Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Got My First Consult Appointment

Ahhhh I'm so excited my first consult appointment is on November 9 at 2pm :) yay!!!

I only wish it was sooner

I felt the same way. I started in July, which felt like a lifetime away. However time does fly. I am scheduled for surgery in 43 days. How crazy is that?! I have my preop nutrition and orientation appointments 2 weeks from tomorrow. It's crazy how much there is to do to get ready for this. But if you keep on keeping on, time will fly by and your turn will be here before you know it. Good luck!!

I felt the same way. I started in July' date=' which felt like a lifetime away. However time does fly. I am scheduled for surgery in 43 days. How crazy is that?! I have my preop nutrition and orientation appointments 2 weeks from tomorrow. It's crazy how much there is to do to get ready for this. But if you keep on keeping on, time will fly by and your turn will be here before you know it. Good luck!![/quote']

That's awesome! Did you have to do 6 months of seeing a nutritionist? I hope it doesn't take too long after my consult to get things really rolling...

I am getting married on march 21, 2014 and I want to have lost quite a bit of weight by then... Hoping for my surgery to be in may of 2013... After my ) months of seeing a nutritionist. I hope time flys! Good luck to you too! Your surgery is so close! :)

Hiii! I just had my first consultation on October 4th. The rest of this month i am getting tests done and on Nov 15 i get to schedule my surgery. I am 20 years old and i have never been so excited and nervous in my life! I also only have to meet with a nutrionist once and a eval once too for my insurance to cover. Goodluck to you!

Hiii! I just had my first consultation on October 4th. The rest of this month i am getting tests done and on Nov 15 i get to schedule my surgery. I am 20 years old and i have never been so excited and nervous in my life! I also only have to meet with a nutrionist once and a eval once too for my insurance to cover. Goodluck to you!

Wow that seems so fast! I feel like the next few months are going to drag by... Ughhh! Lol especially the next month until my consult!

I'm 21 and I don't know if I've ever been so excited and nervous at the same time. I wish all I had to do was meet with a nutritionist once! Lucky you! Good luck to you also!!!

That's awesome! Did you have to do 6 months of seeing a nutritionist? I hope it doesn't take too long after my consult to get things really rolling...

I am getting married on march 21' date=' 2014 and I want to have lost quite a bit of weight by then... Hoping for my surgery to be in may of 2013... After my ) months of seeing a nutritionist. I hope time flys! Good luck to you too! Your surgery is so close! :)[/quote']

I have to complete a 16 week weight management program with a registered dietician. Which I am attending my 12th class tonight. So only 4 more to go (last class on Monday November 5th). I have my 2hour nutrition class and 1 hour orientation class on October 23rd. I have a follow up with the psychologist that day too. I have my preop appointments with my surgeon on November 15th and the bariatric PCP on November 16th. My surgery is November 20th at noon and i have to be at the hospital at 8am. I have 16 days scheduled off to recover. I'm just a desk jockey so I'm not worried about going back to work.

Keep us up to date. Good luck to all.

I have to complete a 16 week weight management program with a registered dietician. Which I am attending my 12th class tonight. So only 4 more to go (last class on Monday November 5th). I have my 2hour nutrition class and 1 hour orientation class on October 23rd. I have a follow up with the psychologist that day too. I have my preop appointments with my surgeon on November 15th and the bariatric PCP on November 16th. My surgery is November 20th at noon and i have to be at the hospital at 8am. I have 16 days scheduled off to recover. I'm just a desk jockey so I'm not worried about going back to work.

Keep us up to date. Good luck to all.

I'm planning on taking 2 weeks off to recover... I work in child care so I'll need time before I can pick up the 2 1/2 year olds that I work with. Thank God we have 2 teachers in our class and steps that come out from underneath the changing table so the children can just climb up.

Keep us updated on your progress. I want to learn EVERYTHING I can about this procedure. & good luck to you too!

How did you get ins. Approval so fast? What ins. Do you have?

I'm so sad right now... I just got my confirmation letter from the surgeon... My first consult was supposed to be November 9... Now it has been pushed back a week til November 16... Arghhh it feels so far away... :/

I'm so sad right now... I just got my confirmation letter from the surgeon... My first consult was supposed to be November 9... Now it has been pushed back a week til November 16... Arghhh it feels so far away... :/

Keep the faith! In comparison to all you have already accomplished, a week is a breeze. Right?

I'm so excited to take the next journey in life. I have my cardiologist and pulmonologist appointment on Nov 19th and my first one on one with the bariatric dr on Nov 27th. On Dec 6 I have my psychologist appoint and a follow up with the pulmonologist. These dates seem so far away and I am so excited and anxious. That's what my insurance required for me to get the surgery then if everything go well and I am cleared that's when I will get a date.