Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, my name is caliah I am 7 Weeks out I have lost 30lbs and im very happy. But im not sure what to eat anymore I am so sick of chicken and Protein shakes. Any suggestions on some yummy satisfying foods some of you are enjoying? How about deserts?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using VST

I would avoid deserts totaly. Carbs are bad for your tummy, and will impede your weight loss. They are also, for many, a large part of the old habits and problems...

...dessert is, how I have grown to look at it, another word for a part of a meal that I don't need, and daily decide "do I want this as much as I want my health"

Seven weeks out, it SHOULD (i empasize that because it is not my opinion it a fact given the limit ability you have to nurish your body at this time) be protien first, protien second, protien third...then veggies.

6 weeks out & Dr said I could return to a normal diet' date=' just in moderation. For desert I like to take a vanilla Protein shake, 2 scoops fat free vanilla bean ice cream, 1/2 banana & blend into shake. It's oh so yummy!!![/quote']

What brand is the fat free Vanilla Bean? This does sound yummy.

30lbs in 7 weeks ? That's awesome !! Keep up the good work, i got tired of the chicken broth so im eating very small meals every 3 hours and im ok not in pain at all.

good luck !!!

I'm with Pookeyism - I think desert as we knew it is a thing of the past. No matter if ice cream has less sugar - it is still ice cream and in my opinion should be very, very rarely consumed. I think I might give in to a small serving once every few months, and even that seems too often.

But I have found something that fits in my diet, keeps me within the 20-30 carbs per day I allow myself, and is a sweet treat. Light & Fit has a Greek yogurt that is great. It is 80 calories, no fat, 12 grams of Protein, and 9 carbs. It is relatively high in carbs, so in order to have it I really have to watch what else I eat.

I think this is how we can have a treat now - make it something that is full of Protein. If you are eating other carbs and don't have enough left, you can eat Greek yogurt with Torani sugar free Syrup or sugar free Jello mix.

I'm not sleeved yet, but my doc told me from day one...no carbs post op for a minimum of 6 months. That is because you are in the "honeymoon" phase of weight loss. You will lost the most in these 6 months if you make the right choices. Besides...I love the saying: "nothing will ever taste as good as skinny will feel". That being said, I would not elect to deviate from a strict diet during that time.

I'm with Pookeyism - I think desert as we knew it is a thing of the past. No matter if ice cream has less sugar - it is still ice cream and in my opinion should be very' date=' very rarely consumed. I think I might give in to a small serving once every few months, and even that seems too often.

But I have found something that fits in my diet, keeps me within the 20-30 carbs per day I allow myself, and is a sweet treat. Light & Fit has a Greek yogurt that is great. It is 80 calories, no fat, 12 grams of Protein, and 9 carbs. It is relatively high in carbs, so in order to have it I really have to watch what else I eat.

I think this is how we can have a treat now - make it something that is full of Protein. If you are eating other carbs and don't have enough left, you can eat Greek yogurt with Torani sugar free Syrup or sugar free Jello mix.[/quote']

What Greek yogurt are you eating? Every one that I've seen has been high in carbs.

What Greek yogurt are you eating? Every one that I've seen has been high in carbs.

Dannon just released a new Greek yogurt that is minimal on sugar. And if you want Greek yogurt but minimize the carbs and/or sugar...I recommend plain and then you can add fruit, sweeteners like stevia, etc. just a thought.

It's by Light & Fit - it comes in a 4-pack.

Dannon just released a new Greek yogurt that is minimal on sugar. And if you want Greek yogurt but minimize the carbs and/or sugar...I recommend plain and then you can add fruit' date=' sweeteners like stevia, etc. just a thought.[/quote']

The only ones that I've liked so far are the Kroger's Carbmaster. It doesn't have too many carbs (4 grams), but it doesn't have a lot of Protein either (8grams). I'm just looking for a balance.