Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help Me, I Think I'm The Only One That Has Failed This Surgery

My surgery was Sept. 26 and I was pretty much losing a pound a day until today when I weighed the same as yesterday. This is the entrance to week 3 for me, so I'm glad to know what is going on.

And chips and crackers have got to go. I do have a small cheat that I have when I want something salty. Canned, boiled peanuts, but only a very few. They are salty and soft. If you eat too many, you will get a huge sodium overload and way, way too many calories.

This has been great advice. I know the crackers and chips are horrible, they just go down so easy (convienence needs to get out life) lol. I'am in the mushy stage still and I think I'm gonna go today and get me some Soups and greek yogurt and eat more scrambled eggs. What greek yogurt has the most Protein?? Everyones input has helped so much, thank you!

Most greek yogurts have fairly equal Protein levels. I eat a 2% fat one, you can also get 0% and you can get higher. The key is to stay away from the flavored ones. Typically, they are sweetened with sugar and higher in calories and carbs. I buy plain and sweeten it myself with sugar free syrups (torani, davinci) and a little liquid stevia.

You are early out, take this time to learn new ways of eating. I am a firm believer that if you do not change anything, you will not be successful in the long term. However, you have to make changes you can live with for a lifetime. Good Luck!

I totally understand! I was sleeved 9/10 went from 263 to 242ish (depending on the day... I really need to quit weighing myself everyday) and I'm in the stalling stage. My nutritionist said that it's normal around this time to stall. I too have slipped in chips and crackers.. and those are my weakness foods and I just need to get rid of them for good.. But tomorrow I start the soft foods and I feel like I'll have more healthy options to start on and get my weight loss back up. and I ordered and elliptical that should be coming next week sometime. And I'm still struggling to get in my daily Protein and dealing with hunger. But it is not too bad. I hope all goes well and don't give up! Hang in there! ( and now I need to Protein Shake to try and stop some hairloss UGH!)

I haven't had very many meetings, this is all new to me but when I do get sleeved, I am following my Doctors orders religiously. All will work out when you go with the program and not against it. This is a lifestyle change, there is no turning back and falling back into bad eating habits. Do yourself a favor and don't be so hard on yourself, your not a failure, your just listening to old habits. Turn your back on the inner voice that is telling you to eat. Use the force, lol! Good luck and thanks for sharing your story.

Get rid of crackers and chip and don't weigh yourself. You'll drive yourself crazy. I only weighed myself at dr appts. I also was sleeved on the 17th and I'm still on purée. Ask your nutritionist what foods would help you along. But seriously don't stress. You'll do great! Good luck :)

THANK GOD for each and every one all yall and the advice everyone gave! I woke up today and THE STALL IS OVER!!! i LOST 2lbs! I can't explain how happy I am to be losing again :-)