan ahead and travel. Alex you absolutely must come so how can we figure out a way? I have never been to the east coast either and have always wanted to. I am game for anything. Penni, if you need help planning let me know. What about a big group camping trip somewhere? Yellowstone? Never been there either-LOL. I love to brainstorm ideas. Keep thinking folks. It has to work! Teresa

OK, How about we take a poll to see who is interested in this project to begin with. Ask their location, how far they are willing to travel, how far in advance do they need to plan, what would they like to "do" at this meeting, how much are you willing to spend on this meeting, what do you expect to get for your money, etc. THoughts on that?

What about a cruise?

I am OK to travel to the East Coast for a meeting. Boston or Philly or somewhere in New Jersey or New York.

The idea of an equa-distant site is cool too. That could be Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, etc.

Wherever we decide to hold this first event we would need someone in that city to help coordinate the travel plans and where we will stay.

If we have events at this meeting then we could enlist a fitness person to come and speak.

We should have someone be coordinator of meeting events. Is this first one gonna be just a "get to know each other" or do we want to have a speaker?

Then there is the food aspect of the meeting. Should we reserve a room at a restaurant or hire a caterer at a hotel? Then comes the cost and how it will be covered.

Hey maybe we could get Inamed to sponsor this event? Wouldn't that be a hoot. Maybe we could get some of the Protein drink people to do the same, Pilates guru sponsor, Vitamin people sponsor, all kinds of companies ya know.

All of these are just me rambling and throwing stuff out there. I am all about feedback here. Let me know your thoughts on this?

Penni, for my money I think it's better to start small. Lots of planned events--speakers and meals and activities--will put pressure on organizers beyond what attendance may support. What you're talking about is akin to the Bash events already well-developed.

I'll answer the poll, and I'm sorry it's not more encouraging.

I would LOVE to meet up with LBTers for a face to face. Unfortunately, my vacation time and budget is limited and already allocated for this year. If a confab could be arranged over a weekend within driving distance, AND I could bring my daughters (since my husband works on Sundays), I'd be there with bells on. But anything more than that is just not in the cards.

And I'm not terribly interested in speakers, unless they are long-term bandsters. I'd just like a low-key gathering, maybe in a B-sized city with interesting sights and views (Baltimore? Philadelphia? Memphis? Boston? Cleveland?) where we could walk and talk and connect with one another. Planned events could be things like a movie or museum visit (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? Camden Yards? Mall of America?--kidding about that last one) that would attract us as tourists anyway.

Did somebody say Vegas? We could have a BBQ bash at my place. I only charge $2.00 admission to my petting zoo. If everyone pays for their travel & hotel, I could pop the food bill, unless 100 of you show up! I'm just a few miles off the Strip. Small house & hubby's got a dirty mouth, but he's good on the grill.

Hi Everyone,

My two cents:

There is already a Texas Bandsters Bash every year, a Vegas Bandsters Bash and a Florida Bandsters Bash and a Mexican Bandsters Bash. All are quite large and organized with speakers, clothing swaps and sponsors.

I agree with Alexandra. If we do something small and inexpensive, that would be the best thing. We can all meet in a large city somewhere in the US and have a great weekend enjoying each others company.

Babs in TX

334/214/170

Works for me. Small works. More intimate. Now we just gotta decide where and when

hey if it was planned a few months away, I could even make it! Flights to the US are quite reasonable if booked far enough in advance! Don't suppose y'all want to come to Dublin? :D :D :D

hmmmm thought not........ Please please make the meeting near a huge mall! Or seven..... :(

I'm ascared of flying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( One crash is enough ) Of course... we could go back to that knocking me in the head thing and I should then be able to fly just about anywhere.:( I guess I don't have a lot of input in regards to the place... just hope it is someplace interesting or fun and within a couple days driving distance!! Oh... and the more time to plan... the better!

Darcy

Let's do it!!!!!!!! I say at Delarla's house!! I think that could be fun. Just bring a bottle or 2 of champagne to get in the door!!

Really, let's do it. I am sure we could do this more often and maybe get frequent flyer miles.

When would you guys want to plan it?

Delarla when is a good time for you?

Hey why don't everyone give us a Month and a day of the week that works for them?

I think weekends are the best. Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. What about you guys?

3rd week of July (might be too early for this but it depends)

2nd or 3rd week of August

12th of Sept on is good for me.

Hey we could do Thanksgiving in Vegas. LOL!!!!!!!!!! Between all of us we might be able to finish a Turkey leg. LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :(:D :D

this all sounds really cool and all - but like Alexandra - I would need plenty of advance notice. We are a one budget household with 4 kids right now and money is tight. But if it were planned a few months in advance I could start saving. Hey - all the money I'm saving on not buying lunch at work could go into a "Send-Carmen-to-Vegas" fund. Although I would need to bring my hubby along. I don't think he would let me go to Vegas by myself..........I might not have enough money to get back home!! lololol Anyways I just thought about this - we get a nice discount on airfare through my company.....for those that are interested I may be able to hook them up with it - it's up to 45% off.

I think if we did Vegas, wouldn't we want to wait for a little cooler weather. Say late this fall? Or early next spring? I would love to go to Vegas or anywhere.

Carmen, I may need to take you up on those reduced cost airline tickets.

Definitely 3-6 months out would be ideal.

Thanksgiving at Lisa's sounds like a lot of fun but plane tickets probably wouldn't be the cheapest. What about a few weeks before thanksgiving? This sounds like soooooo much fun.