Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits October Challenge

Guysis: That is fantastic!! How did you get off Prozac?? Is it really possible??

Julie: You are gonna hit the -100 marker on your ticker very soon!

Kudos to all!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hello everybody,

Im up for this one as well:-))

But I have to be better with writing down the excercise.

I want to ask that if I spent 80 minutes on threadmill do you count it as one excercise sessions or two?

Lets do it:-))

have a great day Eva

Eficka,

80 consecutive minutes on the treadmill gives you great bragging rights when you come here to log it, but it just counts as one of your 17. I think our focus is just getting ourselves to the gym (or moving outside, or whatever) at least 17 times during the month. We have to move for 35 minutes for it to count, but we all try to move for longer when we can.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on how you're doing. Your pictures are such an inspiration to me!

I made it to the gym today with every intention of trying the "wave" but there are only 2 of them and they were both taken. Ahhh, my beloved elliptical won out again....

Today we made 2 walks, and went just over 3 miles, and then I hit Curves. I don't know an exact time---but easily over 35 minutes...I did my one month weigh & measure today, and was down 7 pounds and 5 1/2 inches in the month...the biggest loss being in my bust.... My bra band is getting very big, the cup size remains unchanged...dammit! Oh well...will take it all!! As of today I am exactly half way to my goal weight!!! I have a feeling the second half will be harder...but here we go!!!

Kat

Today I wanted to get up early at six and go to the gym.ha ha ha never happened:-) cause its cold and raioning its hard for me to get up.But I will definitely go in the afternoon I even took my bag to work.

Since I started going to the gym regularly I feel I have to go there, not that Im addicted to the endorphine:-) nor to the excercise (I would rather be a couch potatoe) but because Im dreaded that I will fall out of the routine.

Truly said I cant say I like the excercise or that Im addicted to it.And I have a hard time believeing people who say that, but I guess its just my problem:-))lol

How do you feel about excercise is it something you love to do or you just do it cause you know you have to?:-)

Julie Im your inspiration? You are crazy girl :-)) You are my inspiration you have lost almost 100pounds in 5 months I only lost 48 pounds or so:-)You go girl!!

40 mins. at Curves. I've gotten a late start this month. I did something to my back over the weekend and woke up with pain in my right lower back and hip. I feel better today, but I don't feel envigorated from my workout today, just beat. I'm going to get weighed and measure this week also. I'm curious what my stats will be. Good job Kat!

Eva: generally I like to walk, and I did look forward to last months workouts at Curves. Today, I exercised because I knew I had to for the challenge, I kept looking at the clock the whole time I was there. I don't know why I feel that way today. I hope it wont be like this for the whole month.

Roberta

Off to an "ok" start in the October Challenge! Yes, I am off my PROZAC......being a fat grammy is very depressing! Being on my way to a "normal" sized grammy is such a good feeling!

October

2 - 1 Hour NIA class

3 - 1 hour 3 mile walk (to and back from breakfast)

Went to Curves earlier today....35 mins. I still don't have the energy I had last month, I don't know what's going on with me.

So far, so good!

October Challenge

1) 10/2: 1-hr movement class, 35-min lap swim

2) 10/3: 1-hr yoga class, 35-min lap swim

3) 10/4: 1-hr movement class, 35-min lap swim

Ugh, I really need to get started with this and get motivated guys. I am in desperate need of a fill. I was doing great and all of sudden this past week, I am able to eat like crazy. Thank goodness I have my monthly appointment scheduled this Monday, fill me up doctor! I finally got on my treadmill tonight.

10/4: 35 minutes on the treadmill

Good for you, Susan, for getting on your treadmill even when you're feeling yucky about your diet. That's GREAT. I've thought I'd lost my fill twice only to find that in 3-4 days I was fine again. I've started charting on my calendar how food obsessed I am every day on a scale of 1-10. I'm hoping, that way, I'll be able to tell better when I need a fill versus when I'm just having a bad couple of days. I don't know if it'll work or not, but I'm trying it out.

So I did my "new and different" activity today. I finally got my turn at the "wave" cardio machine. I kind of liked it. It's the same motion as roller skating, so I felt a bit like a kid, which is fun. What I didn't like about it was that since it was more challenging strength-wise and less challenging cardio-wise, I couldn't get my heart rate up to where I like it to be for maximum calorie burning. I'm sure it's great for tush-firming, abs and inner thighs, but it doesn't burn the overall calories of my beloved elliptical machine. Anwyway, so I did it for 20 minutes then moved over to the treadmill and alternated 1 minute of walking and 1 minute of running for 20 more minutes (I only ran 7 minutes because towards the end I needed 1.30 recoveries instead of 60 seconds). I think I might alternate this routine with my elliptical because I think overall it was just as good a workout, but different muscles.

I go to the band doctor tomorrow for my monthly checkup. I don't think I'm getting a fill (but I probably will next month). That's all my news!

Good for you Susan in getting started....sometimes that's the hardest part.

Julie sounds like you ended up having a very good workout.

Got to Curves at 6:30 am this morning and then straight to grocery shopping. They had a raffle at Curves for one free session at an Acupuncturist and I won!!! How cool is that?

I've been really pooped from all the vacationing I did last month....gotta up my days of exercise to get my stamina back!

October

2 - 1 Hour NIA class

3 - 1 hour 3 mile walk (to and back from breakfast)

4 -

5 - 1 hour 3 mile walk (our favorite to breakfast)

Ok....just back from Curves 40 mins workout. I was due from my first monthly weigh in and measurements since joining one month ago. In September I loss 10 inches overall and 5 lbs.

Roberta