Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in awhile. I was banded june 15 2005 and I'm down 70 pounds but I still have 20-25 more to loose and I have stalled since april, the scale is just not moving...ughhhh. How does everyone get through a stall to continue.

Do you have enough fill? You might want to right down everything you eat on www.fitday.com and see how that goes. I would go back to the beginnin and do your Protein first, then veggies, and then starch in you have room. You have done awesome I would just start doing all over again that worked for you in the get go.

I've been running regularly five times a week since February, now I've added five or so 6km walks to the picture as well. Its gotten my weight moving again, but I do spend upwards of 2 hours per day doing cardio exercise!

Me too! For me, I think it might be a mixture of (2) things....I am eating more Snacks and food. Not enough to gain, to just maintain. Psychologically, I am also quite happy with where I am at. However, it wouldn't hurt to loose an extra 10 pounds to get within a "normal" weight range.

I log in my food at fitday.com, and find that I am taking in 1400-1500 calories per day. I suppose if I'd cut the snacks out, that would get me to going.

Try the ol' tracking-the-calories thing for awhile. See where you are at.

Good luck. Shawn

Thanks everyone, I think I am in the same boat as you shawn, I have 4cc in my band at my last fill which my doc told me is pretty much it, but I have been snacking more often, just seems to go down easier..lol I do work out 3-4 days a week so I guess the snacking is enough to just make me maintain.. as of today noooo more snacking! I will try logging my food intake on fitday. I'm not sure I'm getting enough protien either, thats one of the things I have slacked off of too. I just cant stand the artificial protien shake taste, does any one have any great tasting low calorie recipies?

Wait, you have 4cc in your 4cc band?

Man, I can barely find a doctor that will let their patients go past 3.0 cc's around here. (Even though I've met Bandsters from across the country and other parts of the world, who have more than 4cc's in their 4cc bands.)

Yet all the really "not-just-normal-size-but-slim" Bandsters I know have more than 3 cc's in their bands. (Remember the smaller we get and the tinier our stomachs get, the more 'fill' we sometimes need just to maintain restriction.)

But hey at 4 cc's I would think you should have a pretty good tool to work with on the physical aspect of losing weight. Part of the rest is probably mental, right?

If only there was a LapBand that they could put on our brains, as they say.

Continued success & Good Luck!

Hi!

I have been in the same boat several times. Make sure you have a good fill. Then, shake it up. Do several things differently. For example, I changed foods I was eating and ate more often early in the day, starting with a Protein Shake for Breakfast before my workouts. I also found I was eating one of those "100 calorie snacks" everyday about 4 PM when I got hungry. I cut those out totally. I added more weight to my workouts, started running further and added 1-2 days of extra running per week, and I work out about 2 hours a day. It seemed that got me going again. I have to say, the running is like a magic bullet!! It gets the scale moving. I am even finding that I LIKE it and look forward to the challenge of how far I can go. Now, I walk 2 miles up a trail at a very brisk pace and run all the way down. I do that after a cardio-sculpt class...so I'm already all warmed up. AWESOME. I also do spinning, kickboxing, and all steep. long hills to my walk/run (thanks to my trainer!) HAHA.

Good luck! Shake it up and it will start going down again.

Rose:clap2:

I would stop dieting and worrying about what you eat for at least a week. Give your body a break. Then count calories or points or whatever. I think this will shake your body up and get you moving again.

Edited to add: You aren't far from goal. This is where it gets hard. Hang in there!

Two suggestions:

1. Make a list of all the reasons you decided to get healthier.

2. Make a list of all the positive changes since losing weight.