Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok Ladies- Im Officially Nervous

During my surgery they found LOTS of cysts on my ovaries and during my follow up I found out that dr also found a nodule, biopsied it and it came back abnormal. I have NEVER had problems before. She referred me to an OBGYN- which I haven't been to since I was preggo 16 years ago (I go to my GP regularly). Luckily she took pics of the cysts and hopefully can send results over to OBGYN for my biopsy results. I go meet and see her today. I HATE these visits- but then again- who likes them? Ugh a. For the first time in my life (and many health issues I've been through) I'm slightly nervous about possible outcomes. I'm told likely something like endometriosis or PSOD? No big deal then.

Ugh. Just needed to get that off my chest. Speaking of chest- Off to get mine tampered with shortly!

Hey there! Take a deep breath! You won't know what it is until the lab reports come back. I had PCOS and endometriosis. I had so many biopsies it was too many to count! I have had dx of possible uterine cancer..and after that, one biopsy that came back as sarcoidosis which if found in the uterus normally is also in the lungs and heart and is considered a very poor prognosis ..you can imagine my relief when it wasn't! I know it's easier said than done to not worry, but try not to cross the bridge until you know. I had a complete hysterectomy in 2010. It was very sad because we did want more children ( we have one beautiful 11 y/o daughter) but it was very joyous for me because the pain stopped, the severe anemia stopped, the bleeding for months on end stopped, and it was a blessing because the endometriosis was so severe it was about to sever my small bowel. So, don't worry if you can...and if you do..just pm me..I'll listen...I already walked that stretch of the road! I'll walk beside so you can lean if you need to!

Please keep us updated! I hate the waiting period of not knowing but knowing all the possible scenarios. Just take a deep breath and know that we are thinking of you! Hoping for good news!

I know what you mean. I hope it is all well. God Bless and Good luck!

I'm just curious ... they were checking out your ovaries during your VSG surgery? Aren't those located a bit further South? And I mean, quite a bit further South? Whilst I can see good things about doing some exploratory while inside, I can also see downsides. Was this something you knew they were going to check out prior?

I'm just curious ... they were checking out your ovaries during your VSG surgery? Aren't those located a bit further South? And I mean' date=' quite a bit further South? Whilst I can see good things about doing some exploratory while inside, I can also see downsides. Was this something you knew they were going to check out prior?[/quote']

Actually, the incision sites are just about the same in proximity for the sleeve and for laparoscopic gynecologic procedures. Sometimes surgeons will take a look, so that if anything comes up later, there are other possibilities to consider. (i.e. complaints of pain on the side that they saw a cyst, could be sleeve related, or not). They also take pictures when it's a new finding.

PDX- no clue but I'm glad they did :)

So they wanna do an ultra sound. So I'm sitting at reception to schedule and it dawns on me- WHAT KIND?!?!? (I'm a spaz). Receptionist didn't know. I asked her to find out. Not what I was hoping for. A damn vaginal one? Do those hurt? I may cancel by end of day. Scheduled it for tomorrow. Dr didnt seemed worried. So I wont either.

Ugh

Sorry, I'm just sceptical of some Drs and their motives. I've had them order expensive tests on me and my family members. I question them as to the foundation of tests and what the results would prove either way to a response of blank stares and tests not being ordered. Hospitals and clinics make money by ordering tests which can cause some undue stress to us.

A friend just had a hysto done 2 weeks ago lapro and her entry points were about 6 inches lower than where my lowest entry point was and the ovaries are a good couple inches below that. I would just wonder why they would go poking around uninvited into areas not covered by the procedure. If you had a history of ovarian issues or some other symptoms, that would be one thing. But its not like there is a void under the skin and a nice easy path for a scope to go from the stomach area to the ovaries. There is a lot of connective tissue which would need to be interupted to check it out. Very low risk, for sure, but still, there is always risk.

Of course, at this point, you have to do the tests and jump through all of the hoops, but my suggestion is to not worry about something until you have something to worry about.

Vaginal ultrasounds don't hurt although when the tech is coming at you with a 3 foot dildo looking contraption with a rubber on it can be a wee bit unnerving...but I assure you..it didn't hurt me..I am pretty sure it won't hurt you...although any modesty you had before will be out the door!

You're not the first person here that has found out some valuable information that was revealed during surgery that needed attention. My way of thinking is that by wanting to be healthier, you have also been given this information that might otherwise have lead to health problems down the road, so it may be a blessing in disguise.

Hang in there and good luck!!

Sorry' date=' I'm just sceptical of some Drs and their motives. I've had them order expensive tests on me and my family members. I question them as to the foundation of tests and what the results would prove either way to a response of blank stares and tests not being ordered. Hospitals and clinics make money by ordering tests which can cause some undue stress to us.

A friend just had a hysto done 2 weeks ago lapro and her entry points were about 6 inches lower than where my lowest entry point was and the ovaries are a good couple inches below that. I would just wonder why they would go poking around uninvited into areas not covered by the procedure. If you had a history of ovarian issues or some other symptoms, that would be one thing. But its not like there is a void under the skin and a nice easy path for a scope to go from the stomach area to the ovaries. There is a lot of connective tissue which would need to be interupted to check it out. Very low risk, for sure, but still, there is always risk.

Of course, at this point, you have to do the tests and jump through all of the hoops, but my suggestion is to not worry about something until you have something to worry about.[/quote']

The belly button incision is exactly the same one, and the other two are a little lower, but not much. On bigger patients, they are even lower, because there is more surface area. I think them taking pictures may have helped prevent having her gynecologist go in just for a look (diagnostic laparoscopy).

I don't have incision in belly button :0. Interesting. I do have a couple low enough and one on my other side of tummy where they took stomach out.

Thank u all- I am thankful but I'm kinda with PDX- I feel like at this point they are doing extr tests. The pics in surgery I thought were great to have. But e already has pics now- why the ultra sound? She said that the cysts should be less (they tend to be more apparent around TOM) and willl check again in 4/6 weeks. Oh good. Can I do this again? She said I'm too young to take my ovaries. I wanted to say "I'll decide if I'm too young. Take those babies anytime!". Sheesh. I know it's in my future so why wait? Not that I'm looking from surgery anytime soon.

She also said they they usually treat endometriosis with birth control which I have never had because of a blood clot. Gah! I hate this.

Thanks for your support

Just had one of those ultrasounds done last week! They don't hurt! I actually prefer them to the abdominal ones because with those they have to push so hard because of excess fat. Well I have a cyst on my overies the size of an orange...my wls surgeon said he would remove it the same time he does my sleeve. This will be my 3rd surgery of this kind! If you have any questions feel free to private message me! I'm sure you have nothing to fear;)

Just had one of those ultrasounds done last week! They don't hurt! I actually prefer them to the abdominal ones because with those they have to push so hard because of excess fat. Well I have a cyst on my overies the size of an orange...my wls surgeon said he would remove it the same time he does my sleeve. This will be my 3rd surgery of this kind! If you have any questions feel free to private message me! I'm sure you have nothing to fear;)

Ok thank you :)