Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Stall And Eating Too Many Calories?

Ok, so I know there are lots of posts on stalls. I had my surgery 4.5 weeks ago. Lost 17lbs the first week. Weeks 2-4, it's been slow and I eventually lost 4 more lbs (but it's been up and down). On a side note, it's cruel that we see such a huge weightloss so quickly in the beginning and it slows down dramatically almost overnight and we get upset for "only" losing 1-2 lbs a week. I have to keep reminding myself this is a normal pace.

Anyway, I know that even with the sleeve, it's possible to eat more calories than you think you are - darn foods are deceiving! So, I'm wondering if maybe what I'm eating is too many calories, hence the reason for the SLOW loss. I know I'm eating way under 1,000 calories, probably more like 500 calories (I know, I should track my calories better). Is this too many calories this early on? For example, I had about 1/4 cup of chicken salad with grapes (real mayo, can't stand fat free), and half an avocado. Tonight, I will have two turkey slices rolled with about 4 slices of pepperoni inside. This doesn't sound like a lot, but I know how food portions and actual calories can be deceiving. Should I be anything different?

I think you should be eating more. If you're on proper food get up to 1,000.

One thing to know, though, is that "cruel" amount of weight you lost in the first week was not fat, but rather Water and glycogen. (a wee bit of fat, of course)

Once you get past the first week or so, then you are burning the fat (and muscle ... get your Protein in)

Just keep following the guidelines. The weight will come off.

you have a lot of fats included in your meals. real mayo is high in fat. pepperoni is high in fat. avocado is high in fat (even though it's a good fat) and grapes are high in sugar/calories. You need to get more Protein in and try to cut the fat. no more than 30 grams of fat per day. If you go to Livestrong.com it will track your food and exercise for you. Good luck!!!

I was told get 20 grams of Protein 3 meals a day and no snacking. Still get about 800 calories. You are so not eating what u need if your getting under 500 calories aday

I should add to that just an educated opinion by no means am I a dr u should consult your dr.

I ate no less than 1200 cals a day after 1.5 months out and made goal. I think you could bump up your cals a tad. I cannot function on less than that! Now at goal for almost 6 months and I eat 2000 a day and maintain with ease