Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~October Chat

Linda, the difference is incredible! You look terrific!

I will not be around for a while. I leave tomorrow night for an entire week in Vegas by myself. WhooHoo! I will be staying at the Paris for 3 nights and at the Venetian for 3 nights. All FREE! (I am a pretty big gambler. LOL)

I have tickets to see Elton John and Phantom of the Opera while I am there. I am never hungry when I gamble, so I am hoping to lose a few pounds. See ya next week!

Marcy -- you've probably already left, but have fun! Wish I could have sent 20 bucks with you to put in a machine for me.

Well, 2 more lbs this week. I'll take it! :clap2: I just wish my body would quit hurting. All my joints are just screaming with my shoulder being the loudest. I really think my fat was holding everything tight and now that it's disappearing, my joints are falling apart. The weather is changing but I don't think my body has ever responded this way.

It's sad......I finally start feeling great, doing things I haven't done in years and then I start falling apart.........:)

Helo Everyone!

I'm finally getting around to checking in for the Challenge. It's been one of those weeks where the weight literally dissappears overnight. In fact, -3 pounds between 11 pm and 7 am one night. Actually, it didn't dissappear, I flushed it. On that particular night I got up to pee every hour on the hour. I was tired but oh-so-happy when I stepped on the scale the next morning!

Anyway, I am -10 pounds for the challenge with -10 more to go! :biggrin1:

JustDuckie: I do the achey joint thing every time the weather changes, along with that I get weather related asthma so here we go for another season of pain and difficult breathing. I'm there with ya kid so don't feel alone.

MarcyD off having a great time. Hope ya win big kiddo!

3 pounds down and 2 back on today. Sat most of the day watching my GSon play football and my eldest coach. 4 bottles of Water...hoping I too can pee them out tonight!

Back on the road tomorrow but only till Wednesday. See my doc Thurs, gotta get the old oil checked... that time of year also.:rolleyes

Hope all are well and good.

Hey Maysters!

Well today is the day. I get my flouro done in an hour and will finally know what the fluck is up with my band. I have not been able to have anything by mouth for 4 hours prior so I am thirsty!

Wish me luck and I will let you know what I find out!

Peace.

Hey guys! Haven't check in with this thread in a while. Hope everyone is doing okay.... So sorry to hear about the personal and helath issues some of us are having. I pray that everything will work out as it should.

Linda - AWESOME PICS!!! You look GREAT! Congrats!

Paladin - Hello to you and the Misus. How is her weight loss going?

I'm still slow and steady.... I've lost 65.5 since my highest now... WOOOHOOO! I have 4 more pounds to lose so that I will NO LONGER be Morbidly Obese! Can't wait! Seems like keeping my calories around 1300 daily, drinking over 100 ozs of Water daily and working out for two hours at least three days a week is my key to losing the pounds... Gotta keep it up!

Keep up the good work everyone!! I'm gonna try to post some progress pics soon...

Today is makes 5 months post op and I hit 100 pounds lost when I got on the scales this morning. I could not be more happy with my band! Thanks to everyone here - you have been such a great support system. I still have a ways to go, but know I will get there. My latest pictures are on my website below. Current picture was taken about 2 weeks ago.

Ousooner - 100 pounds! Congratulations!!!!!

Kim - When I read your post I checked and guess what? I am no longer morbidly obese! Just plain old obese along with the rest of the nation! Woohoo!

Drews - How did you fill go?

Wow OU! You look amazing!! Congrats on the 100lb loss, I am very jealous!

Well I'm back from my flouro. Looks like I am leaking in the tubing about an inch and a half above my port. I will have to have the port replaced. Dammit!! I am very thankful however that it was my tubing leaking and not the band itself! The flouro was very cool... amazing to see all that stuff inside of me! My band placement is perfect and my port looks great.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Peace.

Wow DrewsLou isn't it nice to finally have an answer. Even if it's not the best answer it's still a validation of your problems.

LindaV WOOZER girl you are looking good. Tell me what a clack is. I am sure it has something to do with snow skiing but living in Texas I have no idea what it is.

OUSOONER sorry about the game this weekend. But congrats on the weightloss. That is a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

kim2bhealthy slow and steady wins the race. Congrats on your new *category*.

LapBandit1 was your eldest the coach for your grandson? We love FOOTBALL!!!!!! I only have a girl so I missed out on the football end of parenthood. But I see the little ones playing at the football field next to the elementary school by my house. OMG they are so cute I could take them all home with me.

justduckie hang in there hopefully things will get better soon.

Well the neurontin the neurologist put me on has REALLY helped my feet. I am not taking the full dosage yet so I hope I will have an even better outcome when I am at max dosage. I actually can get to sleep at night without feel like I am standing in a bed of FIREANTS.

So off to the dentist Wednesday for new temporary choppers. I think I will have everything semi fixed then.

Myra

OUSooner: AMAZING! CONGRATS! :clap2:

Drews: What were the symptoms you were having? I'm so glad you found out what was up and its so easily fixed.

Mypo: Glad they found you something that is helping.

My G-Son plays Freshman but my eldest is coaching the Varsity. It really is fun watching them play, I know what you mean. I just love it. But, one very long day in the sun watching and when I got home I had a very strawberried face, especially my nose. A sunburn in October in Michigan! Who would have thought. Worse thing is, I had my sunglasses on so I now look like a red faced racoon! Really cute huh? :embarassed:

Kim2: Hooray for you! :biggrin1:

Began my day at 4:00am for my trip back to what has become my other home, here in Indiana. Walking around with my red racoon face. Gee, you'd think people would get over it quickly but I sure got lots of stares. As if one look didn't explain I had too much sun. I guess it beats being stared at for my big old rear end! Gave em something else to look at I guess! ha ha.

Glad to hear all the good news.

:bandit

Myra - I sent you a PM about your question. I would be way too embarassed to post the answer here!

Drews - I'm sorry your port is leaking but glad you can get it fixed. You have done an amazing job considering your leaky port!

Lapbandit - Enjoy the Indiana fall! Even though I know you would rather be home.