Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Help Help I Am Starvin

I hope this is not how your supposed to feel while on lap band all the time. i started my 2 week liquid diet today and i am dying for food i am starvin Someone tell me its not like this for the rest of band life? Did anyone else have a problem like this? also i dont wanna cheat but is there something ok to munch on or snack on thats ok? i get banded in 2 weeks. Thanks anyone that can help Sam

I don't get this.

Why would you think that how you feel before banding is the same afterwards?

This is a tool that will change your life, your outlook, and your body. Getting by on less food is the point of the band - it makes it a bit easier.

Now liquid diets are always tough, and after your post-surgical swelling goes down you will have more capacity to eat again. By then you'll be soon on your way to more substantial foods.

For as for now:

So, of course a two-week liquid diet must be difficult - but your surgeon has prescribed it so your liver will shrink and so your surgery can potentially be easier.

That's a good reason.

Second of all, it kind of gives you time to de-tox and rid your body of a lot of junk that you don't need to bring into your banded life.

If you're on liquids, then I'm assuming your doctor means NO Snacks, NO MUNCHIES. So you're right in thinking that we can't give you permission (or suggestions) on how to 'cheat.' All we want - is what you want - for you to have a safe, successful banding.

It's 2 weeks, but it's a small price to pay to make sure your body (and maybe your mind) are in great shape for your new life.

Good Luck.

We'll save you a seat on the Weight Loss Bench!

I hope this is not how your supposed to feel while on lap band all the time. i started my 2 week liquid diet today and i am dying for food i am starvin Someone tell me its not like this for the rest of band life? Did anyone else have a problem like this? also i dont wanna cheat but is there something ok to munch on or snack on thats ok? i get banded in 2 weeks. Thanks anyone that can help Sam

Sam, I hope you are Ok now? I remember when I was starting a liquid diet 2 yrs ago, it was hard but just try to get your mind off of it. And Drink to fill you up. I am starting my Liquid diet on Wednesday. My surgery is on October 17th,Tomorrow I am spending the day at my weight loss center, with all my tests,and stuff. So I will be in your shoes soon. But I do remember to keep busy and drink alot. Can you have sugar free popcycles? Let me know what helped you get though this. I will need lots of help too and I love this site. Mary

You'llmake it don't give up. Is it clear liquid? My doctor let me have iced tea, Decaf, with artificial sweetner when I thought I was about to die and then chocolate milk which saved my life. The popsickles are wonderful and a lifesaver. And no, once you heal get a proper feel you won't be hungry, you'll still have head hunger, like cravings but most days I could care less if I eat or not.

I remember feeling the same way. And no you dont feel this way after your banded. Being on a liquid diet is very hard. But it does get better. Just hang in there you will get through this and feel so much better inside and out soon. Good luck to you. And if your feeling weak you can send me a letter any time. I think it helps to talk to people who have went through the same thing.

I felt the same way too when I first started my two week pre-op liquid diet. Just take one day at a time and keep thinking to yourself that this is not forever! It will go by really fast, I promise. I didn't think I was going to make it either, but I did and I didn't cheat once. It was all worth it. I had to do 2 weeks liquid post-op as well, so it was 1 full month on Clear Liquids only and Protein Shakes. Now it is all just a memory. You can do it too! Hang in there. It's worth it.

The preop diet was the hardest for me. It is not easy by any means. Your attitude is down because you haven't eaten and your starving and you're wondering if it's worth it. Or if you can get away with a snack. This is your turning point. Make a decision that you are either 100 percent with it or are going to push your luck. Think about how good you will feel abut yourself once you made it...without cheating! I mean seriously what an acomplishment that is. You can do it, hold on tight and if you have to (or are able to) get rid of all snackable foods in the house leaving only that which needs preparation. We are here if you need us!

The liquid diet is the worst! You'll feel much better, eating wise, after banding. This is NOT how it feels.

Keep on drinking!!!

You are doing great. Shawn