Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As anyone not reached their goal by there one year surgery anniversary? This is a fear of mine because I am loosing very slooowww. Thanks in advance for your advice!

I have but I did not have alot of weight to lose. My goal was only 65 lbs and I lost it by 9 months.. I will be 10 months next week. The more weight you have to lose, the faster you will lose.

I have but I did not have alot of weight to lose. My goal was only 65 lbs and I lost it by 9 months.. I will be 10 months next week. The more weight you have to lose' date=' the faster you will lose.[/quote']

What was your starting weight? How tall are you? What was your surgery date?

What was your starting weight? How tall are you? What was your surgery date?

The more weight you have to lose, the faster you will lose. You can't compare your loss to others, because everyone is different. I was 195 and now am 130. I only had 55 lbs. to lose but it was all in my abdomen and heading towards my heart. I had to have a two hour repair before he did my sleeve because 1/3 of my stomach had protruded through my diaphragm and was lodged between my lungs. I am 5' 4" and 62 years old. My surgery was 12/14/11. I have gone from a size 18 jeans to a size 4. If you are in a stall, try LilMissDivas Boot camp on here. There is no way you are not going to lose if your stomach is so tiny and you are not hardly consuming any calories. You will lose! Try focusing on measurements and see how many inches you have lost, but don't get discouraged. You will succeed.

There is no way you are not going to lose if your stomach is so tiny and you are hardly consuming any calories. You will lose! Try focusing on measurements and see how many inches you have lost, but don't get discouraged. You will succeed.

mistyw

how long did it take you to gain your excess weight ? <_<

your new sleeve helps you loose the weight, but the weight is not going to come off over night. doesn't work that way :angry:

it is hard waiting, "watching" those lbs go away. but........we should not weigh ourselves daily, only weigh ourselves once a week or less. Hard to stay away from scale for a whole week, but try

i agree that taking measurements is very important - those #s might decrease sometimes, while your weight doesn't show any movement.

Those improved measurements might help you get those new pair of jeans :)

Try not to worry about how quickly you loose the weight, continue to do your best, you'll do great

it shouldn't matter how long it takes you to successfully loose all the weight you want, after all, we've got the rest of our lives

don't stress too much - i know easier said than done

good luck

I surpassed my surgeon's goal in about 7 months (had under 100 pounds to lose), but I'm still working to reach my personal goal (15 pounds lower) at 15 months. I believe I would have been there by now if I hadn't let too many "treats" back into my eating. I've spent quite a bit of time gaining and re-losing the same 5-10 pounds. In my defense, I've spent those months well within the "normal" BMI range, and I'm pretty darned happy in my size 6s and 8s. But I know I have it in me to get these last pounds off. I've learned a lot about myself in the last few months, about the mind game part of this, and how to best handle my ferocious sweet tooth. It's a journey, but I'm not giving up. As of this morning, 6.5 pounds to my personal goal.

Honestly, don't worry about being a slow loser. There can be a bit of a "honeymoon" period to the sleeve, but in my experience it's all mental / emotional. Those early months are a whirlwind of weight loss and excitement and dedication. The closer you get to goal, the harder it can be for some of us to maintain the same level of enthusiasm, particularly as the pounds come off more slowly. I believe that's why some surgeons push us to lose as much as we can in the early months. But that doesn't mean you can't get to goal if you're not there after a year, or even after 2 years. It's more a matter of whether you're willing to maintain the balance of restricted eating and exercise it takes to get to and maintain your goal weight. Everybody's body is different, and only you know whether you're able to put in a certain level of exercise long-term, or whether you can be comfortable at a particular calorie level without feeling like you're hungry all the time. Some people's bodies just require fewer calories, and what it takes to get to goal may not feel sustainable to them, and then it's time to seriously think about whether your goal makes sense. Until you reach that point where your weight has stabilized for a long period of time (months) at a particular level of food and exercise, as long as you stick with it, you'll continue to lose, regardless of how long it's been since surgery!

The more weight you have to lose' date=' the faster you will lose. You can't compare your loss to others, because everyone is different. I was 195 and now am 130. I only had 55 lbs. to lose but it was all in my abdomen and heading towards my heart. I had to have a two hour repair before he did my sleeve because 1/3 of my stomach had protruded through my diaphragm and was lodged between my lungs. I am 5' 4" and 62 years old. My surgery was 12/14/11. I have gone from a size 18 jeans to a size 4. If you are in a stall, try LilMissDivas Boot camp on here. There is no way you are not going to lose if your stomach is so tiny and you are not hardly consuming any calories. You will lose! Try focusing on measurements and see how many inches you have lost, but don't get discouraged. You will succeed.[/quote']

What is LilMissDivad Boot Camp?

i am 1wk shy of my 10 month post op date & i have 21lbs to lose before hitting my goal. i highly doubt i will lose 21lbs in 2 months but im pretty sure that if i tried really really really hard, i would & could. im going to start hitting the gym & im going to work hard at toning my body & losing these next 21lbs. im down 117lbs right now.