Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Afraid!!!!

:omg: Help! My lapband surgery is scheduled for Tuesday and I'm getting cold feet!!! I've been so excited up until this weekend. I'm having to selfpay and have that all taken care of and all my preadmission and now I'm almost sick to my stomach with fear that I'm doing the wrong thing. What if it doesn't work! I'm 5"2" and 292 pounds. I NEED it to work! Do I really want to do this ?! I have such an attachment to food. Am I going to be able to handle it? :help: :help:

I think many of us had the same panic attack! I know I did. There is nothing wrong with postponing if you need more time to think about it. But, most of us had second thoughts too and went through with it fine. It isn't easy, but it does work. Hang in there and keep us posted!

I'm almost sick to my stomach with fear that I'm doing the wrong thing. What if it doesn't work! I'm 5"2" and 292 pounds. I NEED it to work! Do I really want to do this ?! I have such an attachment to food. Am I going to be able to handle it?
Nobody can answer those questions.

Many of the members here have done very well. I suggest you look around for the threads on "Would you do it again?"

I know I would.

This is not a fairy tale. "And they lived happily ever after!"

It is the start and it will take a lot of work. But, you can do it and we will be here to help.

I get banded on Wednesday. I've have the same jitters. Especially when I've been losing weight while on the pre-surgical diet. I just know if I lose weight again without this tool, I will probably max my weight out yet again. I've been a yo-yo for 30 years. That's all it got be was depressed, heart disease, pre-diabetes, decreased motivation, and a wardrobe from 34 waist to 50. I'm nervous but hopeful.

My problem is not losing the weight...I'm an expert on that. It's changing habits, and not caving in to getting that full feeling of a meal well prepared and enjoyed..over and over and over.....and then gaining more weight again. I gotta do this!

Good Luck,

heybigguy

Thank you both, socal3 and Tired Old Man. I will ook for that thread. I know I want to do this..I've been looking forward to it for so long and now I'm really jittery. It helps to see your tickers going down.

Thanks for the support.

lwatts

Thanks Heybigguy,

I'm going to do this. I won't back out. I've been losing too with the pre-surgical diet but I'm so sick of this food I'm on and not being able to have real food. Just like today, my family ( 29 of us) will be at my mom's at 1:00 for lunch. I will have chicken broth!! Hopefully, I can get back on mushy food soon after.

lwatts

Good luck to you too.

IT AIN'T EASY, but it's SOOOOO SO SO worth it!!!!! I consider it a lifesaving thing!! GOOD LUCK!!!!! It gets easier by the day!!!

I was banded about a year ago and haven't regretted one minute of it. I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Recently (yesterday) i had my gallbladder out and I remember how easy the surgery really was. Don't sweat it, while there are risks the payoff (if you are dedicated is really worth it). Just get up and about ASAP and buy something pretty for yourself after surgery to make you feel good. Sit back, relax and get someone to take care of you. It's a great feeling, there will be ups and downs but ultimately it is all VERY VERY worth it. Wishing you all the best, from DALLAS TX

Please, please, don't change your mind. If you do a year from now you'll be like what in the hell was I thinking. Now I way more than I did then. I would be small by now. Why didn't one of you stop me. I'm going to kill every blanking one of you lapbandsters. See, I am saving my own life.

No seriously, you'll do great. I went to Mexico, had never even been to Texas let along Mexico and had mine done and it couldn't have went better. Just take a long hot bubble bath, read, watch Roseanne or something and just chill, you'll be fine.

The first weeks on liquid are HARD (I'm almost through week 1) -- I'm not hungry but I cannot WAIT to eat.

It's hard, but I am motivated by the weight loss I see everytime I step on the scale!

Thanks everyone! Tommorrow is the BIG daya nd I'm going for it! I feel better after reading your responses!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I'll let you know how I do.

Lwatts

Had my banding yesturday. Surgical experience was totally positive. The small amount of discomfort in the "port" area is easily taken care of with the liquid Lortab pain medication given to me. Learning how to drink and belch easily (and silently). Started on shakes with added Protein, Soup, liquid vitamins, and Water. I'm not drinking enough of that because my mouth is very dry. I'm sure I'll get in practice. Hope all is well.

Heybigguy!!!! I'm so proud for you! Mine was easy too. The most discomfort was from the tube down my throat. I had it done on Tuesday and went back to work yeaterday for 1/2 day and am back all day today. I even pureed what I had cooked for my family last night and ate a little of it. I felt soooo much better afterwards. I haven't been really hungry at all...just feelings I can't identify.....is it hunger or nausea?

Keep me up with your progress.

I've lost 16 pounds already since last Wed. when I went on the pre-op diet!! YEAH!!!

Lynn