Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~October Chat

I had my third fill a month and a half ago. The only change I have is that if I eat too fast I PB...but if I don't hurry I can still eat too much. I go back next month...and wonder if one more fill will give me the restriction I want...also I don't get any 'signals' that I am getting too full too fast or just full up. I sure hope next time I start getting them because now I have to just be careful to measure what I can have or else I over eat. :phanvan

Anyone else having trouble withnot getting 'signals'?????

I go for my 3rd fill on 11/13. I can still eat too much, but I really have to watch what I eat. No bread, no breading, nothing with flour. I'm still losing.....slowly. Another lb. this week.

My biggest problem right now is I think I got myself into something over my head. I signed up for a half-marathon on Thanksgiving Day. I've been walking..... a lot.....but I haven't walked nearly as far as 13.1 miles yet and my hips have started to really hurt. Do I still try? Do I bow out? Do I admit that I am scared silly by the thought of trying to walk that far with THOUSANDS of other people.....people who are ready for this, train for this and LOOK like they can do this????? I still have about 4 weeks to decide......I just don't know what to do! I'm so proud of my loss so far, so proud that I can do so many things that were unthinkable 6 months ago.....but am I pushing too hard?

Anyway, everyone keep up the good work!

Alicia-I have had 5 fills! And another one scheduled for the 20th of November, just a few days before TG, YIKES! None have been done with floroscopy. I lay back and the doctor feels around a bit and then pokes. I hear a popping sound and then it's over before it began. I sit up, drink a dixie cup of Water to make sure water goes down. That's all there is to it. My band will hold 12cc. Which is why I probably have gone in more often. They are trying to get me to my "sweet spot". I'm still not there at 8.5cc. Don't be afraid of the fill, the needle poke is small pain and the doctor or assistant is probably over qualified to find your port :P

Janey-I still don't have the best restriction, and it's very frustrating! I too can eat like a glutton if I go slow and chew well. I have only puked once, about a month ago. I rarely PB, even if I eat fast. I keep thinking some day I'll have this great feeling of "STOP EATING, ONE MORE BITE AND IT WILL BE TOO MUCH" but I've never felt that. I did have some problems with breads after my 4th fill but have found that I don't have a problem if I eat small bites. I am not trying to cheat or eat the things that I'm not suppose to. But I can certainly still eat way, way, way too much.

Sending lots of love & prayers out to DREWSLOU!! I would imagine your out of surgery by now. You are a beautiful strong woman! Just wanted to remind you of that fact and let you know your in our thoughts. Post an update when your able to let us know how your doing!

Just wanted to give an update. After being out of work for 2 months, I start a new job on Monday. The kicker is that I will be making 10K more than I did at my last job. I will be glad to get out of the house and away fromt he refigerator all day. I think it will be great for my continued success. Also, I go for my 4th fill on Tuesday! hope to get some good restriction. Have a great weekend everyone.

WTG ousooner!! That's the way to do it. Increase your income with each job and keep going up. Good luck with your fill on Tues.

Hello Maysters!

Anyone heard from DREWS? Hope her surgery went well..

Ousner, you rock!

Paladin, its so good to hear from you! How is 3loves? How is her band treating her? All is well, I hope!

Marci - I say go for the marathon, but if you start to experience pain, you should stop! You can't be too careful with your hip!

Wanted to pop in here with a quick update... After my second fill on October 24th, I am finally back to eating "normal" foods. NOW I KNOW WHAT RESTRICTION IS!!! I can't eat very much, and the weight is falling off! It's a struggle to get in just 900 - 1000 calories. I think 2cc's is my sweet spot. Example.. went to Cracker Barrel for lunch yesterday and ordered grilled chicken tenerloins, green Beans and baby carrots. The tenderloins are small (about 1 oz. each). I was only able to eat one tenderloin, about two bites of green Beans and about 2 baby carrots. Needless to say, I had enough food for supper and lunch again. I can't believe it! When I got my fill, Dr. Rose said he was gonna "give me my money's worth", and boy did he! I am making sure to get my Protein in and taking several multi-Vitamins, so I feel good!

