Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Bmi So Not Eligible For Surgery.

No it probably saved me from a lot of pain :)

I went with Dr. Lopez and Dr. Jacqueline Osuna. They are a husband and wife team. They practice in Tijuana and Puerto Vallarta. I have nothing but great things to say about them and the care they gave me. I went through a company called A Lighter Me.

Did they take a long time to for the procedure o get done?

My husband said less than 45 minutes

To be quite honest I liked the husband wife team thing they had going on. It was like getting two for the price of one. They also do extreme weight cases so I figured I would be a piece of cake. They have a great record and they were trained by one of the best surgeons in Mexico. While I was in their care out of all the other surgeons I was visited the most by my doctors. They visited me at the hotel a couple times a day once I was released from the hospital. I had a very good experience but you have to do your own research and go with your gut instinct. If it doesn't feel right, Its probably not. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

I know but I might consider that because this has been a while for me to get surgery how long did was it for u to get surgery? I've been doing this procedure since last April in order to get mine in NYC. If not i might consider traveling and paying out of pocket.

I was originally going to get Lapband and I went for a consultation with a surgeon in Baltimore that was Early July. I found this forum and changed my mind to sleeve and mid July started researching doctors booked my surgery end of July and had it performed on August 9th. So less than a month.

I was originally going to get Lapband and I went for a consultation with a surgeon in Baltimore that was Early July. I found this forum and changed my mind to sleeve and mid July started researching doctors booked my surgery end of July and had it performed on August 9th. So less than a month.

What would you do if you had complications while in the states? Have you asked your ins. If they'd cover it?

I never asked I felt confident in my doctor that it wouldn't happen I guess. I do have great insurance but I am not really sure.

I never asked I felt confident in my doctor that it wouldn't happen I guess. I do have great insurance but I am not really sure.

Most won't cover for complications/ additional care necessary after a no covered/elective surgery. It's a fairly standard clause. ( I was a licensed agent when I was a private banker).

Ours is only covering because we are self insured (our company) and we pay the premiums. But we were surprised they did, even in that case. So budget in the insurance. It's better than nothing and I know that the 250,000 we will pay minimum for complications would have been painful to cough up!

Wow that's crazy but glad they are paying for your sake.

Glad I didn't have any complications I would have to sell my restaurant to pay my doctor bills

So Iggy are you saying there is insurance you can buy if you go to Mexico? Just out of curiosity do you know how much that is? I obviously don't need it but maybe someone that's reading this may want to consider it.

I read about it in a thread that was about mexico (she actually did have severe complications and had to be rushed to the US via ambulance). I'd suggest that anyone who is interested in this should post a question in the mexico or self pay forum and I'm sure whoever brought it up will answer with details. I believe it was offered through their mexican doctor but covers US medical coverage.

I had my sleeve by Dr. Almanza in Mexico and I was offered post op insurance through Clinica Jerusalem for I think an additional $400.... That was March 1st surgery date so I am not certain they still offer it. :)