I am now doing 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weight training 3 - 4 days a week, and I am really enjoying the progress that I'm making...

3 Major NSV's:

1. NO MORE BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICINES!

2. NO MORE CPAP MACHINE!

3. MY BMI is down from 51 to 39.1 (NO LONGER MO!)!

Hope you guys are continuing to do well.

Hi Kim. :biggrin1: Glad to hear your doing so well and enjoying your "sweet spot" and WTG on your NSV's!! Your awesome!! I bet you have a lot more spring in your step these days. We will have to try those chicken tenderloins at Cracker Barrel. 3Loves sends her love. She is now down 39 lbs. Slowly but surely. She is thinking of scheduling another fill before the holidays. She's only had one and it was 2.5 cc's.

Gosh, where are your DREWS? Would love to hear from you.

I'm here I'm here!!! Sorry I didn't update this thread last night. My surgery went fine and dandy and I was home yesterday evening. Holy crap I know what restriction is now!! I tried to eat half a toasted english muffin this morning and it got stuck. OUCH!! My hubby has been great taking care of me, he even went out to get takeout that I wanted tonight. Guess I'll keep him around awhile longer after all!

Thanks for all the nice thoughts and prayers. You guys RAWK!!

Drewslou, I'm so glad surgery went well! Now you get to know the joy of restriction.:P

I had a strange NSV today......I went to go buy some dress shoes, we have a party to go to tomorrow and I need shoes. So I go to the size 9's, too big. I've worn size 9 for forever. Then I went to the 8 1/5's. Too Big!!!! So I went to the 8's.....well, still almost too big but ok. And I found some HEELS! And not just 2 inch heels, but FIVE inch heels. Wohoo! And I could actually walk around in them and not have my feet feel like they were trying to explode because of all the weight pushing down.

Has anyone else noticed their feet shrinking? Strange.........:)

It's great to hear from you Drews! I knew it would be a success, but just wanted to hear that directly from the source. YEAH, you have restriction. You may have to give up those english muffins. Let you DH pamper you and milk it for all it's worth. Guys only do that for so long.

Marci ~ Holy cow, 5 inches!!! WOW!! Go on with your sexy self. :biggrin1:

Paladin - Please tell 3loves how proud of her I am, sound like she is doing great! I do fell A LOT better! It is truly amazing how weight loss can have an impact on virtually every aspect of our lives... Do you have any idea when you will be able to have surgery? Yep, you guys gotta try CB's tenderloins, juisy and good! Tell 3loves to get her fill soon, so she can eat a "normal" Thanksgiving meal! BTW... How about those Buckeyes, Oh and GOOO DALE Jr!

Drews - Sooo glad your surgery went well!

Marci - 5 inch heels?! That is awesome! Strut your stuff, girl! I don't think my feet have shrunk, they have gotten skinnier... I can now see that I have my mom's feet.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK MAY BANDSTERS!

It sounds like everyone is starting off November with a bang! Glad to hear everyone doing well. I guess we are all going to hit our 6 month mark at some point during this month. Mine will be 11/8/06. I go in for my 3rd fill tomorrow. I am going to get all of my updated stats so I can post them on here. May was such a busy month for us because of my son’s (Harrison’s) 1st birthday, my surgery, Harrison got tubes in his ears and then my birthday came along. My little guy is 18 months old today! He played such a big role in me deciding once and for all to have the surgery. I look back six months ago at the pictures from Harrison’s birthday party (2 days prior to my surgery) and think, wow – what a transformation – both inside and out. I can honestly say that I would have the surgery all over again if given the opportunity. It has helped change my life in so many ways. I have so much fun playing with my son now and I am really enjoying his toddler days. I can’t wait to be pregnant again and see how much more I enjoy pregnancy as a healthy mom. My husband has been calling me “bitty” because he says I look itty bitty. Of course, I am no where near being itty bitty but in comparison to my 250+ days I guess I look much smaller. Anyway, I was feeling reflective and very grateful for the life changes. Maybe the Thanksgiving spirit is already kicking in. Hope everyone continues to have a good month!